Universal 1 Click Eris Root App Apk - No PCs, No Scripts Needed, EASY

Search This thread

pborner

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Hi all, I may have missed something while browsing this thread, but i got a proble:
I am trying to root a buddy's phone using this method. I rooted mine but it was a while ago and forgot the exact steps. This seems easy enough, so i gave it a try. I got to the AMON-RA recovery screen and realized that the trackball isn't working. The only thing i can do is reboot(1st menu option) and it loads the regular os fine. His phone still works but i cant flash any roms since i cant move the cursor on amon ra's recovery screen. Any ideas? He has a droid eris running the 2.1 OTA. Is this possibly the problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, maybe there is a diffent way to root if its a 2.1 OTA. Still looking around the forum for similar posts but havent found anything yet.

Thanks,

Pascal

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
My Imac won't reconize the file!

Download it directly on your phone and install it using a File Manager app. (e.g. ES File Manager). It will be in the /sdcard/download folder after you download it.

You need to turn on the checkbox at Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources in order to do that.

You don't need it for this particular activity, but as you come up to speed on other root-related activities, you might want to review these posts:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=649663

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Still looking around the forum for similar posts but havent found anything yet.

There is a trackball-free variant of Amon_RA available (actually two versions, very similar):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9124095#post9124095

No doubt you are thinking "great, but how do I install it, since I don't have a working trackball?"

This thread will give you some ideas - see the "Installation" section

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html

Some Eris (Erii ?) have mechanically marginal trackballs, and users with those handsets report that gently wiggling the USB cable connector (with it plugged in to the phone) will sometimes enable the use of the scroll function in the trackball. That usually is the case with handsets that also have problems with the trackball in the regular OS, though; there are apparently some Eris handsets where the trackball is perfect in the regular OS, but won't scroll at all in Amon_RA. The USB wiggle thing won't work for those - but it is easy enough to try.

Last edited:

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
Step 5) Go into settings, and turn usb debugging on. After you have root, please uninstall this app.

Just that easy...........and yes flash the rom of your choice...

Actually I noticed that removing the 1-click root app did NOT remove the rootme.zip file from my sdcard. I deleted it but later recopied it just in case I ran into trouble later and needed to re-root (not that rootme.zip would help).

Which leads me to ask, is there any harm in leaving rootme.zip in my sdcard? It's an 8MB card so space isn't an issue.

drexnx

Jan 21, 2011
I get an "error on line 3" when I try and flash the rootme.zip...

any thoughts?

edit: rebooting and trying again seems to have worked!

Last edited:

map1989

Jul 2, 2010
need help please

i need help please i recently installed one click app then i rebooted my phone went to flash the .zip but it just keeps showing me big ANDROID letters and i dont see anything from there did i miss something?

SupraLance

Nov 12, 2010
Stone County, Missouri
The original post really should be editted to say "press volume DOWN and power simultaneously" and then select 'recovery' from the options. Volume UP and power just boots normally, at least until after superuser is installed. Other than that, this worked great. THANKS guys for making rooting so easy.

The original post really should be editted to say "press volume DOWN and power simultaneously" and then select 'recovery' from the options. Volume UP and power just boots normally, at least until after superuser is installed. Other than that, this worked great. THANKS guys for making rooting so easy.

up and power button worked fine for me...

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
It depends on the hboot, if you want it edited, rewrite the post and give me the edited text.

jstrom23

Aug 22, 2009
Maryland
I had the same experience as SupraLance...Vol-down + Power worked fantastic. Wonderful app...much thanks to the devs. Donating to a local afterschool program now on your behalf. Thanks!

Oct 1, 2008

UP+POWER worked for mine, but it did not work on a friend's........ Mine would go into the mode where it's the triangle with the exlamation point, but the friend's wouldn't do it for the life of me.

Then I did the DOWN+POWER on his and it went into the normal hboot menu, but it had more options than mine had. Was able to get to recovery mode that way.

Maybe the phone had a newer stock bootloader than mine?

