Off Topic Thread

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I find myself reading a LOT about other phones on XDA when I'm bored
It's interesting to see the structure of other forums, DL a few mods and see if they can be tweaked to work.

If I'm not doing that, I'm on TheChive or Tapiture.
.. Or YouTube, watching Harlem Shake vids lol.

I can't fix things around my apartment because the owner is touchy.. My car could use some work, but parts are expensive.

I have been making 3D models in sketchup and 123D, for printing on a Solidoodle 2 3D printer. - very fun to print 3D items. Been thinking about designing a case for our Note II. I printed an iphone 4 case for a friend.

Pretty cool 3D printing seen a lot of that at the CES show in Vegas!

On another note. I myself read a lot of the other threads here on XDA mostly the AT&T Note 2 section. But what I find funny is that you see these guys that pop up all over the place. So I have to wonder which Rom are they running, since your giving advice in that thread! I think every Rom has a little something different from each other! So may work a lil different from the next. So I try to help out with what I have running on my phone usually!! Unless it's a Rom I have tried b4 or something I can help them fix, not Rom based.. mod etc:cool:

Just my 2¢...;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Brad.S.

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Pretty cool 3D printing seen a lot of that at the CES show in Vegas!

On another note. I myself read a lot of the other threads here on XDA mostly the AT&T Note 2 section. But what I find funny is that you see these guys that pop up all over the place. So I have to wonder which Rom are they running, since your giving advice in that thread! I think every Rom has a little something different from each other! So may work a lil different from the next. So I try to help out with what I have running on my phone usually!! Unless it's a Rom I have tried b4 or something I can help them fix, not Rom based.. mod etc:cool:

Just my 2¢...;)

Haha I completely agree w/you. In the GS2 forums there was a guy arguing with others about how amazing the nexus 4 is and that no other device compares... I thought, geezer, this guy must be a Nexus enthusiast... Nope. I creeped on his profile.. He owns an LG MyTouch 4G!
:banghead:
Even though I lurk in other forums, the only one I give strict advice in is the forum of the phone I currently own.
But, it's sort of a lie because I have been all over this forum since it was created. Back when someone was calling the "post pictures taken with your note 2" thread a trolling thread. And it was almost the only thread then.
I tried not to give much advice.. Just the general "your doing it wrong, this is how..." but only if I knew for sure.
You'd never catch me in an HTC forum ever again talking about S-off :silly:

In regards to the ROM thing: I'm an addict. I think I've posted twice in the Dev section of this forum (useless posts).. But I try to run every ROM put out that seems to show some promise. I usually see posts that desperately need advice and think "I'll get an infraction if I post what needs to be said" lol. I'm too hard nosed.

But ya.. That's the story of my life, in an essay. Haha.

Before this topic turns bad;
What's everyone doing for V-day? Special places to go? Gifts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bajanman

spycedtx

Oct 19, 2009
It's definitely been an exercise in restraint for me on these forums. Some times I want nothing more than to tell them they're too dumb to own one and take it back to the store.

Yesterday one of my friends called me, knowing I'm the Android guy. A friend of his just got a note 2. What's the first thing she does? Takes naked pics of herself. Okay, fine. But.... she didn't realize she had kicked on auto upload..google+ and picasa. . until too late. And she called him freaking out (he's her tech person to go to). Hah!

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
It's definitely been an exercise in restraint for me on these forums. Some times I want nothing more than to tell them they're too dumb to own one and take it back to the store.

Yesterday one of my friends called me, knowing I'm the Android guy. A friend of his just got a note 2. What's the first thing she does? Takes naked pics of herself. Okay, fine. But.... she didn't realize she had kicked on auto upload..google+ and picasa. . until too late. And she called him freaking out (he's her tech person to go to). Hah!

-----
I would love to help you, but help yourself first: ask a better question
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

:D:D LMAO to funny there. That's what happens when you want to b social... Lol

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Ehh.....I'd rather be at work makn money.....:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Lol. I here ya.:eek:
That's why when I'm not working I'm working. Because I always have something to do to make me money. Fixing something, hanging tv's, cctv cameras, cars, etc. Anything using my hands. I'm quite handy and can fix/install mostly anything.

Just my 2¢:cool:

Reactions: jyazzie110

MissyKoneko

Jan 8, 2013
Bleh
I like working too and if I am not working I am home cleaning my house or reading XDA since I know how to handle this stuff more, its becoming a little bit obsessing lol but I enjoy it.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I like working too and if I am not working I am home cleaning my house or reading XDA since I know how to handle this stuff more, its becoming a little bit obsessing lol but I enjoy it.

There's nothing wrong with that. Plus your learning while your reading and cleaning your home which is a good thing to have a clean home..:) Lol
Glad your getting this android addiction!

