[ROM] [2012/07/18] AOKP Milestone 6 [unofficial]

Search This thread

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
Hi!

I wanted a 'stock' AOKP Build and couldn't find so I tried and built one...

Thanks to LorDClockaN (IceColdAOKP) for the device specific files and the vendor setup for AOKP.

So you get a pure AOKP synced with the latest AOKP changes with device specific fixes for the One X.

Changelog
same as AOKP - plus:
- Fixed Black-Screen on rotation
- Fixed button timeout (fix by tbalden)

2012/07/18
- Fixed some issues with Camera/Videorecording

I want to keep the main packages the same as in AOKP and just integrate device specific fixes - so no added features

Installation
  1. Flash ROM
  2. Flash GApps
  3. Reboot into fastboot
  4. Flash boot.img via fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
  5. Reboot

Bonus: No wipe required when you are currently on IceColdAOKP ;-)

Downloads
Download (in sync with AOKP Milestone 6)
GApps can be found here
Sources and Changes/Commits can be found here

I recommend flashing the GPS tweak from here

Last edited:

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Not being funny here and apologies if you think i am having a dig but you need to write abit more info on what you are sharing here...first you can give us even a tiny changelog please and if so as well few screenshots....

cause you are sharing something in the development section so as far as i know you can be sharing anything...so it is for the benefit of us the users who want to download this and also for the safety of your back so at least you showed the user what they are actually flashing on there phones...

and welcome it is always nice to have more roms but if you can add the above to the OP you will be good to go and hoping for more AOKP magic

Reactions: magic_android

karoodee

Aug 10, 2010
Not being funny here and apologies if you think i am having a dig but you need to write abit more info on what you are sharing here...first you can give us even a tiny changelog please and if so as well few screenshots....

cause you are sharing something in the development section so as far as i know you can be sharing anything...so it is for the benefit of us the users who want to download this and also for the safety of your back so at least you showed the user what they are actually flashing on there phones...

and welcome it is always nice to have more roms but if you can add the above to the OP you will be good to go and hoping for more AOKP magic

Hey there!

Updated the Post and added more info. Are screenshots madatory? The ROM looks exactly like any other AOKP 0_o If I have to I will add some... :)

gani_d

Feb 13, 2007
Not discouraging development but man, I really really wish people would work together and come up with - in the very least - an "official" AOSP/AOKP XDA ROM. Not CM9, not Trip's (no offense Trip) not any other variant.

Just get together and work on fixes together. These AOKP ROMs all over the place are confusing a lot of people. :(

As there are lot of AOKP roms so are Sense ROMs like ARHD, Viper etc. Why dont you ask them to work together also instead of just singling out AOKP?

No offense just suggesting.

Reactions: MOEHEET

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
Hi!

Thanks to LorDClockaN (IceColdAOKP) for the device specific files and the vendor setup for AOKP.

So you get a pure AOKP synced with the latest AOKP changes with device specific fixes for the One X.

Changelog
same as AOKP - plus:

I want to keep the main packages the same as in AOKP and just integrate device specific fixes - so no added features

Installation
  1. Flash ROM
  2. Flash GApps
  3. Reboot into fastboot
  5. Reboot

Downloads
GApps can be found here

First one to hit thanks ;) Nice work, will try it out

Sent from my HTC One X

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
As there are lot of AOKP roms so are Sense ROMs like ARHD, Viper etc. Why dont you ask them to work together also instead of just singling out AOKP?

He did, he said AOKP/AOSP, CM9 is covered under AOSP, and AOKP is just a derivative of CM9 anyway, building AOKP isn't any different than CM9 as the device specific stuff is the same.

The (seemingly) most efficient solution would be for everyone wishing to develop for an AOSP-based ROM to join tbalden and mdeejay in their TeamNDVRu organisation on GitHub.

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com

That wouldn't work, since they are in a way competing and all have different stuff, some are stock, but fast, some are based on leaked bases, some are totally customizable (LeeDrOiD and ViperX) etc., but CM9 is... well, CM9, so it actually makes *sense* (pun intended xP) to work on one rom

Sent from my HTC One X

Quiksilver78

Jul 28, 2010
Czech Republic

Apples and Oranges.

Sense ROMs are based off HTC's official release. There is no such official release from Google for the HTC One X unfortunately. So until that happens, I just wish everyone could band together and release a pure AOSP ROM and THEN have developers apply their tweaks to their hearts' content, kanging the hell out of the AOSP build until they're blue in the face.

So far, these AOKP releases are like a virus. They all attach to one device tree, bugs and all, and virtually release the same (seemingly) ROM. When someone squashes a bug, they all copy it. It's just redundant work that could be channeled towards finishing one master build rather than having multiple ones floating around.

To give some food for thought, this is like having the CyanogenMod developers working individually to release their own version of CM9 or CM10.

Apologies for derailing this thread.

Reactions: karoodee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not discouraging development but man, I really really wish people would work together and come up with - in the very least - an "official" AOSP/AOKP XDA ROM. Not CM9, not Trip's (no offense Trip) not any other variant.

Just get together and work on fixes together. These AOKP ROMs all over the place are confusing a lot of people. :(
    Hi!

Changelog
    same as AOKP - plus:

2012/07/18
    - Fixed some issues with Camera/Videorecording

Installation
    1. Flash ROM
    2. Flash GApps
    3. Reboot into fastboot
    5. Reboot

Downloads
    GApps can be found here

But icedcold is pure aokp? What makes this different?

IceCold has some features added that are not (or at least not now) in AOKP - like profiles for example...