[App] Smart Taskbar V1.0 - Access any app in one click

Search This thread

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Download from Android Market: Smart Taskbar (Free download)
or
With QR barcode
qr.png

Since the initial release on Aug 2010 as the first one click instant access app and its super unique always available design , Smart Taskbar has became the origin of several similar one click instant access app in Android Market today. Today, after more than 6 month of beta testing, I am proud to announce that Smart Taskbar is finally going to V1.0.0 stage. V1.0.0 is more stable, faster, more feature packed and also more visually appealing than its previous - beta testing product.

Smart Taskbar is a - super launcher, task switcher, an app organizer, shortcut manager, and widget viewer that you can quickly call up on any window by swipe the edge of screen or by clicking a transparent trigger icon on screen. In most cases, you can complete app launching in 2 finger clicks (1st swipe, and 2nd click on app icon to launch). Possibly the fastest way to quickly launch or switch between applications.

If you want to use your phone one handed with complete touch screen experience, you find Android takes too many steps to complete one simple job, or you want to get a faster way to get things organized, get Smart Taskbar to make your like easier.

Smart Taskbar comes with following features
(1) 5 speedy launch spots for 2 steps quick launch
(2) App organizer function built in
(3) Task switch
(4) super speedy launcher
(5) Software home button (To prevent H/W home button from tear and wear)
(6) True multitask experience!
(7) Able to build your own custom action to launch

Reason why to use Smart Taskbar:
(1) Free up your home screen for more widgets instead of app shortcuts
(2) A better way to organize app in to groups
(3) Need a super fast way to launch your app
(4) Missing the multi tasking in Palm Pre
(5) Don't want to press hardware button too frequently

[Screenshots]
1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png
5.png
6.png

Get Smart Taskbar by searching 'Smart Taskbar' in Android Market.

Last edited:

fanfan-liu

Aug 27, 2010
great app

thanks for posting this good app, it is so greate and useful that i use it every time when i use my phone. :p
i like the quick luanch function most, hereever i am, it is easy and quick to switch to another app.
also i can organized all my apps by different lables. then i can catch it easily by related lable.
of cource it goes smooth on my phone and till now, i have not found any defect to remove it.

my pleasure to share it with everyone.

hyatari

Apr 2, 2010
Nice app. Uses a good amount of cpu tho and the visuals could use a bit of polish but definitely effective. Looking forward to see it develop.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Hi,
CPU usage if Smart taskbar should be no different than regualr Android app. You are seeing high CPU occupation because you do a lot of scroll in app list. Try yourself and scroll grid list in other app such as gallery and you will see similar CPU usage.

Reactions: gprash

c_man

May 3, 2010
London, UK
Since getting my Legend over 4 months ago I've been looking for something like this.

This seems to fit the bill, I will be sure to check it out! Just hope the CPU related comments are as per the OP's response ^.

EDIT: Oops, not what I thought it was. I thought this would 'pin' certain apps to the notification area for quick access.

Last edited:

hyatari

Apr 2, 2010
Yes, you are correct the scrolling taxes cpu on any app so that is fair enough. I would like to see widgets integrated somehow similar to the way power strip does and I would use this exclusively for sure.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Since getting my Legend over 4 months ago I've been looking for something like this.

This seems to fit the bill, I will be sure to check it out! Just hope the CPU related comments are as per the OP's response ^.

EDIT: Oops, not what I thought it was. I thought this would 'pin' certain apps to the notification area for quick access.

It is truly a personal preference question. But notification doesn't show up in full screen app. In this case, u can't access to quick launcher. In addition, u need to (1) expand notification bar, (2) click on notification item, (3) click on the item u wish to launch. It is 3 steps. Anyway, just like i said, it is pure personal preference question. Hope you can find it useful eventually. :)

Downy

Feb 7, 2009
Wow, works great and is just great!! This is definitly a Must-have app!

Last edited:

FuryriderX

Aug 11, 2010
Stoney Creek, ON
Looks like it would work great - but DOES NOT scale, if you've changed your LCD density. The click button to slide it out shows in the middle of the screen!

If the scaling issue gets resolved, it would be fantastic. In the meantime, it's very difficult to use it if you've changed the LCD density.

EDIT: Found it using an american ID on market-enabler, looks like its still in some of the english ones.

