Simple OP

ROM :

v2
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23311191640113742

v1 (No themes)
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196646

Gapps:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111256166

Not responsible if you damage your phone.

Flash with TWRP ( I use Chadouming )

Sources will be up in a few. Github is a pain.

This is the rom I'll be using for a while. So, support, but minimal.

No autofocus
No at&t support.
edit -
tried themes. somehow not working. can't fix that part, it's in rom source...
cheers

Last edited:

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Is this better than houstonn's Carbon hybrid build? NFC works too right? We can use Bank's Gapps right?

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Is this better than houstonn's Carbon hybrid build? NFC works too right? We can use Bank's Gapps right?

Houstonn 's hybrid is nice too. I prefer mine because :leds
:) houstonn has many Roms going on. No idea when he last updated carbon.

Banks work. I've included a modified version of banks. Nfc works for me.

This is mainly for my usage. Posted it because it works well.

Sent from my Geeb using Tapatalk

Reactions: =JKT= and geokilla

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Btw, I don't see newer commits in rom base. So one and only one build.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
I believe I am using your ROM and kernel but I am unsure. ROM is dated December 16... and kernel has mathsz in it.

Assuming I am, can you update the kernel? I'm trying to change colour profiles in Trickster Mod but they all give the same colours which seems to be very light and bright.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
I believe I am using your ROM and kernel but I am unsure. ROM is dated December 16... and kernel has mathsz in it.

Assuming I am, can you update the kernel? I'm trying to change colour profiles in Trickster Mod but they all give the same colours which seems to be very light and bright.

That's it! Kernel is faux. (dvhexer version) I have a adreno kernel for 4.3 somewhere if you want it. I moved to 4.4 AOKP. But I can definitely find that kernel. OH! Look in paulicats 4.3.1 AOKP thread. I posted it there. On phone now and it's hard to link back on that.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

Reactions: geokilla

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
LCD color preset still broken :(
ha, right. Now I remember. The presets on faux are pretty much all the same.

It's the adreno kernel that has pretty presets.

Can't go much further than that... Because I don't have access to an Ubuntu computer now.

So, faux has better battery. The adreno kernel, I still have around. I'll post later.

I cannot change the presets value now. But I'll definitely reinstall Ubuntu in the following days. This is an easy fix.

Last edited:

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Stupid dev host nuked my files... I'll have to rebuild the adreno. If you do not mind waiting a bit, I'll cook it up with the led changes. Did you try themes? I had no luck with that.

found a backup. flashing now to test.

Last edited:

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
No idea why the themes keep crashing. That's just bad source...

I really like 4.3, because all features *should* be working, but theme crashing is kinda lame.

gonna redownload source and rebuild.

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Adreno Kernel, tested, flashed. works with "correct" color presets.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23311191640113205
@geokilla, try it out

for faux, you're gonna have to do it by hand. that means playing with colors and such. as I said, i can't edit source now...

You work too hard just like all the devs haha. Will give it a try in the morning! And take your time if you need to implement further fixes or whatever. I'm in no rush.

Though I do remember seeing a thread somewhere on how to manually edit the colour by using the sliders in Trickster Mod. Do you remember seeing such a thread? Or maybe it was a post? I'm gonna see if I can find it in the in the afternoon if I still need it.

No idea why the themes keep crashing. That's just bad source...

I really like 4.3, because all features *should* be working, but theme crashing is kinda lame.

gonna redownload source and rebuild.

I never downloaded the themes. I don't even know where themes are.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
You work too hard just like all the devs haha. Will give it a try in the morning! And take your time if you need to implement further fixes or whatever. I'm in no rush.

Though I do remember seeing a thread somewhere on how to manually edit the colour by using the sliders in Trickster Mod. Do you remember seeing such a thread? Or maybe it was a post? I'm gonna see if I can find it in the in the afternoon if I still need it.

I never downloaded the themes. I don't even know where themes are.

Themes are great if you get bored of aosp looks. My favorite (current ) is darkmiui and LG -g2. Yeah, I run a LG theme on custom Roms. I'm downloading source. It's a slow Internet connection here, so it'll take a while.

mathsz

Mar 6, 2012
Quebec
Themes are great if you get bored of aosp looks. My favorite (current ) is darkmiui and LG -g2. Yeah, I run a LG theme on custom Roms. I'm downloading source. It's a slow Internet connection here, so it'll take a while.

For colors, search in the nexus4 faux123 thread. Or you could try dvhexer old cm thread. And last place I would look is houstonn old PA thread.

