Search This thread

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
[ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo[LEGACY]

5ZlbRXW.png

NOTE: PLEASE ALSO READ ALL OF THE FAQ IN THE SECOND POST. IT COVERS MANY OF THE COMMON PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS!

CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lolipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Changelog:
https://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/s3ve3g/

Requirements:
  • Custom recovery (either TWRP or CyanogenMod)
  • Soon other things will be added

Known Bugs/Issues: (fixed nightly date)
  • NFC
  • If camera not working flash this: LINK
  • Offline charging(02.09.2016)
  • (Please don't ask ETA for any bug fixes)

Bug reports for this ROM should be officially submitted via CyanogenMod's Jira bug tracking sytstem. Please fully read the FAQ entry on bugs and bug submission before submitting any tickets.

FAQ, other information:
Soon

Download:
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=s3ve3g

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

Thanks to These People:
Zola
@rox
Abhisek Devkota
Samsung Devs
CyanogenMod Devs

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Contributors
n1kolaa, Zola III
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-22
Beta Release Date: 2015-10-19

Created 2015-09-23
Last Updated 2018-05-14

Last edited:

n1kolaa

Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
How to report problem with new kerel or rom?

We're on a development site - at least in theory.
To help out development without actually having some knowledge it's really important to know how and when to get logs.
Lately more and more people in this section do grab appropriate logs, which is a good thing and has already helped in fixing a bunch of bugs.
To stop (especially new) people from constantly asking how to get logcats I decided to hand out a quick reference on how to grab logs efficiently via adb / terminal / app.

There is an app which can export apps (see the end of this post), but you should learn how to get logs via adb anyways, as a dmesg is often crucial in case of debugging bsods.
I won't post instructions in how to get adb working - you can use Google or take this CM wiki entry as a starting point.

The three most important log types are:
  • logcat: the logoutput of the Android system
  • radio logcat: the log outpur ot your System / BB / RIL communication
  • kernel log (kmsg / dmesg): the kernel messages
    Additionally there's the last_kmsg which is a dump of the kernel log until the last shutdown.

Normal Logcat:
Code:
adb logcat -v time -d > logcat.log

Radio Logcat:
Code:
adb logcat -b radio -v time -d > logcat_radio.log

Note: Cyanogenmod (based) ROMs require the following setting to export kernel logs via adb:
Settings - Developer Options - Root access - choose: "Apps and ADB"

Kernel Log:
Code:
adb shell su -c dmesg > dmesg.log

Last_kmsg:
Code:
adb shell su -c "cat /proc/last_kmsg" > last_kmsg.log

For getting the logs via the Terminal Emulator app the commands differ a little:
Get logs via Terminal Emulator:
Normal Logcat:
Code:
logcat -v time -d > /sdcard/logcat.log

Radio Logcat:
Code:
logcat -b radio -v time -d > /sdcard/logcat_radio.log

Kernel Log:
Code:
su -c dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log

Last_kmsg:
Code:
su -c "cat /proc/last_kmsg" > /sdcard/last_kmsg.log
Notes:
  • -v time will include timestamps in the logcats
  • -d will export the complete log.
    If you want to save a continuous log you can remove the -d parameter - then you need to cancel the logging process via CTRL+C.
    To export a continuous kernel log use adb shell su -c "cat /proc/kmsg" > dmesg.log (and cancel it via CTRL+C again).

Exporting logs with an app:

I used to recommend Lumberjack for grabbing logs, but it doesn't work with Jellybean properly anymore and fails to export the dmesg.
I googled for a while and found a great (and fully open sourced) alternative to export logs: SysLog
With this great app there are no more excuses - at least open the app, export all 4 log types and attach the zip file from /sdcard/SysLog to your bug report.
Before anyone asks (duh!), Kernel log = dmesg, Last kernel log= last_kmsg, main log = logcat, modem log = radio log.
Lumberjack still is great to have a look at logs on the phone, but for exporting you probably should use SysLog as it does it quickly and reliable :)

SysLog (source):

#o#
When to post which kind of logs:
  • If you got any kind of ROM problems - especially problems with Apps like force closes, attach a logcat.
  • If there are problems while calling or with your signal attach a radio logcat to the normal logcat.
  • In kernel threads or on issues which might be kernel related (from A as auto brightness to Z as ZRAM) you need a kernel log
  • If you had a sudden reboot attach a last_kmsg, then we can check if it's been kernel related