Reactions: MissyKoneko

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Morning off topic people. Just putting the tread back on top since it's so quite in here. @jayzzie hope the snow let's you get back out to work a full day.. :)
@missK best thing is a clean home no doubt. So you get two:thumbup::thumbup: from me.
Happy Hump day everyone!:D

Reactions: jyazzie110

jyazzie110

Jul 21, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Morning off topic people. Just putting the tread back on top since it's so quite in here. @jayzzie hope the snow let's you get back out to work a full day.. :)
@missK best thing is a clean home no doubt. So you get two:thumbup::thumbup: from me.
Happy Hump day everyone!:D

It's not really the snow......just that all the jobs are scheduled for 5omorrow and every day afterwards.......no work today as well which sucks.....

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
It's not really the snow......just that all the jobs are scheduled for 5omorrow and every day afterwards.......no work today as well which sucks.....

Oh ok I understand now. But I know you'll rather, b working making some mula tho!!:)

Hey Jay I was wondering if you knew how to change the text color in the text msg app. Because I know you did some theming for a few people. But the Rom DIAPHANES Rc1...
I'm on has both white letters on the in/out text of the SMS app. Not a big deal but just asking if you could look at it if it's something easy for you to fix.:confused: maybe changing it to blue or something else. Let me know k.
Thanx brahda:)

Last edited:

jyazzie110

Jul 21, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Oh ok I understand now. But I know you'll rather, b working making some mula tho!!:)

Hey Jay I was wondering if you knew how to change the text color in the text msg app. Because I know you did some theming for a few people. But the Rom DIAPHANES Rc1...
I'm on has both white letters on the in/out text of the SMS app. Not a big deal but just asking if you could look at it if it's something easy for you to fix.:confused: maybe changing it to blue or something else. Let me know k.
Thanx brahda:)

Well I've got a few things to take of today but I can take a look into it

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF THE LOVERS, HUSBAND & WIFE'S, GIRLFRIENDS & BOYFRIENDS. GUESS IT'S A DAY JUST TO GIVE LOVE. AND TELL YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER YOU LOVE THEM. ENJOY YOUR DAY EVERYONE!!:D
Just my 2¢..:cool:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Don’t forget those Roses for your Valentine today...:victory::D:victory:

picture.php

jyazzie110

Jul 21, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Just had to pop in real quick n say HAPPY BUR5HDAY ARIZONA!!!!! Now i gota get back to work.....lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gents...
    The time has come...
    I'm moving on to the S5...
    Many thanks to all of you. ..for the good times. .and friendship. ..

I'll be around for a while. ..but not active in the N2 threads much...

I've really enjoyed this device. ..because of the people. ..and I'm already missing that. ..

My best to everyone. ...g
    Baby boy finally came today at 2:06 PST 8 lbs 5 oz and 20.5 inches :)

Break me off a piece of that SlimKat Rom!
    He's right. Once you're a soldier Uncle Sam owns you
    FOREVER. Just remember: no matter how old you get you can be called back into active duty.

--》Sent from my mind to your screen

They don't want this broken down Soldier any more Brother ...and I'm getting put out to pasture..

What a ride...nearly 25 years in all...and memories to last a lifetime..

But I can say this with absolute confidence..
    That never before have I been so proud...as the day I put on the uniform...
    And never before have I been so sad...as the day I took it off...

I hope it's been enough to help at least one person have a better life...as I stood watch on the perimeter while they slept...so they need not fear attack or persecution...

And if I've accomplished that...then mission completed...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Dare the impossible ...and do the incredible...

After 14 years of crippling pain...and a host of doctors telling me I couldn't or shouldn't EVER do the one thing I've dearly missed...

The pastime that drew me to Marry my wonderful Wife...

I went skiing today for the first time in 17 long years...

Hey Doc....I feel great....and you were wrong....

In yur face to those who said I didn't have it in me....

Milestone established...and bucket list marked....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
    Courtesy of our amazing developers...
    wife is allergic to cats, son loves them, I dont like them.

silver-blue **** a poo was the compromise pet..no shedding, hypo allergenic, and a watchdog that thinks he's a Rottweiler

I used to hate cats a long time ago. I think men are trained to think cats are sneaky and disloyal. About 17 years ago I had a female calico cat "choose" me.

I learned quite a bit about cats at that point. Cats bond with one person very strongly. As much as I absolutely love dogs I realized that they're all whores for attention... Not loyal in any way, shape, or form.

For 17 years I had my best buddy in the world- "chaos". The best cat in the world. I could tell her to get specific toys and she knew the difference between all of them. I could hide them in the house and she would find the specific toy. She loved all people but wasn't pushy about affection. She just wanted to "hang out". Never lazy or boring either... Just a good friend. In April of this past year I had to make the hardest decision of my life.

REST IN PEACE CHAOS. I will love her forever.

y4a8a8u8.jpg

--》Sent from my mind to your screen