Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
adjgCFM7.png

Gingerbread support is experimental. Whatever the bug is, don't say it - I already know. I will fix them all when I can.

Current device support:

• anzu (Arc) (LT15): Alpha in progress
  • ayame (Arc S) (LT18): Alpha in progress
  • haida (Neo V) (MT11): Alpha in progress
  • hallon (Neo) (MT15): Alpha in progress
  • iyokan (Pro) (MK16): Alpha in progress
  • phoneix (Neo L) (MT25): Supported
  • zeus/zeusc (Play) (R800): Supported
  • Others - No plans, probably never (only HDPI Xperia 2011 devices will be supported by MIUI Australia)

Full feature list:
  • Early roots in KRsH 2.6.32.9/4.1.C.0.7 kernel. Has changed drastically since first release; additional changes from CosmicDan, FXP and Irii. Stock-based kernel with manual changes/updates for AOSP and JB support - reported my many to have better batterey life and reliability than FXP-based kernels. Also built with Linaro toolchain and uses some Linaro-optimized memory functions.
  • Supports GB, ICS and JB ROM's. Configurable via the "Slot Mode" in the specific slot for the Boot Menu (see next point). AOSP-GB ROM's (e.g. CM7) are not supported.
  • Turbo Boot Menu. Entered by pressing vol-down (acts as a pre-recovery menu). Supports four slots for installing ROM's into - Slots 2-4 are stored on ext2 "image" files inside the /sdcard/turbo/ folder. Powered by the brilliant Aroma Installer GUI by Amarullz - any slot can be changed to your default boot, and each slot's icon and text can be customized :)
  • Tweaks and Mods selection for each slot:
    - TSDX - my own set-and-forget sd-ext script. Ability to share apps between each slot. Can also be uninstalled if desired (for one slot or for all - fully wizard-driven install/uninstall interface).
    - Restore random entropy device - By default, Turbo kernel replaces the /dev/random entropy device with urandom. No need for a seeder - in fact an entropy seeder will do absolutely nothing in this kernel, just sit there feeding entropy to the same device. This option can be toggled to set the default device back to random.
    - Deasec v2 - When enabled, this slot will decrypt "asec" apps on startup. Helps a lot with App2SD/Link2SD users. Original concept by Giovanni Aneloni, rewritten by myself (CosmicDan).
    - Change USB to ### - This option can toggle this slot to force UMS (Mass Storage) or MTP (Media Transfer) mode for USB connections. Please note that some ROM's, e.g. latest CM10 and KXP-JB, have completely disabled UMS in the ROM. Nothing I can do about that.
    - Disable ALS - Enable or Disable the ambient light sensor for this ROM. If a ROM has a "disable ALS tweak" built it, this option will not do anything.
    - Logging Mode - Change the Logging mode from the default to either Disabled or Extended. Disabled can increase performance (but logcat will be unavailable), extended can help with developers. See the option itself in tweak menu for more details.
  • Repair Functions. Inside the Boot Menu > Settings and Tools, the repair function will attempt to fix errors on SDCard and Slot2-4 images, and fix permissions. Default full repair and Advanced selection modes possible.
  • TeamWin Recovery Project. Can also be switched to/from CWM-Recovery in the Boot Menu > Settings and Tools menu. TWRP is recommended though as it's much more advanced and user-friendly. Contains additional fixes thanks to championswimmer, a theme and UI design by myself, plus the "Factory Reset" option will *not* touch the sd-ext partition.
  • Increased RAM capacity (select devices). zeus and phonex (Play/Neo L) have 379MB of RAM total. 720p recording is removed since it is buggy in Jellybean (gives a good chunk of more RAM), and also some of my own kernel tuning to squeeze a bit more (smaller kernel footprint = more RAM for Android). Do not ask for a 720p recording version, it will never happen - use a different kernel if you want it.
  • Expanded /data partition (varies per device). 600MB+ of space on userdata. Please note that your /system ROM must be no larger than 310MB to use this kernel. If you don't know how to check this, contact your ROM author for details and to make their ROM compatible with this kernel - also they can contact me for tips on crushing their ROM size =)
  • Automatic wifi-module. There is no ZIP install required for Wifi module, the kernel init can detect automatically if the wifi module(s) need to be installed. They are located on the RAMDisk (at {root}/modules) and the kernel simply makes a symlink to the .ko files on boot if it needs to (linking is better than copying them).
  • Snappy zRAM compression. I personally don't use zRAM at all because it slows things down (still ain't snappy enough, heh), but "Snappy" zRAM compression by Google is apparently a lot faster than the traditional LZO compression and only a tiny bit worse compression ratio.
  • CPU governors - Intellidemand (default, has my own enhancements for our single-core Snapdragon CPU's - including CPU ramping on touch events ported from "Project Butter"), Lagfree, SmartAssV2, Performance and OnDemand. No, I will not add more governors. More governors = more RAM used by kernel = less RAM for Android.
  • I/O schedulers - SIO (default), deadline and noop. No, I will not add more schedulers. More schedulers = more RAM used by kernel = less RAM for Android.
  • CIFS, TUN/TAP and FUSE support built-in. No modules required.
  • ...did I miss anything? Don't think so.

