[Q] Stream non shield supported games?

Search This thread

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
I am considering picking a shield up for my wife. I got her Elder Scrolls Online, and she very much enjoyed playing it with a controller. I used Xpadder to map all the controls and it worked wonderfully. My question to anyone with a shield is could i stream ESO to the shield. I know the game isnt officially supported, BUT if i used a third party app such as splashtop I could easily see the game on the devices screen. But would i be able to map the keys into xpadder? How does the shield connect to the computer? It would be AWESOME if this was possible, I just have no idea how i would map the shields controller to the PC.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

suprgamr232

Dec 25, 2010
I'm not sure about ESO, but you can stream any non-Steam game to the Shield by adding the program/app to your Steam game list.

As for Xpadder, the Shield uses Xinput when playing games over game stream, so if you can get xpadder open and map the controls to a 360 controller, you should be able to then use the Shield with Xpadder when game streaming. Not 100% certain on this though, so you'd have to try it first.

DJ0224

Apr 4, 2014
I'm not sure about ESO, but you can stream any non-Steam game to the Shield by adding the program/app to your Steam game list.

As for Xpadder, the Shield uses Xinput when playing games over game stream, so if you can get xpadder open and map the controls to a 360 controller, you should be able to then use the Shield with Xpadder when game streaming. Not 100% certain on this though, so you'd have to try it first.

Awesome! I think I will pick one up and give it a shot. Thanks!