As our phone has always been on the edge of bsod's and freezes, some special notes about them as well:
  • If you had a bsod and/or freeze a logcat dmesg after rebooting is useless, as it doesn't show anything from before the reboot
  • There are two things you can do:
    1. While the phone's screen is black connect the cable to your computer and check if the device is accessable via adb (check e.g. with "adb devices").
      If it is export the dmesg like explained above. If not go on to step 2:
      Note that two of the bsod problems of the ICS/CM kernel have been fixed by pengus by the logs I managed to get while the phone has been in a bsod - which means this is crucial!
    2. Pull the battery and insert it again as quickly as possible. Why? The phone does hold a so called last_kmsg in RAM.
      It's non-permanent memory, which means it doesn't survive a loss of power - sometimes we're in luck by a quick pull though.
      If we're not in luck the file will be empty or contain scrambled characters.

Last but not least some general remarks:
  • If you don't provide useful logs we can not help you in 95% of the cases in case we can't reproduce it.
    Buf even if we could reproduce it - let's assume one of YOUR apps is force closing. Why should we install the app to reproduce the problem and get the logs ourselves.
    YOU want help, so YOU should provide the log.

• Every real dev with some coding knowledge will need logs to fix the bugs.

• This site is called xda-developers - which means that the initial intention of this forum is the actual development itself - and not "making your phone cool".
    The least you can (and must) do is to provide useful help with a clear problem description and attached logs when you run into some issues

Last edited:

ToXiTe

Jan 17, 2015
Everything is fine

Installed and booted without issue. Kernel seems to be changed. :good: :highfive:

n1kolaa

Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord
Reactions: WilliTokarev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][5.1.1][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 for S3 Neo[LEGACY]

5ZlbRXW.png

NOTE: PLEASE ALSO READ ALL OF THE FAQ IN THE SECOND POST. IT COVERS MANY OF THE COMMON PROBLEMS AND QUESTIONS!

CyanogenMod 12.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lolipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Changelog:
    https://www.cmxlog.com/12.1/s3ve3g/

Requirements:
    • Custom recovery (either TWRP or CyanogenMod)
    • Soon other things will be added

Known Bugs/Issues: (fixed nightly date)
    • NFC
    • If camera not working flash this: LINK
    • Offline charging(02.09.2016)
    • (Please don't ask ETA for any bug fixes)

Bug reports for this ROM should be officially submitted via CyanogenMod's Jira bug tracking sytstem. Please fully read the FAQ entry on bugs and bug submission before submitting any tickets.

FAQ, other information:
    Soon

Download:
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=s3ve3g

Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your phone. See the disclaimer above.
    Note to admins/moderators: I'm not a developer / contributor of CyanogenMod and not associated with Cyanogen, Inc. in any way. If this thread is inappropriate, please move/delete it.

Thanks to These People:
    Zola
    @rox
    Abhisek Devkota
    Samsung Devs
    CyanogenMod Devs

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod12.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo

Contributors
    n1kolaa, Zola III
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-22
    Beta Release Date: 2015-10-19

Created 2015-09-23
    Last Updated 2018-05-14
    Donations for s3 dual sim

Use "Send payment" option on paypal
    @Ahmad Tawfik: 1,62 USD; 1,18 USD
    @S3-Neo 5 USD
    @naik2902 6.00 USD
    @aelfinn 5.51 USD
    @St.Ungulant 5.49 USD
    Ulrich 10.99 USD!
    @Droidaner 13.49 US
    I need about 50 euros for used dual sim phone :)
    Today will be relased new relase,
    changes: LINK
    offline charging shoud be fixed thanks to @iBullRay
    add some security patches to kernel and some perfomances inprovment
    If you use xposed and rom get buggy i cant help you i dont support custom kernels and xposed...
    CM12.1 is dead. Will start soon cm13.0 biringup with that kernel that i used on cm12.1 CM13.0 is now builded weekly
    This is updated kernel with more security patches. Thanks for donation Ahmed i recived it! If cm13.0 get booted i will make new thread. After cm13.0 will try to build cm14.1 too. My eta is new year!
    http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/wiCqiIxu/file.html
    i found more optimizations for kernel and rom. Speed are now 2x more than stock, but im realy sory no time right now to mess with cm13.0 it need a lot things from cm and from us but im 1000% shure most of bug are due to problem with updateded blobs on vendor. I will relase next cm12.1 updata sometime next week. I hope you all enjoyed 09. update. :)
    I must to study hard untill june then if theres no stabile cm13 i will inprove it or make better bringup but will see what time will bring tu us :) I hope most of you you will understood me. This takes a lot time and collage too but collage is inportant and this is just hoby :)