Compatibility:

The kernel has been tested and working on the following ROM's -

Please report if it works or not for other Jellybean/ICS-AOSP ROM's.

FAQ/Bugs:

• Q) When I select "Reboot > Recovery" in my ROM, it boots recovery but there are strange errors!
    A) Yes, this will boot recovery but it won't know which slot to use. I can't fix this sorry, so simply don't use it (just use Vol-Down on normal reboot).
  • Q) My device keeps going into the Boot Menu, even though I never pressed the key to enter!
    A) This is a bootloader thing and is rare, to fix it just enter Recovery (for any slot) and select reboot from there.
  • Q) Camera does not work in my Stock GB or Stock ICS based ROM!
    A) Known issue. I *may* be able to fix camera in Stock ICS ROM's later, but Gingerbread will probably never happen.
  • Q) I get an FC when trying to record video!
    A) Make sure you select 480p for the quality in camcorder settings. Recording only works on ICS-AOSP and JB ROM's with no 720p.
  • Q) My ROM in slot 2/3/4 is bootlooping, or I'm getting FC's all the time!
    A) Your microSD has become corrupted, probably due to a battery pull or an unclean shutdown - and so the Slot images have also been corrupted. Chose the Tools > Repair function in Boot Menu to try and solve it. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to *delete* that slot (a format will not do) and re-create the images. (Note to ROM dev's - best to use Slot 1 for testing/working, since this is the safe slot for battery pulls/adb reboot command).
  • Q) I have a problem with my ROM - I flashed Turbo Kernel and restored my backup with Nandroid.
    A) This is not possible. If you have a Nandroid/TWRP backup from another ROM, it cannot be restored with this kernel. This is because of the custom partitions. The same goes for restoring Turbo Nandroid backups in another kernel (but restoring TWRP backups in another kernel will work fine - as long as userdata is not too big for the new kernel).

Important info on data safety

• *Never* unmount/remove SDCard or pull the battery while system is using Slot 2/3/4. But mounting USB Storage or MTP to PC is 100% fine. @Dev's - never use "adb reboot" command, instead use "adb shell reboot" for the safe reboot.
  • Do NOT install a ROM ZIP in Slot 2/3/4 until it is marked "multiboot-aware" by the creator. ROM's that are not Multiboot-aware will format and install to your internal (Slot 1), no matter *what* you do. There are two ways to work-around this:
    1) [Easy, temporary]
    Basic idea is to move the ROM from Slot 1 (Internal) to the new Slot. When you first enter Slot 2/3/4, the wizard to set up the slot begins. You have the option to either create blank system and useredata images, or to copy (clone) it from Slot 1 (Internal). So basically, just install the ROM (e.g. CM9 or CM10) in Slot 1, then you can setup Slot 2/3/4 and chose "Copy from Internal" for system (and userdata if you like). Make sure the new Slot works OK, then you can erase and reinstall whatever on Slot 1.
    2) [Detailed, permanent, ROM makers do this please!] Change the updater-script to use generic mount commands. I encourage all ROM makers to do this, it will still work with other kernels and recoveries fine. For details on the specific script changes needed, refer to this post.
  • Make sure your SDCard is free of errors. If you encounter *any* issues with *any* ROM, do a full Repair in the "Settings and Tools" menu before reporting any issues.
  • For a better detailed, newbie-friendly guide on Multiboot, or for more help, refer to this thread guide. Big thanks to RC fma965 for the guide!