Faux is easy on battery. Adreno has better performance.

well, there are zero new commits as carbon as moved to 4.4.2
So no point in resyncing and building again. I'd have to cherry pick the theme chooser from another rom. This is not as easy fix. . . . . ..

If you ever feel the need to try themes, I'd point you to paulicat's 4.3.1 aokp final build. He did one in late december and his nov 30th works really well. Both faux and adreno kernels will work on it. It's pretty close to carbon, less HALO.

I have found my 4.3 sources, I can always build something else for 4.3.1, it's pretty easy. I won't build any 4.4 rom any soon as it's all a big WIP and lots of actual devs are already working on that.

I do wish that Paulicat's led code would get incorporated in main CM code (that from which all other ROM's take their leds). Anyway,

back to carbon, it's pretty much take it as it is for now. Don't see new commits, won't rebuild.

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Reactions: geokilla

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto

If you ever feel the need to try themes, I'd point you to paulicat's 4.3.1 aokp final build. He did one in late december and his nov 30th works really well. Both faux and adreno kernels will work on it. It's pretty close to carbon, less HALO.

I have found my 4.3 sources, I can always build something else for 4.3.1, it's pretty easy. I won't build any 4.4 rom any soon as it's all a big WIP and lots of actual devs are already working on that.

I do wish that Paulicat's led code would get incorporated in main CM code (that from which all other ROM's take their leds). Anyway,

back to carbon, it's pretty much take it as it is for now. Don't see new commits, won't rebuild.

Cheers!!

Ya I'm very bored of stock AOSP look so I definitely want some themes.. They have to be themes from the LG Optimus G forums right? And specifically built for Carbon? Or do Android Themes work too?

Do what you want to do haha. If you feel like it, then do it. If not, just leave it :D I'm not moving to 4.4 either because I feel it's too beta on our phones. If it was on the Nexus 5, I wouldn't mind running stock KK or something.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: @mathsz. I just remembered, I have a few bugs. After a couple hours, I notice that sometimes the physical and capacitive buttons on the phone don't work, except for the power button. Only way to fix it is to restart the phone. It wasn't a kernel problem because it happened before and after I flashed the other kernel that you mentioned.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple OP

ROM :

v2
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23311191640113742

v1 (No themes)
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319196646

Gapps:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111256166

Not responsible if you damage your phone.

Flash with TWRP ( I use Chadouming )

Sources will be up in a few. Github is a pain.

This is the rom I'll be using for a while. So, support, but minimal.

No autofocus
    No at&t support.
    edit -
    tried themes. somehow not working. can't fix that part, it's in rom source...
    cheers

Houstonn 's hybrid is nice too. I prefer mine because :leds
    :) houstonn has many Roms going on. No idea when he last updated carbon.

Banks work. I've included a modified version of banks. Nfc works for me.

This is mainly for my usage. Posted it because it works well.

Sent from my Geeb using Tapatalk

That's it! Kernel is faux. (dvhexer version) I have a adreno kernel for 4.3 somewhere if you want it. I moved to 4.4 AOKP. But I can definitely find that kernel. OH! Look in paulicats 4.3.1 AOKP thread. I posted it there. On phone now and it's hard to link back on that.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk

For colors, search in the nexus4 faux123 thread. Or you could try dvhexer old cm thread. And last place I would look is houstonn old PA thread.

Faux is easy on battery. Adreno has better performance.

well, there are zero new commits as carbon as moved to 4.4.2
    So no point in resyncing and building again. I'd have to cherry pick the theme chooser from another rom. This is not as easy fix. . . . . ..

Cheers!!

Ya I'm very bored of stock AOSP look so I definitely want some themes.. They have to be themes from the LG Optimus G forums right? And specifically built for Carbon? Or do Android Themes work too?

Do what you want to do haha. If you feel like it, then do it. If not, just leave it :D I'm not moving to 4.4 either because I feel it's too beta on our phones. If it was on the Nexus 5, I wouldn't mind running stock KK or something.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: @mathsz. I just remembered, I have a few bugs. After a couple hours, I notice that sometimes the physical and capacitive buttons on the phone don't work, except for the power button. Only way to fix it is to restart the phone. It wasn't a kernel problem because it happened before and after I flashed the other kernel that you mentioned.

CM themes, don't have to be lgog. Try the dark Miui one from jasonevil in play. Themes are in settings, close to carbon fibers.

Ok Gonna try and make carbon work. But it's the rom source that's broken...

Give AOKP a shot. Lots of personalisation in there. I'll redo carbon. Cheers.

syncing now. Gonna give it a shot, might have been a bad sync and well, I was building in a vm before and that sucks.

finished installing ubuntu and I'm gonna be doing a second version with optimisation. for fun. hehe. later