Wireless Tether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dabezt1

May 25, 2007
Works perfectly. And the great thing I can tether other android phones with it so I'm assuming it's not creating a adhoc connection. Speeds seem to be a little better than wireless-tether app.

My iPad and anyother phone is able to disconnect and reconnect with out any problem. With wireless tether every time I'd disconnect or stop tethering and try to start again at a later time I'd have to change the name (ssid)

Thanks for posting it!!!

Last edited:

hellcatrydr

Jul 4, 2010
Orange Co. CA.
....Holy Cow! I did it!!!
I'm a rooted noob (Yep.. A Roob.)and this my first actual use of the root. It Worked! WooHoo! Thank you. You guys rock!

Last edited:

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
Would someone please give me step by step directions on the above.
I've read & searched & read some more. I'm a Vibrant rooted noob (Yep.. A Vroob.) and I have the Clockwork Recovery tool but I'm still not quite ready to start clicking things I don't really understand yet. I D/L'ed the tether zip. Lil' help? Thanks guys.
  1. Make sure you have ROM manager, if not, it can be found in the market by searching for it.
  2. Go into ROM Manager
  3. If you don't already have it flashed, click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"
  4. After that, click "Reboot into Recovery."
  5. Phone will go into ClockworkMod
  6. Use your volume buttons to go to "install zip from sdcard", and press the power button to select.
  7. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
  8. Go to whatever folder or location the file is, and select it
  9. Click on "Yes - Install signed-mobileapv2.zip"
  10. After that happens, click go back, then reboot system now, and that's it!

dbm0361

Apr 26, 2008
I tried this six times I download it to sd card then do clock work recovery but I cant find the file I even tried moving it still no luck

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
I tried this six times I download it to sd card then do clock work recovery but I cant find the file I even tried moving it still no luck

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
Make sure you have it on the phones memory, not on an external SD card.

Sent from my Vibrant

scoochv

Jul 23, 2010
Works perfectly on my stock rom.. The first time it rebooted, it hung on the Galaxy S screen, but a battery pull solved it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

altabu

Aug 14, 2010
Writing this reply now using wireless tether. SWEEEEET! Our comcast connection drops from time to time so this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.