Widgets for Androkkid

Search This thread

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
When you select a contact in iContact, you have a number of buttons at the bottom of the screen. The last one is "Create shortcut". This will create a shortcut to the iContact screen you're in. When you put the shortcut on an Androkkid page and click it, you'll see the contact information with phone numbers, and "sms" next to the phone number. Clicking on the phone number will initiate a call, clicking on "sms" will launch the SMS application with the contact already filled in as recipient.
Note: the shortcut is created in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs with the contact's lastname, firstname. In Androkkid you can then change the icon by replacing it by a picture.

Nice idea. And I'm thinking that, with the right file manager, those could be moved to their own memory card folder so it'd be easier to maintain in case of disaster.

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
WMD agenda/tasks are looking very nice.

New request for WMD Tasks:
* showUndatedTasks=<yes|no> - I have a bunch of undated tasks that in the past were my very low priority list of things to do. I don't want them to show on my androkkid/"today" screen. WMDTasks seems to be showing these undated tasks rather than more important tasks with due date in the next few days. Or maybe we just need a couple sort options...
*sortOrderOne=<priority|duedate>
*sortOrderTwo=<priority|duedate>

I know, I should get some of these tasks off my list so I don't need a complex way to sort them ;-)

I modified the coquette background to height off 300, so I can nicely get wmd-agenda and wmd-tasks on one QVGA screen using that skin.

Attachments

• background.png
    background.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
wmdirk,

In some of your spare time :)

Would it be hard to create a widget that displays a text string from the registry with once per sec or so refresh? There is a status line mortscript that shows misc information pulled from various registry settings. And I have something similar (from my rltoday days) to show info like missed call name/number, next appt, or if battery is low, or current song playing in mortplayer, etc...

Seems like it would be pretty easy compared to everything you have going with agenda/tasks :) I've been wanting to attempt this myself but had trouble building with the SharpDevelop tool (can't find the compactframework files) and I haven't had time to figure it out. Now it shows...
"This project requires .NET Compact Framework v3.5, which is not installed on this machine."
But I had a more detailed error last time I tried it which pointed to some missing file.

Another similar idea would be to use the registry value to pick an image/icon to display. This could make a reusable/generic bluetooth/wifi indicator icon widget. If registry values are 0,1,2, the "skin" would just have file images named 0.png, 1.png,2.png which would be displayed.

Anyway..... Thanks in advance for your consideration.

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Here's LilCoquette for WMD-Tasks & a screenshot. I removed a couple of unneeded appointment settings in settings text. The background is the only thing that changed in the graphics & that was via a little math, then rescaling in Gimp for Windows.

Attachments

• bk-agtask2.jpg
    bk-agtask2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 79
  • LilCoquette.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 28

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
Here's LilCoquette for WMD-Tasks & a screenshot. I removed a couple of unneeded appointment settings in settings text. The background is the only thing that changed in the graphics & that was via a little math, then rescaling in Gimp for Windows.
That looks awesome on a high res display!!! I need a new phone :)

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Radar Script

Here is a MortScript I put together that downloads and displays an animated radar from Accuweather. It's extremely rough around the edges (no real error handling), but it works. This is actually a dumbed down version of the Goraps mortscript. I created this to have a radar accompany Goraps weather widgit.

All you need to do to use it is change three variables in the script:

"viewer" - Set this to your image viewer, or just leave it as is for "Pictures and Videos"

"radarlink" - Set this to the address where the image you want to download resides.

"imagefile" - Set this to the destination and filename of the downloaded image. By default it just drops an image file in the root of your storage card.

Here's what it does:
1. Connect to internet.
2. Download a picture file and save to card.
3. Open a photo viewer and display picture.

"Pictures and Videos" displays animated gifs so you can have it download an animated radar - yay!

Feel free to improve it, my MortScripting stinks!

Attachments

• Radar.mscr.txt
    890 bytes · Views: 410

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
wmdirk,

In some of your spare time :)

Would it be hard to create a widget that displays a text string from the registry with once per sec or so refresh? There is a status line mortscript that shows misc information pulled from various registry settings. And I have something similar (from my rltoday days) to show info like missed call name/number, next appt, or if battery is low, or current song playing in mortplayer, etc...

Seems like it would be pretty easy compared to everything you have going with agenda/tasks :) I've been wanting to attempt this myself but had trouble building with the SharpDevelop tool (can't find the compactframework files) and I haven't had time to figure it out. Now it shows...
"This project requires .NET Compact Framework v3.5, which is not installed on this machine."
But I had a more detailed error last time I tried it which pointed to some missing file.

Another similar idea would be to use the registry value to pick an image/icon to display. This could make a reusable/generic bluetooth/wifi indicator icon widget. If registry values are 0,1,2, the "skin" would just have file images named 0.png, 1.png,2.png which would be displayed.

Anyway..... Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Do you know where in the registry the information is located? What do I need to install to try it out?

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
I created a small calculator widget, which actually serves as an example for the WMDAndrokkidLib for developers. The widget contains the lib (which is also used by WMD-Tasks and can be put in the Androkkid main folder (where the exe is located) to be shared by these applications).
It's rather basic and I haven't really put much work in the graphics yet, but if you're interested, you can find it on my site.