Downloads/Installation

Please Nandroid backup before flashing. I am not responsible for any permanent damage or data loss. I try my best not to wreck your stuff though :)

This kernel uses a custom partition layout. /system size is 310MB and /data size is over 600MB. Flashing this kernel will DESTROY all your userdata and ROM, so backup first! You have been warned!

1. GSM ONLY - You must have a vendor-unlocked partition layout - this only needs to be done once, if you have flashed my MIUI Australia ROM in the past or an official Neo L FTF, you already have it and can skip this step. If not, flash this full FTF first which is the same as .64 FTF but with the required vendor partition to format the unallocated space (it will completely wipe your phone) - R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf on Google Drive. DevHost mirror here - thanks to fma965
    CDMA ONLY - No need to flash any FTF, it seems R800x already has an unlocked vendor partition.
  2. Ensure your ROM is less than 310MB system size. If you are not sure or don't know how to check, contact your ROM builder.
  3. Download and flash the kernel -
    Mediafire folder for Turbo Kernel
  4. First-time users - Enter Multiboot Menu (Vol-Down key) and go to Internal > Recovery, then format system, data and cache before doing anything else. Very important.
  5. Do not install Google Apps straight after ROM install. You *must* boot the ROM at least once before installing Gapps package!

If you cannot enter the Boot Menu or Recovery after flashing, you need to flash the FTF first.

Sources and Changelog

All sources all on my GitHub (see my sig) in the KRsH kernel (there are a few kernel repo's but the KRsH one with latest update is this one), under "jellybean" branch. TWRP sources are in Team-Win-Recovery-Project repo under "jb-wip" branch (yes, it's TWRP 2.4.1.0+ - I'm just too lazy to branch). CWM sources under android_bootable_recovery.

Changelog: See this post (same changelog for all devices).

Last edited:

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden
Hey cosmicdan, I cant seem to boot in recovery from your kernel. when spamming the back button a black screen comes up and nothing happens. When spamming the volume button it does boot into Aroma file manager, a little fix is to just flash your other kernel and install cm9/miui or boot up a recovery through fastboot

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hey cosmicdan, I cant seem to boot in recovery from your kernel. when spamming the back button a black screen comes up and nothing happens. When spamming the volume button it does boot into Aroma file manager, a little fix is to just flash your other kernel and install cm9/miui or boot up a recovery through fastboot

Crap, you're right! I'll fix it now and re-upload... sorry lol

EDIT: Problem is RAMDisk building in Linux, doing it in Windows like I used to fixes it lol. But I found another issue, only 180 version boots.... mediafire downloads deleted, will update when I test (half hour)

Last edited:

extremetempz

Jun 8, 2012
Bricked My Phone

Dont flash i done it on cm9 fx132 and now my phone just vibrates and shows black screen im a pro at installing kernals but idk what happened dont download

Reactions: akirosakiros

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Dont flash i done it on cm9 fx132 and now my phone just vibrates and shows black screen im a pro at installing kernals but idk what happened dont download

You're a ****ing idiot. It's IMPOSSIBLE to brick the phone with a fastboot flash. And I tested *both* kernels myself before uploading. Pull that **** out of your signature before I report you to a moderator. NOW.

EDIT: "Pro at installing kernels" xD Use flashtool in flashmode on stock FTF mister "pro"!

I don't have to wipe since I'm already using the 180 LuPuS v3 right?

Correct :) Only wipe when switching partition layout. Sometimes you don't have to, but the ramdisk tried to read system and can result in a bootloop.

Last edited:

tempest918

Jun 27, 2012
Bloomington

I think you screwed up. Do you not know how to get your phone into fastboot using the search button? You didn't try to use flash mode or something did you? Fastboot is always available so try flashing it again.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I think you screwed up. Do you not know how to get your phone into fastboot using the search button? You didn't try to use flash mode or something did you? Fastboot is always available so try flashing it again.

