[Q] WinCE 4.2 gps device, access to windows files? (SOLVED)

Search This thread

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
Have Tevion gps device, wince 4.2, no usb port, just sd card. It have Igo8 software that loads automatically on boot. I managed to unlock device with some program and gain access to all win folders. Then, accidentally, I moved some important file from Flash Disk on internal memory and now device just boot to splash screen and nothing more. That file called Igolaunch.exe and I have it, just don't have access anymore to windows files to copy it on right place. Without that file device don't know what to do, and do nothing, just boot to splash image. The windows files, registry, are intact, just need to copy back Igolaunch.exe to it's original location. So, is there any way to gain access to win files again, like force load some explorer from sd card on boot, or something like that, just to copy back the file? Any other solution, some reset, maybe? Thanks.

Last edited:

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
YESSS! Success!

Thank you very much! This is just that I needed! Followed instructions and boot in explorer (desktop), copy-back the igolaunch.exe to it's original location and everything working again! Thanks again!

Last edited:

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014
Have Tevion gps device, wince 4.2, no usb port, just sd card. It have Igo8 software that loads automatically on boot. I managed to unlock device with some program and gain access to all win folders. Then, accidentally, I moved some important file from Flash Disk on internal memory and now device just boot to splash screen and nothing more. That file called Igolaunch.exe and I have it, just don't have access anymore to windows files to copy it on right place. Without that file device don't know what to do, and do nothing, just boot to splash image. The windows files, registry, are intact, just need to copy back Igolaunch.exe to it's original location. So, is there any way to gain access to win files again, like force load some explorer from sd card on boot, or something like that, just to copy back the file? Any other solution, some reset, maybe? Thanks.

Ive a Clarion NICE 7 GPS system with WinCE NET 4.2 core. Its running on their software. It have no menu,no taskbar,nothin ,but It have a USB port and no SD card slot. I need help with this , help me. I need help to get access to win files and folders. And is there any way to flash/crack/hack/root this device to Win CE 6 or something?:crying:

snebojsa

Apr 10, 2012
Belgrade
Did you try that what @jwoegerbauer said? With his software i was able to access files on device. Because you don't have sd card, try to connect device to pc and put files on internal storage.
For wince 6.0, think not.

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014
Did you try that what @jwoegerbauer said? With his software i was able to access files on device. Because you don't have sd card, try to connect device to pc and put files on internal storage.
For wince 6.0, think not.

Hey,

i didnt find any link to the software u r talking about. where to find it?

and if it didnt work, any other method to install WinCE 6 or android to this device(running CE 4.2) ?:confused:
plz help:crying::crying:

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014
Go to the link he posted, register on site and you will see the link.

This is how my menu displays and i want to change it into CE6 ! but the software (in link) is not working

need help :crying::crying:

Attachments

• FormatFactoryWP_20140615_15_55_40_Pro.jpg
    FormatFactoryWP_20140615_15_55_40_Pro.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,366
Last edited:

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014
Help

hey,

now i got a china gps (MSUR S430) , and i think the software was deleted. i dont know. its showing
"The storage flash has no invalid data,
now formate it and program it through SD/MMC card

detecting SD/MMC card.... not found "

Only showing this. after inserting blank SD/MMC its showing MSUR and stuck at that .Is there any way to reset it or insert a new software?

this is my only device i have.
please help. need help

Attachments

• FormatFactoryWP_20140624_002.jpg
    FormatFactoryWP_20140624_002.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 619
  • FormatFactoryWP_20140624_22_26_04_Pro.jpg
    FormatFactoryWP_20140624_22_26_04_Pro.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1890170

MSUR S430

A quick internet search using Bing resulted in

>>>>>>>>>>>> Chinese text

版本号:1.0

地图大小:10M

适用机型:4.3寸~5寸导航等无机身内存机型(480×272)

使用说明:

