[Q] Brand New Z1s screen issues

Search This thread

donciclon

Jul 27, 2012
I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more defects on subsequent phones?

Last edited:

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more more defects on subsequent phones?

Definitely get a replacement

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: donciclon

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?

Yes, I had that issue and I sent back to repair mine but they didn't fine such a issue and they scratched my phone everywhere. I solved after the FW .136 fixed the problem and I don't see the issue anymore. Sometime seem like it losing the touch but slightly. No problem at all when I gaming.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
I'm absolutely sure a malfunctioning column of pixels is a definite reason to exchange but I've read that the erratic touch responsiveness of the screen is a common issue with Z1 owners. Just out of curiosity, do you have any such issue?

I think everyone has that issue. Especially if you took off the ASF. It happens on mine sometimes, but just turning off and on the screen fixes it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought the Z1s about 2 days ago and have since then noticed that there is a column of pixels that appear faint going down the mid-left side of the screen. It can only be seen in very high brightness setting and is easier to spot on top of grays. Also I have the erratic touch issue i've been reading about where the screen doesn't properly register a continuous touch. Is it worth starting an exchange chain with tmobile or am i just more likely to get the same or more more defects on subsequent phones?

Definitely get a replacement

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    Get replacement NOW! :D