Last edited:

alovell83

Jun 29, 2010
Lippstadt
I like this overall, but I do think it has a few weaknesses.

First, app scrolling is very slow, I'm used to fast scrolling in my device whether it's LauncherPro or Touchwiz. I'd be willing to deal with cached icons or anything else for a short term fix. (Korean Galaxy S, SHW-m110s)

Second, while in the app I can't use my home button, which means, if I want to use home button to get home I can't. It also means I lose access to QuickDesk while in your app.

Overall, I'd recommend this, especially to those who don't use something like QD. Still, this has a more complete experience than QD so that's a definite plus over it, but QD has a real speed advantage as well as it's where I put power control widget for it's easy access within apps. I could see using this heavily with faster speed, even still due it's customizations that I haven't yet utlized it's probably better than I've already stated. Thanks for the good work, Dev, looking forward to more!

Leryan

Sep 7, 2008
Riga
Strange, but I stuck on how to use screen... :(
Can get to the settings screen.
Device: HTC Polaris, resolution 320x240

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Strange, but I stuck on how to use screen... :(
Can get to the settings screen.
Device: HTC Polaris, resolution 320x240

Same here. I can hit the 'open' button, but if I press the settings icon...it goes to the 'how to use' screen with the blue hand on it. The only thing I can do from there is open the dock...which works...but I would really like to access the settings menu. I am keeping the .apk, but have uninstalled as of now for failure to access settings.

Last edited:

alovell83

Jun 29, 2010
Lippstadt
Same here. I can hit the 'open' button, but if I press the settings icon...it goes to the 'how to use' screen with the blue hand on it. The only thing I can do from there is open the dock...which works...but I would really like to access the settings menu. I am keeping the .apk, but have uninstalled as of now for failure to access settings.

I initially had the same problem. I think you have to click "dismiss", then after that, access settings from within the main screen of the app (it might've been from hitting the menu button, but I don't think that was my method, though they probably do the same). There are only 2 settings in the "settings" menu though. Other settings/customizations will be found within the app itself, such as pinning most common favorite apps to your easy to launch area.

I'll edit if the developer corrects me on anything, I only played around with it for about 15 minutes.

alovell83

Jun 29, 2010
Lippstadt
Like I said, I basically like the app, however, I encountered a big problem with it in the past 12 hours since my original post. My "Android OS" usage shot through the roof when I was asleep. I'm a guy who, at least when at home and definitely when asleep, doesn't use 3G, so I leave it off. Also, I don't use sync, so my Android OS is typically very low 2-4% and I get insane standby time in my Galaxy S, 1-2% drain in a typical night. Last night, I probably drained at least 30% but I think closer to 40%. Something is going on with the app that doesn't let my phone stay in standby mode.

Then this morning, I was very tired, so perhaps I slept through my smart alarm (it's somewhat quiet, though not very, and it'd only be the 2nd time and the first time the speaker was blocked). I was surprised when I was woken up by a backup alarm on my phone, so most functionality definitely remained. But then, 15 minutes later, my last resort alarm didn't go off, and I was monitoring the phone a bit to make sure it would. Right after it was supposed to another (very stable app, not to be named) force closed for maybe the 2nd time in it's life on me (no update in at least a week). Right after that, my power button wouldn't function to turn my screen off, it still brought up options to do things like Airplane mode, power off, etc, but touch to turn screen off doesn't work (and I leave my timer off).

I think updated I'll really like this app, plenty of potential here, but I have to uninstall. Thanks though.

• Battery life issues (less phone sleep/standby)
  • Seemed to cause conflict with another app, but it could've been coincidence
  • Slow app scrolling

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Like I said, I basically like the app, however, I encountered a big problem with it in the past 12 hours since my original post. My "Android OS" usage shot through the roof when I was asleep. I'm a guy who, at least when at home and definitely when asleep, doesn't use 3G, so I leave it off. Also, I don't use sync, so my Android OS is typically very low 2-4% and I get insane standby time in my Galaxy S, 1-2% drain in a typical night. Last night, I probably drained at least 30% but I think closer to 40%. Something is going on with the app that doesn't let my phone stay in standby mode.