Yep and even if fastboot somehow dies, flashmode is always available. I think flashmode is actually managed by a separate little chip even, that might be wrong information though.

What I'm really pissed off about is that the jerk is advertising in his signature that I killed his phone and won't remove it. That should be bannable.

Reactions: Jammz

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Just installed, seems quite smooth. Using intellidemand and vr i/o scheduler o/c to 1.2ghz

Yeah I run a 1.2GHz max too, I was on 1.5GHz but it seems to drain battery quicker (due to quick ramping on every touch) with no performance benefit. I might actually run a battery life test on intellidemand vs lagfree tomorrow, running a few different benchmarks in a row each from a full battery - to compare benchmark scores and battery life of each.

Fat_boy555

Apr 3, 2012
Singapore
Samsung Galaxy S4
OnePlus 2
Yeah I run a 1.2GHz max too, I was on 1.5GHz but it seems to drain battery quicker (due to quick ramping on every touch) with no performance benefit. I might actually run a battery life test on intellidemand vs lagfree tomorrow, running a few different benchmarks in a row each from a full battery - to compare benchmark scores and battery life of each.

Can u post results?

Sent from my Xperia Play using xda premium

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden
im a pro at installing kernals

picard-facepalm.jpg

please start here

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

ONTOPIC
Kernel runs great on LuPuSUIv0.5, I definitely notice a bit better performance then the stock FXP CM9.0 kernel. Together with V6 supercharger and deleting about 20 system apps I can say this is the smoothest rom/kernel combo I have tried this far

Last edited:
Reactions: CriGiu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adjgCFM7.png

Gingerbread support is experimental. Whatever the bug is, don't say it - I already know. I will fix them all when I can.

Current device support:

• anzu (Arc) (LT15): Alpha in progress
    • ayame (Arc S) (LT18): Alpha in progress
    • haida (Neo V) (MT11): Alpha in progress
    • hallon (Neo) (MT15): Alpha in progress
    • iyokan (Pro) (MK16): Alpha in progress
    • phoneix (Neo L) (MT25): Supported
    • zeus/zeusc (Play) (R800): Supported
    • Others - No plans, probably never (only HDPI Xperia 2011 devices will be supported by MIUI Australia)

