Give me a hand will ya?

Search This thread

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
Looks right. I have an i747m, not the i747.

Ok lastly I need help with the backup.

I restored after flashing the rom and then it went back to the other rom apparently and all how it was.

How can I restore and be in the new rom?

Or how do you work this out so you don't have to start installing all over again?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Ok lastly I need help with the backup.

I restored after flashing the rom and then it went back to the other rom apparently and all how it was.

How can I restore and be in the new rom?

Or how do you work this out so you don't have to start installing all over again?

The best thing is to install the new ROM, create a backup in TWRP, restore your old ROM.

Reactions: Harkadenn

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
The best thing is to install the new ROM, create a backup in TWRP, restore your old ROM.

Ok I can't follow how you telling me to instal the new rom and then back up new rom and restore again?

Not sure I follow man.

It's now running on new ROM and all is new, no contacts or anything of course.

So I do a back up now and restore from that back up?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Ok I can't follow how you telling me to instal the new rom and then back up new rom and restore again?

Not sure I follow man.

It's now running on new ROM and all is new, no contacts or anything of course.

So I do a back up now and restore from that back up?

This is what I do: install new rom, set it up completely with emails, contacts, etc. , boot into TWRP, create a backup.

Reactions: Harkadenn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you're running a custom rom, you could update your recovery to the latest CWM or TWRP and flash a different or updated rom.
    What custom recovery are you running? The first thing would be to get the latest img for your custom recovery and install it.

How did you root and install a custom recovery on your phone?
    Ok next is to find a nice rom, Any suggestions? (S3rx or SlimBean) keep in mind my device is an i747
    Also do I use my computer to download the rom or should I use my phone directly?

I decided to go with Hyperdrive RLS16
    Currently downloading it.

Will be flashing soon.

You can download it directly to your computer and use Windows Explorer to copy it to a microSD card or directly to your phone. It's probably quicker to download a few to your computer and transfer them all at once so you can try different ones.

Have fun flashing ROMs.
    Do not extract the files. Just flash the zip.
    Looks right. I have an i747m, not the i747.