Then this morning, I was very tired, so perhaps I slept through my smart alarm (it's somewhat quiet, though not very, and it'd only be the 2nd time and the first time the speaker was blocked). I was surprised when I was woken up by a backup alarm on my phone, so most functionality definitely remained. But then, 15 minutes later, my last resort alarm didn't go off, and I was monitoring the phone a bit to make sure it would. Right after it was supposed to another (very stable app, not to be named) force closed for maybe the 2nd time in it's life on me (no update in at least a week). Right after that, my power button wouldn't function to turn my screen off, it still brought up options to do things like Airplane mode, power off, etc, but touch to turn screen off doesn't work (and I leave my timer off).

I think updated I'll really like this app, plenty of potential here, but I have to uninstall. Thanks though.

• Battery life issues (less phone sleep/standby)
  • Seemed to cause conflict with another app, but it could've been coincidence
  • Slow app scrolling

Hi,
I am developing on Galaxy too. Your phone lock up issue is basically caused by smart Alarm. when it happens, Smart Alarm doesn't make any sound, CPU usage of Smart alarm goes to 60-80%. At same time, my phone gets so hot like 40-50 'c. I am very sure this will happen to you even after uninstalling Smart Taskbar. Not using Smart Alarm is the only way to solve it. I am not sure is it fixed in later firmware release. In addition, my app doesn't use any wake lock. Therefore it doesn't block your phone from going to standby.

For battery life issue, I have used SystemPanel to monitor one week CPU time usage of my app, basically it uses less than 0.1% overall. Therefore, should have very very small battery drain.

For slow scroll, I do use cached app list. Launcher Pro is simply too great. Nothing can compare to its super smooth scrolling so far. But I think my app performs on par with standard launcher :)

By the way, are u using Galaxy S or the old 7500 Galaxy?

Last edited:

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com

Hello,
I am not sure is it a bug but plz make sure you click the dismiss button. I think a reboot can solve it if pressing dismiss can't fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download from Android Market: Smart Taskbar (Free download)
    or
    With QR barcode
    qr.png

Since the initial release on Aug 2010 as the first one click instant access app and its super unique always available design , Smart Taskbar has became the origin of several similar one click instant access app in Android Market today. Today, after more than 6 month of beta testing, I am proud to announce that Smart Taskbar is finally going to V1.0.0 stage. V1.0.0 is more stable, faster, more feature packed and also more visually appealing than its previous - beta testing product.

Smart Taskbar is a - super launcher, task switcher, an app organizer, shortcut manager, and widget viewer that you can quickly call up on any window by swipe the edge of screen or by clicking a transparent trigger icon on screen. In most cases, you can complete app launching in 2 finger clicks (1st swipe, and 2nd click on app icon to launch). Possibly the fastest way to quickly launch or switch between applications.

If you want to use your phone one handed with complete touch screen experience, you find Android takes too many steps to complete one simple job, or you want to get a faster way to get things organized, get Smart Taskbar to make your like easier.

Smart Taskbar comes with following features
    (1) 5 speedy launch spots for 2 steps quick launch
    (2) App organizer function built in
    (3) Task switch
    (4) super speedy launcher
    (5) Software home button (To prevent H/W home button from tear and wear)
    (6) True multitask experience!
    (7) Able to build your own custom action to launch

Reason why to use Smart Taskbar:
    (1) Free up your home screen for more widgets instead of app shortcuts
    (2) A better way to organize app in to groups
    (3) Need a super fast way to launch your app
    (4) Missing the multi tasking in Palm Pre
    (5) Don't want to press hardware button too frequently

[Screenshots]
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png

4.png
    5.png
    6.png

Get Smart Taskbar by searching 'Smart Taskbar' in Android Market.
    Hi,
    CPU usage if Smart taskbar should be no different than regualr Android app. You are seeing high CPU occupation because you do a lot of scroll in app list. Try yourself and scroll grid list in other app such as gallery and you will see similar CPU usage.
    Would be possible to do compatible the Smart Taskbar labels with Folder Organizer labels.
    I'm using Folder Organizer for time ago and I have configured my apps with its labels. Would be nice to take advantage of this configuration. I know other apps like Titanium Backup have this possibility (it can use the Folder Organizer labels).

I installed Titanium Backup few days ago as soon as I read your post. Can you teach me where is the option for folder organizer back up?