Full feature list:
    • Early roots in KRsH 2.6.32.9/4.1.C.0.7 kernel. Has changed drastically since first release; additional changes from CosmicDan, FXP and Irii. Stock-based kernel with manual changes/updates for AOSP and JB support - reported my many to have better batterey life and reliability than FXP-based kernels. Also built with Linaro toolchain and uses some Linaro-optimized memory functions.
    • Supports GB, ICS and JB ROM's. Configurable via the "Slot Mode" in the specific slot for the Boot Menu (see next point). AOSP-GB ROM's (e.g. CM7) are not supported.
    • Turbo Boot Menu. Entered by pressing vol-down (acts as a pre-recovery menu). Supports four slots for installing ROM's into - Slots 2-4 are stored on ext2 "image" files inside the /sdcard/turbo/ folder. Powered by the brilliant Aroma Installer GUI by Amarullz - any slot can be changed to your default boot, and each slot's icon and text can be customized :)
    • Tweaks and Mods selection for each slot:
      - TSDX - my own set-and-forget sd-ext script. Ability to share apps between each slot. Can also be uninstalled if desired (for one slot or for all - fully wizard-driven install/uninstall interface).
      - Restore random entropy device - By default, Turbo kernel replaces the /dev/random entropy device with urandom. No need for a seeder - in fact an entropy seeder will do absolutely nothing in this kernel, just sit there feeding entropy to the same device. This option can be toggled to set the default device back to random.
      - Deasec v2 - When enabled, this slot will decrypt "asec" apps on startup. Helps a lot with App2SD/Link2SD users. Original concept by Giovanni Aneloni, rewritten by myself (CosmicDan).
      - Change USB to ### - This option can toggle this slot to force UMS (Mass Storage) or MTP (Media Transfer) mode for USB connections. Please note that some ROM's, e.g. latest CM10 and KXP-JB, have completely disabled UMS in the ROM. Nothing I can do about that.
      - Disable ALS - Enable or Disable the ambient light sensor for this ROM. If a ROM has a "disable ALS tweak" built it, this option will not do anything.
      - Logging Mode - Change the Logging mode from the default to either Disabled or Extended. Disabled can increase performance (but logcat will be unavailable), extended can help with developers. See the option itself in tweak menu for more details.
    • Repair Functions. Inside the Boot Menu > Settings and Tools, the repair function will attempt to fix errors on SDCard and Slot2-4 images, and fix permissions. Default full repair and Advanced selection modes possible.
    • TeamWin Recovery Project. Can also be switched to/from CWM-Recovery in the Boot Menu > Settings and Tools menu. TWRP is recommended though as it's much more advanced and user-friendly. Contains additional fixes thanks to championswimmer, a theme and UI design by myself, plus the "Factory Reset" option will *not* touch the sd-ext partition.
    • Increased RAM capacity (select devices). zeus and phonex (Play/Neo L) have 379MB of RAM total. 720p recording is removed since it is buggy in Jellybean (gives a good chunk of more RAM), and also some of my own kernel tuning to squeeze a bit more (smaller kernel footprint = more RAM for Android). Do not ask for a 720p recording version, it will never happen - use a different kernel if you want it.
    • Expanded /data partition (varies per device). 600MB+ of space on userdata. Please note that your /system ROM must be no larger than 310MB to use this kernel. If you don't know how to check this, contact your ROM author for details and to make their ROM compatible with this kernel - also they can contact me for tips on crushing their ROM size =)
    • Automatic wifi-module. There is no ZIP install required for Wifi module, the kernel init can detect automatically if the wifi module(s) need to be installed. They are located on the RAMDisk (at {root}/modules) and the kernel simply makes a symlink to the .ko files on boot if it needs to (linking is better than copying them).
    • Snappy zRAM compression. I personally don't use zRAM at all because it slows things down (still ain't snappy enough, heh), but "Snappy" zRAM compression by Google is apparently a lot faster than the traditional LZO compression and only a tiny bit worse compression ratio.
    • CPU governors - Intellidemand (default, has my own enhancements for our single-core Snapdragon CPU's - including CPU ramping on touch events ported from "Project Butter"), Lagfree, SmartAssV2, Performance and OnDemand. No, I will not add more governors. More governors = more RAM used by kernel = less RAM for Android.
    • I/O schedulers - SIO (default), deadline and noop. No, I will not add more schedulers. More schedulers = more RAM used by kernel = less RAM for Android.
    • CIFS, TUN/TAP and FUSE support built-in. No modules required.
    • ...did I miss anything? Don't think so.

Compatibility:

The kernel has been tested and working on the following ROM's -

Please report if it works or not for other Jellybean/ICS-AOSP ROM's.

FAQ/Bugs:

• Q) When I select "Reboot > Recovery" in my ROM, it boots recovery but there are strange errors!
      A) Yes, this will boot recovery but it won't know which slot to use. I can't fix this sorry, so simply don't use it (just use Vol-Down on normal reboot).
    • Q) My device keeps going into the Boot Menu, even though I never pressed the key to enter!
      A) This is a bootloader thing and is rare, to fix it just enter Recovery (for any slot) and select reboot from there.
    • Q) Camera does not work in my Stock GB or Stock ICS based ROM!
      A) Known issue. I *may* be able to fix camera in Stock ICS ROM's later, but Gingerbread will probably never happen.
    • Q) I get an FC when trying to record video!
      A) Make sure you select 480p for the quality in camcorder settings. Recording only works on ICS-AOSP and JB ROM's with no 720p.
    • Q) My ROM in slot 2/3/4 is bootlooping, or I'm getting FC's all the time!
      A) Your microSD has become corrupted, probably due to a battery pull or an unclean shutdown - and so the Slot images have also been corrupted. Chose the Tools > Repair function in Boot Menu to try and solve it. If not, I'm afraid you'll have to *delete* that slot (a format will not do) and re-create the images. (Note to ROM dev's - best to use Slot 1 for testing/working, since this is the safe slot for battery pulls/adb reboot command).
    • Q) I have a problem with my ROM - I flashed Turbo Kernel and restored my backup with Nandroid.
      A) This is not possible. If you have a Nandroid/TWRP backup from another ROM, it cannot be restored with this kernel. This is because of the custom partitions. The same goes for restoring Turbo Nandroid backups in another kernel (but restoring TWRP backups in another kernel will work fine - as long as userdata is not too big for the new kernel).