1、下程序包: 点击此处下载,下载Shell.ini:点击此处下载

2、下载到的程序包为RAR文件压缩包,请先在电脑进行解压缩

3、将解压后的“名讯科技”文件夹和“Shell.ini”复制到储存卡

4、点击主界面“导航”图标,能出现上图代表成功,接下来只需要复制相应地图到储存卡中即可

如果无效请再进行下列步骤:

1、打开导航仪进入“设置”,然后选“GPS导航路径”设置,点击中间按钮进入设置,依次双击选择 sdmmc --> 名讯科技 --> MSUR.EXE;然后保存设置(右上角“方形”的图标)

2、点击主界面“导航”图标,出现上图代表成功,接下来只需要复制相应地图到储存卡即可

>>>>>>>>>>>> Translated to English:

Version number: 1.0

Map size: 10M

For use on: 4.3 inch ~5 inch navigation without fuselage memory models (480x272)

Instructions for use:

1, under the package: click here to download, download Shell.ini: click here to download

2, download the RAR file cabinet for the package, first in the computer to extract

3, after extraction of the "information technology" folder and the "Shell.ini" copy to memory card

4, click on the main interface of "navigation" icon will appear above represent success, then only need to copy the corresponding map to the storage card can be

If that doesn't work, please do the following steps:

1, open the Navigator to enter "settings", then select "GPS navigation path" setting, click on the middle button to enter the Setup, double-click Select sdmmc technology--> MSUR-->. EXE and then save settings (top right corner "square" icon)

2, click on the main interface of "navigation" icon represents a success appear, then just copy the appropriate map to memory card

>>>>>>>>>>>> Resume

What I suspect is, that your unit expects a file named shell.ini in root of SD-card is present - with which the MSUR S430 indeed gets and/or can be steered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bellu1911

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014

使用说明:

如果无效请再进行下列步骤:

1、打开导航仪进入“设置”,然后选“GPS导航路径”设置,点击中间按钮进入设置,依次双击选择 sdmmc --> 名讯科技 --> MSUR.EXE;然后保存设置(右上角“方形”的图标)

For use on: 4.3 inch ~5 inch navigation without fuselage memory models (480x272)

Instructions for use:

1, under the package: click here to download, download Shell.ini: click here to download

2, download the RAR file cabinet for the package, first in the computer to extract

3, after extraction of the "information technology" folder and the "Shell.ini" copy to memory card

4, click on the main interface of "navigation" icon will appear above represent success, then only need to copy the corresponding map to the storage card can be

1, open the Navigator to enter "settings", then select "GPS navigation path" setting, click on the middle button to enter the Setup, double-click Select sdmmc technology--> MSUR-->. EXE and then save settings (top right corner "square" icon)

2, click on the main interface of "navigation" icon represents a success appear, then just copy the appropriate map to memory card

>>>>>>>>>>>> Resume

What I suspect is, that your unit expects a file named shell.ini in root of SD-card is present - with which the MSUR S430 indeed gets and/or can be steered.

Thanks for the reply. I understand everything.

But only problem is How and where o download this (above mentioned) cab file and shell.ini file ? how did u find suggestions about MSUR S430?

waiting for ur reply

bellu1911

Jun 14, 2014
Is there any chance that i can boot wince 4.2 or 5 in this device? Looks like its bricked. Is itpossible to installcustom firmware like miopocket or tomtom or navigator etc? Or just plain win CE ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Try this: http://www.austech.info/gps/84958-gps-ce-6-0-rescue-disk.html

Note: You must register with Austech to see the download link.
    First you wrote that you need help to get access to win files and folders, that software enable you to do that.
    If you want to change appearance and gps software that device is using, you need to unlock device. There is a lot of tutorials how to do that, just google it. For example, you can try this:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/other-device-unlock/5844-how-unlock-any-gps-wce-4-2-5-6-a.html
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    MSUR S430

使用说明:

如果无效请再进行下列步骤:

Instructions for use:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Resume