[ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39 AOSP] Eos 4.0 -- Wingray

Search This thread

teameos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2011
EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
NX Gesture Navigation Bar
Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
Softkeys Long-Press Actions
Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
Resize Navigation Bar
Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
EOS Status Bar Toggles
Status Bar Color
Battery Indicator Mods
Clock Mods
T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
Disable/Enable CRT Animation
Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
Performance Settings
Advanced power menu with reboot options.
Eos Control Center
MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
Code:
Phone: for T9 dialer support
MMS
T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
Code:
libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
Contribute
Gerrit Review
Gitweb for GPL compliance

Last edited:

patass

Feb 21, 2009
I'm also submitting a legitimate bug, but I want to know if this is a just me thing - I go to set the clock to 1000/1700 lagfree, and I just can't change anything. I'll select a min freq, and it will just stay at 200. I select a max freq, and it will change it to whatever I set it to (at least it says it does). I select a governor, and it doesnt change. If I check off the set at boot option, it will show the options I just selected as the boot settings, but it doesnt actually apply them.

That said, this is one of the faster JB roms I've used, so it's not too too bad, but still. My xoom's showing it's age, especially next to my Gnex and Nexus 7.

alex94kumar

Feb 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Yes!!

Here are some bugs i'm experiencing on 156:

-switching to photosphere camera causes Gallery to stop
-pressing the photosphere button on a photo in the gallery causes Google Play Services to stop
-as stated by BRD previously, the stock keyboard will have problems; it has for me, crashing a lot.

if i run into any more, i'll post them here. Anyone want logcats of these issues? i can post them too

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
delete latinime.apk from system/app and reboot to enjoy jb keyboard w/swipe

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I'm also submitting a legitimate bug, but I want to know if this is a just me thing - I go to set the clock to 1000/1700 lagfree, and I just can't change anything. I'll select a min freq, and it will just stay at 200. I select a max freq, and it will change it to whatever I set it to (at least it says it does). I select a governor, and it doesnt change. If I check off the set at boot option, it will show the options I just selected as the boot settings, but it doesnt actually apply them.

That said, this is one of the faster JB roms I've used, so it's not too too bad, but still. My xoom's showing it's age, especially next to my Gnex and Nexus 7.

ok the over clocking is working, and can be set in the setting>>EOS settings>>system..Preformace Settings. and you can verify with any thrid part cpu app that the cpu is set to what ever you choose, as for governors the settings is there but yes it stays on interactive, however if you use a thrid party app you can infact change the gov just fine.
or if you are a command line type of guy and want to see for yourself you can do
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
or
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
to see the current gov
Yes!!

Here are some bugs i'm experiencing on 156:

-switching to photosphere camera causes Gallery to stop
-pressing the photosphere button on a photo in the gallery causes Google Play Services to stop
-as stated by BRD previously, the stock keyboard will have problems; it has for me, crashing a lot.

if i run into any more, i'll post them here. Anyone want logcats of these issues? i can post them too

the photosphere we are aware of,
and the keybaord i got fixed it will likley come as a new gapps cause i got other things fixed that also pretains to gapps

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Great Job team. Is the lag do to hardware acceleration loss from the kernel, or just from lack of stock code?

Also is init.d scripting enabled on your Eos4?

bumbernut

Jul 20, 2008
Chrome is crashing whenever I try to access settings

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS_N10_zps8dc2664a.png

EOS_40_Header_zpsfc17bf00.png

Welcome to Eos 4.0! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Team_Roster_zps46dbf82a.png

Solarnz - Project founder and backend systems admin
    Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer
    Kevdliu - Feature Engineer, Toro maintainer
    Timduru - Frameworks Developer, TF101 maintainer
    Roach - Frameworks Developer - N4 maintainer
    RaymanFX - Remote branch and Experia maintainer
    Runandhide05 - Xoom maintainer
    UBER - Chief Graphics Designer
    Sykomaniac - Maguro maintainer

Features_zps2a2d8d3e.png

Code:
    NX Gesture Navigation Bar
    Navigation Bar Color w/ Project Glass (Auto-Transparency, not the Google Project Glass :P)
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Custom Navigation Bar Ring Quick Launch Targets
    Hide Status Bar and/or Navigation Bar
    Resize Navigation Bar
    Display All User Widgets On Lockscreen
    Recents Panel RAM Display and KillAll Switch
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    EOS Status Bar Toggles
    Status Bar Color
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Volume Keys Long Press Music Control
    Disable/Enable CRT Animation
    Custom Screen Bahavior When Charging
    Custom Screen Off Wifi Delay
    Performance Settings
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    Eos Control Center
    MORE...

