[ROM] D800 KitKat Manual Update with Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
YES!!! It will take a long time to flash...did not hang. Just needs time :p

I will have custom ROM up later tonight.

I will have custom ROM based on International version once it is released and I can get my hands on the KDZ or TOT. This way we do not have to deal with CarrierIQ.

Last edited:

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
And just like that. Everything is awesome in this world lol. Thank you kind sir.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

plastikman187

Feb 1, 2010
San Jose, California
Are you using the aboot from one of the 10x builds? I am pulling the ROM down now but I am concerned that installing this will update my aboot and make it so that going back to a different kernel/ROM will be difficult. I am not all that up on LOKI so perhaps this is just a dumb post :/.

xLordNitro

Jun 11, 2012
What if we are on the unrooted KitKat ota? Just flash this? Or downgrade, then flash recovery and then flash this?

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
What if we are on the unrooted KitKat ota? Just flash this? Or downgrade, then flash recovery and then flash this?

use lg flash tool to flash back to 10d firmware. root and install recovery. then flash this rom with supersu to get back to where you are now but with root.

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
Are you using the aboot from one of the 10x builds? I am pulling the ROM down now but I am concerned that installing this will update my aboot and make it so that going back to a different kernel/ROM will be difficult. I am not all that up on LOKI so perhaps this is just a dumb post :/.

LG flash tools

Downgrade,flash recovery and then rom zip and superuser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013

when you use lg flash tool to go back to an older firmware, it replaces your aboot with that firmwares aboot. so you have nothing to worry about.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

@bigfau

we need a custom KK rom from you. GOGOGO. :)

Reactions: bigfau

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
Ah, OK. So if I'm running houstonn's PA ROM I can't just go into TWRP, wipe everything, and flash this ROM? I first have to downgrade to stock 10d, etc?

bigfau

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ah, OK. So if I'm running houstonn's PA ROM I can't just go into TWRP, wipe everything, and flash this ROM? I first have to downgrade to stock 10d, etc?

If you have a custom recovery just flash both rom zip and superuser. No need to downgrade unless you have stock recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Zoide_

randrew87

Nov 11, 2008
Medellin

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I just asked you this on another forum, but I don't know if you are tracking that one. Is this 100% stock ATT ROM, other than it being Flashable Zip? That's AWESOME if it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER - I am not to blame if you screw up your phone. Proceed at your own risk.

Thread closed since there is an option now for stock AT&T crap with recovery and international version with recovery, with working google wallet and no carrierIQ or AT&T bloat.

International HERE

Stock AT&T HERE

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+
    Just a heads up people. Tomorrow I should have the international version of ROM. I believe tap to pay will work out of the box since no mods needed to be made to for it to show up in settings. No carrier IQ and A LOT less bloat. I would have had done it tonight but I accidentally left the build.prop from international version in and it caused me some headaches when I went to flash back to stock. I had to flash D802 KDZ and the LG server was giving me a problem with the update tool connecting to server. I just got back to AT&T 10d firmware so I need to do some final testing before release.
    YES!!! It will take a long time to flash...did not hang. Just needs time :p

I will have custom ROM up later tonight.

I will have custom ROM based on International version once it is released and I can get my hands on the KDZ or TOT. This way we do not have to deal with CarrierIQ.
    Members read the OP, or here is an idea just tossing it out there....maybe search the 9 pages to see if your question is already posted....hey on to something here...But honestly after only 9 pages, do we need a cleaning in this thread.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I have the international version up and running on my phone. It should not have carrierIQ. I need to run out for a bit and when I come back I will fix it up and post it under my other ROM thread. Just going to take some time because if I want to change something then I have to restore, root and throw on recovery...