Important info on data safety

• *Never* unmount/remove SDCard or pull the battery while system is using Slot 2/3/4. But mounting USB Storage or MTP to PC is 100% fine. @Dev's - never use "adb reboot" command, instead use "adb shell reboot" for the safe reboot.
    • Do NOT install a ROM ZIP in Slot 2/3/4 until it is marked "multiboot-aware" by the creator. ROM's that are not Multiboot-aware will format and install to your internal (Slot 1), no matter *what* you do. There are two ways to work-around this:
      1) [Easy, temporary]
      Basic idea is to move the ROM from Slot 1 (Internal) to the new Slot. When you first enter Slot 2/3/4, the wizard to set up the slot begins. You have the option to either create blank system and useredata images, or to copy (clone) it from Slot 1 (Internal). So basically, just install the ROM (e.g. CM9 or CM10) in Slot 1, then you can setup Slot 2/3/4 and chose "Copy from Internal" for system (and userdata if you like). Make sure the new Slot works OK, then you can erase and reinstall whatever on Slot 1.
      2) [Detailed, permanent, ROM makers do this please!] Change the updater-script to use generic mount commands. I encourage all ROM makers to do this, it will still work with other kernels and recoveries fine. For details on the specific script changes needed, refer to this post.
    • Make sure your SDCard is free of errors. If you encounter *any* issues with *any* ROM, do a full Repair in the "Settings and Tools" menu before reporting any issues.
    • For a better detailed, newbie-friendly guide on Multiboot, or for more help, refer to this thread guide. Big thanks to RC fma965 for the guide!

Downloads/Installation

Please Nandroid backup before flashing. I am not responsible for any permanent damage or data loss. I try my best not to wreck your stuff though :)

This kernel uses a custom partition layout. /system size is 310MB and /data size is over 600MB. Flashing this kernel will DESTROY all your userdata and ROM, so backup first! You have been warned!

1. GSM ONLY - You must have a vendor-unlocked partition layout - this only needs to be done once, if you have flashed my MIUI Australia ROM in the past or an official Neo L FTF, you already have it and can skip this step. If not, flash this full FTF first which is the same as .64 FTF but with the required vendor partition to format the unallocated space (it will completely wipe your phone) - R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf on Google Drive. DevHost mirror here - thanks to fma965
      CDMA ONLY - No need to flash any FTF, it seems R800x already has an unlocked vendor partition.
    2. Ensure your ROM is less than 310MB system size. If you are not sure or don't know how to check, contact your ROM builder.
    3. Download and flash the kernel -
      Mediafire folder for Turbo Kernel
    4. First-time users - Enter Multiboot Menu (Vol-Down key) and go to Internal > Recovery, then format system, data and cache before doing anything else. Very important.
    5. Do not install Google Apps straight after ROM install. You *must* boot the ROM at least once before installing Gapps package!

If you cannot enter the Boot Menu or Recovery after flashing, you need to flash the FTF first.

Sources and Changelog

All sources all on my GitHub (see my sig) in the KRsH kernel (there are a few kernel repo's but the KRsH one with latest update is this one), under "jellybean" branch. TWRP sources are in Team-Win-Recovery-Project repo under "jb-wip" branch (yes, it's TWRP 2.4.1.0+ - I'm just too lazy to branch). CWM sources under android_bootable_recovery.

Changelog: See this post (same changelog for all devices).
    Thread locked. All development and support for this project is over. Relevant source code, if any, can be found in my GitHub (see my signature). Anyone is free to use this code without permission from me, but be sure to credit other contributors as I always have.

Thank you and good luck to you all!
    I just tested with FPSe... as you know the dev implemented the touchpad on ICS previously (using onGenericMotionEvent) and the touchpad recognition is fine.