Creds_zps6c05dbff.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded. The resources we use include, but are not limited to:

Features:
    Code:
    Phone: for T9 dialer support
    MMS
    T-Mobile Theme Engine

Branches:
    Code:
    libhardware, libhardware_legacy, system/core, system/netd, /system/vold, frameworks/native, frameworks/av, isolated frameworks/base cherry-picks,
    and various qualcomm support related branches. We also use some qualcomm related branches from CodeAurora Forum.

Download_zps886ec94c.png

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds

Download

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

Gapps package

Kernel_zps676c695a.png

Xoom comes with Custom EOS kernel.

Installation_Notes_zpsa4a4cf88.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.2.2 COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.

Information_zps30564da7.png

Changlog
    Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Gitweb for GPL compliance
    I'm gonna try and give some perspective here. 4.2 is not like past releases. Internally, much reverse compatability has been removed. That means that older devices, with older kernels and older proprietary resources will have difficulty maintaining compatibility with 4.2. So we are having to do things for the Xoom that we didn't do before. Up to this point, new Android releases just worked out the box. This is no longer the case. Many comparable devices, non nexus devices, like the Transformer 101,have had to fight a hardware battle from day one. Now it is a battle the Xoom will fight. What does this mean? If you want a flawless build , stick with 4.1.2.
    It means the Xoom is getting old. Android has left Xoom behind. Eos has not. Dreamcwli has come in as well and is doing amazing work. He is VERY talented and the Xoom community is blessed to have him on board. I'm certain between all of us, we'll get things running as they should. But it takes time now. Just some thoughts
    Tonight's build is probably the most epic build we've had in quite some time, and I'm excited about it! Besides tablet mode, we added something very important, JIT. It seems at some unknown point, a merge removed JIT from the build. Some of you have noticed lousy benchmarks. This is why. I benchmarked Nexus 7 before using Linpack. Before was 11Mflops. Now it's 56Mflops. At the same time, missing JIT has had little impact on user experience, as JIT primarily boosts mathematical performance.

Tablet ui feels pretty smooth. There are minor layout issues, like notification icons not playing nice with bar resize. But this is a solid round 1. I recommend slimming down the system bar some. I'll be adding more bar sizes too so we can get that perfect profile.

We get center clock now for you weirdos that like it :p:laugh:

Eos is now compatible with Xposed framework, which I've played with for a couple days. For those who don't know, Xposed is a VERY powerful framework that attaches itself to Zygote. Summed up in a nutshell, this allows per app manipulation of almost anything including PER APP DPI CHANGE. For those interested, I'll do a brief write up after the build drops. It won't be included in the build, but installing is simply downloading and installing apps.

Watch for that goo notification. Don't miss this update. Keep rolling with Eos. Profit. Peace.
    BRD, I think you should leave the EOS 3 thread open until this release gets more stable and realiable, because as far as I'm seeing here (still didn't test, had no time for it) there are many guys with problems and lots of bugs, which is perfectly normal for a first release, but to get a more stable nightly the EOS 3 looks better now :)

Well, it's just an opinion, do whatever you want, you're (with solarnz) the boss here ;) and did a great work all that time on Xoom development :D

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk 2

Solarnz has given me the project so I'm the boss now. And that also means the buck stops with me. Guess it goes both ways. I closed the thread because the last 4.1.2 build is flawless and no longer being developed. Thus I'm not interested in any commentary on it. Also, it was filling with 4.2.1 bugs which, against my better judgement, i knew it would. All downloads are still available on goo for those that find 4.2.1 "challenging" :rolleyes:

My talented and trusty maintainer Runandhide is working on some of this issues discussed. I've also fix quite a few but wanna get a couple more fixes before we do another nightly. One thing that threw me off is for some reason xoom is running in tablet UI, and it should not be. Thus you see phone settings for the Eos interface. Guess I'll just bring in tablet eos settings then. Remember I'm working blind as I don't have my xoom anymore.

Stingray lte is proving to be a challenge. I've almost got it. When i get LTE going ill move on to everest. We have some VERY talented people coming on deck who want to push Eos to the next level. New features will be coming but let's get xoom stable first.
    I like it,
    Can I get a thanks now?
    Lol