[ROM-DEV] Stock Gingerbread beta 4

Search This thread

vbetts

Jun 21, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Trying it out now :D

Got it flashed and booted. It is pretty quick. One thing I noticed is I can't get it to connect to my wireless, not a big deal at all though. Expected that after seeing Wifi doesn't work :D

Last edited:

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
Using the rom right now, they keyboard in gingerbread will take a little getting used to in terms of layout but i am fairly impressed so far.

That silly screen animation is awesome....

The only glaring issue is white screen flickers and the camera is non functional. A couple speed stutters and scrolling weirdness as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

verse187

Apr 10, 2010
Cali Baby
Posting from the rom now.

This is amazing! The screen off animation is brilliant. Wow! Im loving this!

Shootme grants super user permission but doesnt recognize the screen shake to snap the screen shot. :-( Oh well lol

And the marquee in text is awesome! So much easier to navigate to errors in spelling now.

The reason when your using the app to take pictures does not work because the sensors are not working i think is called the accelometer or how ever you spell it lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sultan.of.swing

Apr 12, 2010
Camas, WA
I know you said your not gonna really work on this by yourself but honestly this is the fastest port for the evo right now. If you can get gapps and contact sync to work for now id rock it. Lol.
Also the orientation sensor.

Reactions: dwd3885

jfizz88

Mar 4, 2009
BOSTON
i just flashed your rom and its nice for an alpha. was on evervolvs previously. they have contact sync working and gapps, but it breaks the screen animation. i think you guys should compare and see what the difference in code is

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
I know you said your not gonna really work on this by yourself but honestly this is the fastest port for the evo right now. If you can get gapps and contact sync to work for now id rock it. Lol.
Also the orientation sensor.

Deffinitley agree. This is the best gingerbread rom available right now. If gapps and sync worked i would use this as my daily for sure. I really wish u ( bcnice ) would consider to keep working on this one.

G1toEVO4G

Apr 26, 2010
New York City
dude this rom is great for an alpha. if we get the contacts sync and camera working anytime soon i will be running this for a very long time

evohog

Jun 17, 2010
sahuarita,az
i wish the threads would have been merged here. this rom is by far the best one. smoother faster and just looks better. just saying.

bcnice20

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2009
south va.
Added my latest build with working cam and white screen issues fixed till the original post gets updated si this doesnt get lost

Sent from my Full Android using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.1

Thanks
    Massive thanks goes out to the entire cyanogenmod team!! Many fixes in this rom and thanks to them
    big thanks to preludedrew for generally being awesome
    echo for his helping in pointing me to the correct camera.apk
    Huge thanks to tpyoknig for the additional hosting!!!!
    and every dev here on XDA!!!!​

Changelog:

Beta 4:
    • Moved all Gapps from rom to addon pack
    • fixed mms receive
    • fixed screen off animation
    • much snappier system
    • root perms should be 100% now
    • added 3n1 reboot options from CM

Beta 3:
    • 8mp cam fix
    • Browser fc fix
    • Autobright fix
    • Mms (maybe i could easily fix this by switching out pdu parser and pdu persister but i want to build it into the source itself im difficult i kno :-/ )

what doesnt work:
    • Front cam
    • 4g of course
    • hdmi
    • Video rec.
    • Gps (Wireless location works)

Quick faq:
    Q: Why doesnt my app work
    A: it hasnt been updated for gingerbread

Q: why the green icons??
    A: simple because i like :p

Q: how can i enable all dls?
    A: dl astro go to settings and check enable all downloads.

Q: wifi isnt working??
    A: yes its is turn wifi hotspot on then off then try or simply flash a diff kernel.

Downloads:

ROM:
    Beta 4

Mirror

beta4 mirror thanks to xhazyx

Addons:

GAPPS

Cm Kernels Github?

main.png
    statusbar.png
    reboot.png
    Just uploaded to megaupload:

megaupload.com/?d=4DVPZVE9
    Ill fix mms soon as im home if its setup the same as froyo its a easy fix

Sent from my Full Android using Tapatalk
    Ok appear to have root permissions fixed still not sure why auto rotation isnt working gunna try couple more things then upload wht i have
    ok i gotta few ideas switchin up the location of the egl libs and such we'll see wht happens