Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
SuperSU has several flash-time options.

Normally these are set by echoing text to /data/.supersu, for example:

Code:
echo "BINDSBIN=true">>/data/.supersu

There are a dozen such options, and though most users never have to change the defaults, it can become cumbersome if you are one of the users who does.

The standard SuperSU ZIP does not use AROMA because AROMA does not support all the devices and recovery environments the SuperSU ZIP supports.

If your device and recovery environment does support AROMA and you need to configure SuperSU in a non-standard way, this is the ZIP to flash for you!

NOTICE: This ZIP does not actually install SuperSU itself. You need to manually flash that after flashing this one.

Requirements
- ARM-based device
- AROMA-compatible recovery or FlashFire
- Access to the /data partition (rarely an issue)

Download
AROMA-SuperSUConfig-v1.00.zip

Attachments

• aroma-supersu-config-screen-1.png
    aroma-supersu-config-screen-1.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 39,981
  • aroma-supersu-config-screen-2.png
    aroma-supersu-config-screen-2.png
    139 KB · Views: 39,396
  • aroma-supersu-config-screen-3.png
    aroma-supersu-config-screen-3.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 39,244
Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Does this Aroma mean that you don't have to use Terminal in TWRP 3.1.1-0 now? My quick take is that you Flash the Aroma zip and then Flash SuperSU because the Aroma takes care of what you had to do with the previous SR version?

From Down the Rabbit Hole by:
My SM-G930W8 ??

Reactions: Strideynet

emraz786

Aug 8, 2015
I flashed the aroma zip and then SuperSU, but did not pass the safetynet check. A little help please.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

djb77

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2011
NSW
github.com
Brilliant idea of incorporating AROMA with SuperSU.
It would be nice however if it could detect a SuperSU zip in the same folder and flash if present (maybe an alert dialog in aroma with something like "supersu zip detect, flash yes/no"

Keep up the good work :)

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
Chainfire will this also add the temporary command so we can install busybox or does SR3 now take care of this issue?

UPDATE: I flashed SuperSUConfig and SR3 and busybox installed with no issues. No need for echo "BINDSYSTEMXBIN=true">>/data/.supersu

Can we get clarification as to which process is taking care of this?

EDIT: After thoroughly reading the release notes on SR3 it looks like this is what has fixed it. I was able to install busybox to the default path.

Thanks

Last edited:

yaibakt

Jan 10, 2012
www.facebook.com
could somebody provide the screenshots or each option to choose in the aroma?

I flashed this config, chose "sbin for android >8" at the 1st page, then all the next pages i left "default" for supersu for all the rest. Then i flashed the latest supersu SR3. reboot. install suhide 1.07 and run. it shows there is no suhide binaries.

Did i do something wrong? Thank you.

could somebody provide the screenshots or each option to choose in the aroma? I flashed this config, chose "sbin for android >8" at the 1st page, then all the next pages i left "default" for supersu for all the rest. Then i flashed the latest supersu SR3. reboot. install suhide 1.07 and run. it shows there is no suhide binaries. Did i do something wrong? Thank you.
Chainfire provided the Screenshots on the OP of this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SuperSU has several flash-time options.

Normally these are set by echoing text to /data/.supersu, for example:

Code:
    echo "BINDSBIN=true">>/data/.supersu

There are a dozen such options, and though most users never have to change the defaults, it can become cumbersome if you are one of the users who does.

The standard SuperSU ZIP does not use AROMA because AROMA does not support all the devices and recovery environments the SuperSU ZIP supports.

If your device and recovery environment does support AROMA and you need to configure SuperSU in a non-standard way, this is the ZIP to flash for you!

NOTICE: This ZIP does not actually install SuperSU itself. You need to manually flash that after flashing this one.

Requirements
    - ARM-based device
    - AROMA-compatible recovery or FlashFire
    - Access to the /data partition (rarely an issue)

Download
    AROMA-SuperSUConfig-v1.00.zip
    ... reserved ...
    ... also reserved ...
    Does this Aroma mean that you don't have to use Terminal in TWRP 3.1.1-0 now? My quick take is that you Flash the Aroma zip and then Flash SuperSU because the Aroma takes care of what you had to do with the previous SR version?

Correct.
    Finally. I love this. I'm not a magisk fan.