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
Maybe the phone had a newer stock bootloader than mine

Yes; the key-press sequences and the menu items presented are different between the 1.47.0000 (S-ON) and 1.49.0000 (S-ON) bootloader.

To my knowledge, only on the latter can you use Vol-Up+End/Power to cold start directly into the recovery boot. With 1.47.0000, you have to cold start with HBOOT (Vol-Up+End/Power) or FASTBOOT (Send+End/Power), and then traverse the menus to get to the recovery boot - just as you did.

Also, if a stock recovery is on the phone, the key-sequence to get the (initially hidden) stock recovery menu to appear is different between different releases of the stock recovery. On HTC Eris recoveries for Cupcake (1.5) ROMs, you pressed the Home(softkey)+End/Power, and on Eclair (2.1) ROMs, you press Vol-Up+End/Power (a second time).

Hope that clears things up.

bftb0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ## I will clean up the code, and UI this weekend: and for those with any doubts: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/1-click-eris-root-app-no-pc-required/

## To those tempted to redistribute my apps, or apps based on my work without permission. This will only result in me using a new obnoxious DRM system. Please stop it.

Preface, This is not a free app, its a try before you buy app. If this app works for you, and you are happy with it. You are required to donate a meal to a homeless youth, or any amount of money to a youth outreach type program.

This is a TeamAndIRC production. The source code is available on request, if good reason exists.

I got bored and whipped this up tonight with ECLIPS3. This will root your Droid Eris running 2.1 with 1 click.

If something doesn't work, don't freak just contact me. Tested working on latest RUU.
    This does NOT erase anything off your phone.You can keep you data/apps with this root!

Step 1) download and install this apk
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699733/erisone010.apk - VERSION 0.1.0

Step 2) Run, read disclaimer, press button

Step 3) Reboot, once rebooted your phone should have Amon's recovery. Yay.

Step 4) Use the recovery to flash rootme.zip that is now on your SDCard, or the custom rom of your choice.

Step 5) Go into settings, and turn usb debugging on. After you have root, please uninstall this app.

Just that easy.

Please come chat with use at http://chat.andirc.net or irc.andirc.net #droideris if you have a separate IRC client.

Credit to:
    Eclips3 for spending hours and hours and hours testing my crap. Without him this app wouldn't exist.

TopazAaron for the icon

wag3slav3 for the root method

Amon_RA for the recovery image

erisuser1 for the post that gave me the idea.

and to the authors of flash_image and superuser.apk.
    This is 100% legit! Very easy to do. One click. If you cant click one button. You dont deserve root lol!

If you do have troubles:

chat.andirc.net
    The trackball works fine, only in Amon RA is it not working!?!?

It happens. You are not the first. There are workarounds, and I provided links for the same.
    OK, because you guys are the Eris guru's, I am kind of dumping a couple of questions in the same post...(sorry, but you are good!)

So I will preface with the fact this MAY not be completely related to the rooting, but I figured this would be a good outlet for it. I went through the process, rooted the phone, everything was peachy. I had Superuser and everything. When trying to open up Titanium Backup, I was prompted as usual to grant permissions, which I did. When it finally launches, it tells me unable to acquire root access.

Is this just maybe a problem where Titanium Backup doesn't work on the Eris, or is it possible that it did not completely root somehow?

**Furthermore, I then flashed clockworkmod and attempted to flash the GSB ROM. It flashed successfully, followed by gapps (blah blah). But then when I rebooted, it just replayed the boot animation for 7 hours (over night). I backed it all up before meddling, so life is good, but could that be related to the root issue too?

I am sorry to ask this here, and truly appreciate any help you have to offer!!

Thanks!
    TK

With TiBu, there is a "Problems" button at the bottom. I assume that you didn't have Busybox installed, and that will install it for you. That was probably the issue.

We Eris users tend to discourage Clockwork Recovery, as people with Clockwork have bricked their phones in the past. However, based on your post, my guess is that you did not wipe data before you flashed GSB and gapps. Forgetting to do that will lead to the results you describe.
    If anyone still needs it here you go I found it on the wayback machine