As the mod uses this method to send the event to the "onTouchEvent", as GB does, then everything is fine with the kernel because the event is reaching the onGenericMotionEvent as it should

Edit: My app didn't FC with me. It's kind weird

Other thing, dude:

Usually, FPSe don't recognize the touchpad if the ALWAYS ACTIVATED behavior is ON. I just tested it, and the touchpad worked OK, even with this option. It'a looks like a framework problem. Probably some fix implementation issue, or maybe something changed in the sources that make the fix don't work anymore... I need to check it

I don't know what's going on then, touchpad is broken for me. As abdel says it work in Turbo UI (so that's my fault, changed IDC/keymap files) which is OK and only my problem.

But still, why does activator FC in Turbo UI? Hmm.

On another note:

31056697.jpg

Support for Stock ICS is underway!

Managed to get MIUI Australia to boot logo - no graphic issues at all, but it's stuck in a bootloop and USB is broken. So I'm working on it :)
    Turbo Kernel r13a2 release

Here is r13 alpha 2. It's more of a final beta than anything, apart from the known-bugs section below it seems perfect. I highly recommend everyone to try it out and test everything they can - especially CWM functions.

Changelog:
    Code:
    r13
    ---

- New: Two-stage RAMDisk (easier dev'ing, safer booting) - big thanks to championswimmer for backporting the idea from 2012 series
     - New: Slot 4 added
     - New: Boot Menu completely redone
     - New: Ability to switch Recovery between TWRP or CWM
     - New: Option for custom image sizes in Slot creation
     - New: Boot will detect if SDCard has an error and will launch repair (adds a few milliseconds to boot, don't stress)
     - New: Tweaks and Mods menu - TSDX (Turbo SD-eXt) Install/Remove
     - New: Tweaks and Mods menu - Set urandom as default entropy device (not a seeder) (enabled by default)
     - New: Tweaks and Mods menu - Option to deasec (decrypt) apps on startup, will greatly help with App2SD issues
     - New: Tweaks and Mods menu - Switch ROM between MTP (media) or UMS (mass_storage).
     - New: White LED "thinking" indicators when Multiboot/tweaks is casting its' sorcery
     - Removed: Entropy seeder binary (made obsolete by new urandom device method)
     - Improved: Slot creation now verifies for free space and tells you what space will be left
     - Improved: Reliability of created images (requires new image generation)
     - Improved: ICS-AOSP support (Log spam, Video and GTalk FC's)
     - Improve: [Repair Tool] Fix Permissions will always try to mount sd-ext (fixes sd-ext/Link2SD enabled slots)
    [COLOR=DimGray][B][COLOR=black]TODO[/COLOR][/B] [strike] - Improve: [TWRP] Factory Wipe no longer formats sd-ext (you can do that in another option)[/strike][/COLOR]
     - Improve: [TWRP] Various minor layout things (better spacing and placement to avoid accidental touches)
    [COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=black][B]TODO[/B][/COLOR] [strike] - Fix: [TWRP] Backup and restore supports compressed or uncompressed option again[/strike][/COLOR]
    Known bugs:

• TWRP can only restore COMPRESSED backups right now. Make sure you select "Use Compression" checkbox when making a TWRP backup! Will be fixed when my Linux machine is repaired.
    • TWRP "Factory Reset" option will erase sd-ext - be careful! Only way to *only* wipe data right now is to do it manually via shell. Final version will have "Factory Reset" button changed to "Wipe Data".
    • ? Please report!

Download:

Turbo Kernel r13 alpha 2 via Mediafire

Apart from the known bugs listed above (and any more found by you guys), this will be the last release before r13 final. Then I will be building the kernel for all Xperia 2011 devices :)

Upgrading from r12 important info:

The location for Slot 2+ images has moved. If you want to use your existing slot images, please move them to the "turbo" folder on SDCard (the turbo folder will be created by kernel on first start).
    Re: [KERNEL][JB/ICS][MULTIBOOT][TWRP][CWM][PLAY] Turbo Kernel v2.1

3.1 will be released in a few hours. Give me some time to update OP.

Sent from Xperia Play (R800a) with Tapatalk