The next one will be WMD-Clock+ :)

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
Do you know where in the registry the information is located? What do I need to install to try it out?

This is the mortscript I was referring to (it has gotten rather large it looks like)...
-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=574557
-Looks like it stores the info in HKCU/Software/My_Utilities

Some mortscripts used the cellular carrier to display info like this...
-RegWriteString ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", status)

Having a setting for the registry location to read the string from would be nice :)
-RegEntryToRead=HKCU\Software\My_Utilities
-RegEntryToRead=HKCU\Software\myscripts\status
-RegEntryToRead=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ril\CarrierName

Here is a simplified and UNTESTED script along the lines of what I'd like to do...
Code:
While (1)
  missedcalls=RegRead("HKCU", "\System\State\Phone\", "Missed Call Count")
  If (missedcalls>0)
     caller=RegRead("HKLM", "\System\State\Phone\", "Last Incoming Caller Name")
     statusline="Missed Call from " & caller
  Else  
    nextappt=regRead ("HKCU","System\State\Appointments\HomeScreen","Subject")
    nextappttime="1:00"  ### there is a subroutine for this
    statusline="Next appt at " & nextappttime &" - " mextappt
  Endif
  RegWriteString("HKCU", "\Software\myscripts\", "status", statusline)

Sleep (1000)
EndWhile

The widget ini file would identify the registry to read from...
RegEntryToRead=HKCU\Software\myscripts\status

Then the widget would just monitor the registry and show the text string

:)

chumpster

Dec 23, 2006
California
wmdirk -

For the WMD adgenda, did you put any sort of coding so that a user can figure out what version they are running? I lost track of which version I am running (I am not sure if I am running v2.1 or v2.2).

If not, can I suggest this for future updates (it works well right now, so I am not sure if you are planning future updates or not). Thanks.

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
That looks awesome on a high res display!!! I need a new phone :)

Thanks. I had a Treo Pro before I got the Tilt2. Everything will pretty much scale down, but they might still be large enough that both might not comfortably fit on a lower resolution screen page. Being "a little more mature" than some here, my eyes appreciate the larger screen. :rolleyes:

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
I created a small calculator widget, which actually serves as an example for the WMDAndrokkidLib for developers. The widget contains the lib (which is also used by WMD-Tasks and can be put in the Androkkid main folder (where the exe is located) to be shared by these applications).
It's rather basic and I haven't really put much work in the graphics yet, but if you're interested, you can find it on my site.

The next one will be WMD-Clock+ :)

wmdirk
I am getting an error on loading the Calc Widget

Adnrokkid.exe
NullReference Exception

at
AndrokkidLibrary.MyIcon.LoadWidget(String Link, String LinkArgs)
at
AndrokkidLibrary.MyIcon.ctor(String Name, String Type, String Image, String Link, String LinkArg, Boolean OpenAnimation, Color OpenAnimationClor, Boolean Blocked,Int32 Page, Rectangle Position)
and so on

jerrya

Oct 20, 2009
Maple Valley
Someone help! I downloaded and installed WMDAgenda, and then proceeded to install GORAPS weather. I did everything that the forum said to do regarding changing the two parameters, and I get an error that freezes my system. Details are huge! So what am I doing wrong? I would love to make this work! I am using WM5 on an iPaq HX2400 series PDA. Removing GORAPS fixes it, so I know thats the issue.

chumpster

Dec 23, 2006
California
Someone help! I downloaded and installed WMDAgenda, and then proceeded to install GORAPS weather. I did everything that the forum said to do regarding changing the two parameters, and I get an error that freezes my system. Details are huge! So what am I doing wrong? I would love to make this work! I am using WM5 on an iPaq HX2400 series PDA. Removing GORAPS fixes it, so I know thats the issue.

I am not an expert, but like yourself, I went through this. Did you install Mortscript and did you click on the GorapsWeatherr.mscr file in file explorer? You need to click on it for it to write to your registry.

chumpster

Dec 23, 2006
California
Here is a new version of hgWeather, source files included.

hgWeather 0.2

I finally found some time to try this widget. Let me say that it works well. What I like the most is that your widget allows me to have multiple copies up and each having a different city; that was something I really wanted. Your web site says you are working on improvements; I will be looking forward to those. Thank you very much.

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
I am not an expert, but like yourself, I went through this. Did you install Mortscript and did you click on the GorapsWeatherr.mscr file in file explorer? You need to click on it for it to write to your registry.

chumpster
I am having the same problem. Installed the mortscript and click on the file in explorer and it does nothing ie i get no feed back to know if it worked. when i add the widget it crashes. any ideas?

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD

chumpster

Dec 23, 2006
California
chumpster
I am having the same problem. Installed the mortscript and click on the file in explorer and it does nothing ie i get no feed back to know if it worked. when i add the widget it crashes. any ideas?

Only thing I can tell you is that if you check your registry, you should find
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Goraps/GorapsWeather

All I can tell you is that when I click (or double click) on the file, I did not get any feedback either. But when I check my registry later, I saw the register change.