[ROM] - 2/23 - Stock Rooted ICS 4.0.3 - 3.10.605.13 - Fixed!

Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
What if you were to use the Rosie from this build and put it in 4.0.1. Think it would fix the annoying touchy homescreen?

Sent from a cellular telephone
Not sure... i think the sense version is what is causing the reasl 4.0.3 to lock up. I have not had a lot of time to play with it as I did not get the OK to leak until early this AM and by then I had already planned on getting to sleep...

So I posted this in an effort to spar some innovation and see what we can make of it all.

Start swaping **** around and lets see what it does. I dont claim to know any more about ICS than the next guy. But last time I put up a stock rooted ROM it turned into something very good for us all and I am hoping this one does too.

So put your thinking caps on and lets make something useful from this build :p

Reactions: andybones

b5fan

Jul 22, 2008
Scott, did you compare the 2 leaks. Just wondering if the .3 if really that different from the .1. maybe the leak cheated too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott, did you compare the 2 leaks. Just wondering if the .3 if really that different from the .1. maybe the leak cheated too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

No the leaks are truly different. Way different.... I will upload all the diffs to the OP so everyone can see what I saw. I think I have it in my DropBox... I think...

Scott

Ok, IN post #2 I have atttached a zip that contains the following...

Information when reading these files
Code:
Leak 1 = 4.0.1
Leak 2 = 4.0.3
CleanROM = Primary 4.0.1 (99% or so) with a couple files from 4.0.3
Newtroot ROM = Says 4.0.3

The file contains the following differnces
Leak 1 vs Leak 2
Leak 1 vs Newtroot ROM
Leak 2 vs Newtroot ROM
CleanROM vs Newtroot ROM.

As you can see, 4.0.3 is way different than anything ANYONE is using.

And once again this is not to bash anyone else's efforts it so help us get a REAL 4.0.3 build working.

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
4.0.3 AOSP apps don't work on this :confused: ... Example I copied over the Launcher2.apk from a gnex 4.0.3 build and it didn't load the launcher, but when i used the 4.0.1 one i have laying around it loaded it up just fine

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
What if you were to use the Rosie from this build and put it in 4.0.1. Think it would fix the annoying touchy homescreen?

Sent from a cellular telephone

The touch screen being overly sensitive isn't due to rosie. I use ADW and it is worse for the touchiness.

I believe the system is designed to register touch input separate from the apps and then the system reports to the apps what touch input it is reading.

So the issue is probably in the framework or kernel somewhere.

Could be wrong though.:D

Scott

The touch screen being overly sensitive isn't due to rosie. I use ADW and it is worse for the touchiness.

I believe the system is designed to register touch input separate from the apps and then the system reports to the apps what touch input it is reading.

So the issue is probably in the framework or kernel somewhere.

Could be wrong though.:D

IM not 100% sure how that works either but I am sure it the rosie has progrmable thresholds. The ole girl is a bit sensitive.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
You should go on to the sensation thread , they all have sense 3.6 100% stable. And they already got overclocking on ics, 7200 antutu scores. They apparently hexedited the kernel

I have a question. We can't overclock the kernel that is in the CleanRom ICS 2.1, SenselessRom ICS, Nils Business ICS, etc. at all? I have no frills installed and it lets me change the overclock. Is it actually doing nothing?

Scott

I have a question. We can't overclock the kernel that is in the CleanRom ICS 2.1, SenselessRom ICS, Nils Business ICS, etc. at all? I have no frills installed and it lets me change the overclock. Is it actually doing nothing?

Before posting ask yourself "Is this at all helping the development of ICS 4.0.3?"

Scott

I forgot to update this thread when I got the fixes going....

I have a fix for all the issues and this can now be used as a Daily Driver.

The download link is here: http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=94

You need the ROM, the boot.img and the fix file. You can flash the fix over top the ROM after you flash or you can integrate it into the ROM before you flash.

Thanks to Joelz for the audio libs that were broken in the original OTA. This was causing all the issues with the ROM.

The fix also replaces the Google Calander sync to resovle the FC with Google Cal. Thanks to QD2DC for this fix!

Enjoy guys!

shawn12350

Feb 1, 2011
San Diego
Hey Scott I don't know if I did something wrong but I have no root access after flashing this. I followed all the instructions and did a full wipe. I can't get super user permissions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Scott

Hey Scott I don't know if I did something wrong but I have no root access after flashing this. I followed all the instructions and did a full wipe. I can't get super user permissions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Yep, I need to update one more file... I just took my site off line so I will update it and post it here.

With 4.0.3 you NEED the latest binaries... Unlike 4.0.1 you cant HAVE the latest binaries. I forgot about that until I was fall asleep on the couch. Just wok up... Give me 5 minutes and I will update the fix and link it.

duced

Aug 31, 2010
Pensacola
Blue Tooth

I notice that there is still an issue with blue tooth on ICS. SMS readers that should play the message through blue tooth does not in ICS. Did not know if you where aware or was working on it.

Scott

I notice that there is still an issue with blue tooth on ICS. SMS readers that should play the message through blue tooth does not in ICS. Did not know if you where aware or was working on it.

Yeah, its pretty well known. Keep in mind this is a completely unsupported stock rooted ROM as it came from HTC. I just got it working as the official RUU does not function without the fixes noted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The download link is here: http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=94

You need the ROM, the boot.img and the fix file. You can flash the fix over top the ROM after you flash or you can integrate it into the ROM before you flash.

Thanks to Joelz for the audio libs that were broken in the original OTA. This was causing all the issues with the ROM.

The fix also replaces the Google Calander sync to resovle the FC with Google Cal. Thanks to QD2DC for this fix!

Enjoy guys!
    Ok, IN post #2 I have atttached a zip that contains the following...

Code:
    Leak 1 = 4.0.1
    Leak 2 = 4.0.3

Leak 1 vs Leak 2
    Leak 1 vs Newtroot ROM
    Leak 2 vs Newtroot ROM

And once again this is not to bash anyone else's efforts it so help us get a REAL 4.0.3 build working.

Before posting ask yourself "Is this at all helping the development of ICS 4.0.3?"

Enjoy guys!
    Attached to this post are the different files from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3 and the difference of Newtroot Infellabis 4.0.3 ROM compared to Leaked 4.0.1 and my ROM (4.0.1 Based) and compared to a the leaked 4.0.3

Code:
    Leak 1 = 4.0.1
    Leak 2 = 4.0.3
    Leak 1 vs Leak 2
    Leak 1 vs Newtroot ROM
    Leak 2 vs Newtroot ROM