New belkin keyboard for galaxy note 10.1

Search This thread

cubandevil

Dec 3, 2008
Guys today at work we got a galaxy Note 10.1 keyboard / case. At best buy 99.99.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361071633616.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361071633616.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 2,111
Reactions: imageisstyle

Bystorm

Sep 19, 2012
99.99? ouch.

Thanks though

There's a cheaper one thats a non-brand, and works as well. Just search for a bluetooth keyboard on Amazon. It's called the Vostrostone Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard, but really, there are comparable ones that are about the same quality without the big brand name.

scion676

Oct 8, 2007

Ok so here's my feedback after about a week or two of use.

- It's a solid keyboard case (not as good as the Zagg/Logitech cases I used to own when I had an iPad) but it's about 80% there in terms of build quality.

- the velcro holding the keyboard in place is a little on the flimsy side so a good knock could force the keyboard to disconnect, but it hasn't been a problem for me so far

- Using it in your lap on the couch can be a bit challenging as the tablet will sit at a pretty steep angle against the top of the keyboard and may fall backwards if you fidget too much. I was used to the hard keyboard lip in the case of the zaggfolio for the ipad which kept the ipad in place with significant fidgeting. Not a major issue though.

- Battery life on the keyboard is fine for 3 or so weeks if you use it every day for some typing

- the leather of the case feels a little cheap but again that's just me being picky

- Finally something very odd seems to have cropped up, and I'm correlating it to about the same time I started using the case. My gmail app will randomly crash (when I am in another app) and the tablet will freeze for 5 seconds and then give a popup window telling me that it crashed, I just click ok and carry on... but I don't remember ever having this issue before I got the case. I think it may somehow be correlated to the magnets in the case (to keep the little flap/clasp down when the tablet is being used) affecting the tablet somehow but I am not sure. I'll try to go a few days without it to see if it makes a difference but I'm getting quite used to it now!

All things begin said, this is definitely the best combo available for the Note 10.1 that I've found to date and I've scoured the internet for months.... I've also begged Zagg to make one but they aren't seeing enough interest to justify it yet.

-Scion

Reactions: imageisstyle

scion676

Oct 8, 2007
That would be extremely unlikely. It's probably due to a syncing issue between your tablet and Google's servers.

hmm.... I only jumped to that conclusion because I never noticed the problem in any real frequency before getting the case... I cleared cache in the app settings and I'm still having the issue. I was hoping I wouldn't have to clear data because it took a lot of time setting up my corp email (we use gmail) folders and settings.... but I may have to try that if this persists.

scion676

Oct 8, 2007
So I haven't correlated it to BT being on or off but perhaps it is related to the BT because I only noticed it when I started using the keyboard or when it interferes with watching a video (usually when I'm on the treadmill using a BT headset).... so perhaps it is tied to BT being on... I'll use the tablet for a while tomorrow with BT being off to see if that makes a difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys today at work we got a galaxy Note 10.1 keyboard / case. At best buy 99.99.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Ok so here's my feedback after about a week or two of use.

- It's a solid keyboard case (not as good as the Zagg/Logitech cases I used to own when I had an iPad) but it's about 80% there in terms of build quality.

- the velcro holding the keyboard in place is a little on the flimsy side so a good knock could force the keyboard to disconnect, but it hasn't been a problem for me so far

- Using it in your lap on the couch can be a bit challenging as the tablet will sit at a pretty steep angle against the top of the keyboard and may fall backwards if you fidget too much. I was used to the hard keyboard lip in the case of the zaggfolio for the ipad which kept the ipad in place with significant fidgeting. Not a major issue though.

- Battery life on the keyboard is fine for 3 or so weeks if you use it every day for some typing

- the leather of the case feels a little cheap but again that's just me being picky

- Finally something very odd seems to have cropped up, and I'm correlating it to about the same time I started using the case. My gmail app will randomly crash (when I am in another app) and the tablet will freeze for 5 seconds and then give a popup window telling me that it crashed, I just click ok and carry on... but I don't remember ever having this issue before I got the case. I think it may somehow be correlated to the magnets in the case (to keep the little flap/clasp down when the tablet is being used) affecting the tablet somehow but I am not sure. I'll try to go a few days without it to see if it makes a difference but I'm getting quite used to it now!

All things begin said, this is definitely the best combo available for the Note 10.1 that I've found to date and I've scoured the internet for months.... I've also begged Zagg to make one but they aren't seeing enough interest to justify it yet.

-Scion