Note 10+ SM-N975F/DS very very HARD BRICK --- Advice?

Search This thread

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid
After years of flashing roms (and lurking here, especially DrKetan´s thread), I hard bricked my brand new SM-N975F. When I power it on, it goes to the screen that tells me the bootloader is unlocked, then to a welcome screen, and that is where it stays. (see pics).

I have tried the following:

1) All possible hardware combinations. (I tried at least 100 times all combinations between the keys): always the same.
2) Odin3 does not detect the phone in either screen.
3) Samsung Tool 300K does not detect the phone.
4) ADB does not detect the phone. (adb devices comes empty)

I am about to get a hammer and wreck the little guy, but I decided to ask you first.

Any ideas?

20191229-181111403.jpg

20191229-181352903.jpg

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
i think if u post what firmware u was and what did u flashed or what u did ,,, its better that maybe someone can help

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid
i think if u post what firmware u was and what did u flashed or what u did ,,, its better that maybe someone can help

Thank you! I was on stock ROM (Q), with an unlocked bootloader. I was flashing TWRP for Android Q with Odin. It "Pass"ed, and when I rebooted it bricked. Tried every key combination, I can´t get into download mode and the phone is not recognized when connected to the laptop. Tried several cables, too.

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
Thank you! I was on stock ROM (Q), with an unlocked bootloader. I was flashing TWRP for Android Q with Odin. It "Pass"ed, and when I rebooted it bricked. Tried every key combination, I can´t get into download mode and the phone is not recognized when connected to the laptop. Tried several cables, too.
i think ur fault was when u let it reboot / u must after odin twrp forced to reboot to custom twrp recovery and do as i think format data , well never root my samsung mobiles 3 years ago , i advice u to be cool + send private msg to dr ketan to get help OR if u have telegrams u can join many group and i know u will get help.
iam out of telegram 1 years ago too so i dont know any groups for n10+ .
try first dr ketan by pm him and wait till anyone read here and help

Reactions: dk1965

ziotom2

Jul 22, 2008
Milano
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
you should put the phone in download mode and reflash stock from odin.

reboot [down+pwr] when the screen shut down immediately put the usb cable in the phone usb port (the other already in the port of the pc) keeping the vol down till enters in download mode.

you cannot flash just the twrp partition, you have to flash the disable verity check as well. otherwise the bootloader dont't allow the bootstrap as the integrity check fails.

follow the dr.ketan instructions (carefully).

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid

reboot [down+pwr] when the screen shut down immediately put the usb cable in the phone usb port (the other already in the port of the pc) keeping the vol down till enters in download mode.

you cannot flash just the twrp partition, you have to flash the disable verity check as well. otherwise the bootloader dont't allow the bootstrap as the integrity check fails.

Thank you! I tried Dr Ketan´s instructions, but no matter how hard I try, I can´t get to the download mode. I followed your instructions but the phone does not go to download mode, it just shows the "bootloader modified" screen, then the other one. Odin (nor Samsung Tool 300K) do not recognize the phone at any time, not even for a second, so I can´t flash anything to it.

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid
Sm-n975f hard brick - solved

I hard bricked my SMN975F by uploading the wrong TWRP. The bootloader was already unlocked, but the new TWRP for Q bricked it.

I solved it by sending the phone to a Samsung repair shop. It took them 24 hours (and about 70 dollars), but they were able to flash the bootloader, and the stock Q rom.

Moral of the story: if your Note 10+ is hard bricked, there is a solution. You can try the advice given to me above by these useful members, but if that fails do not toss the phone. Go to a Samsung service store, and they will be able to fix it. Thank you all for their help!

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
I hard bricked my SMN975F by uploading the wrong TWRP. The bootloader was already unlocked, but the new TWRP for Q bricked it.

I solved it by sending the phone to a Samsung repair shop. It took them 24 hours (and about 70 dollars), but they were able to flash the bootloader, and the stock Q rom.

Moral of the story: if your Note 10+ is hard bricked, there is a solution. You can try the advice given to me above by these useful members, but if that fails do not toss the phone. Go to a Samsung service store, and they will be able to fix it. Thank you all for their help!
happy they solve it but let me be honest with u , in my country LEBANON middle east i KNOW and more knowledge than SAMSUNG'S guys inside , some small questions they wasent able to answer....so u are lucky guys that in ur country they are good knowledge to fix....
happy new year and keep enjoy ur n10+

PR_Grim

Aug 3, 2012
Toa Baja
I know you said you tried 100 times, different combinations, by any chance was this - Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby / Power buttons. - one of them? It should boot into recovery mode not download mode. I had a similar issue, I had to try and try until I was able to get into recovery, from there did wipe data/factory reset several time, and then select reboot to bootloader, then flash the latest firmware(since you probably wont know which booltloader you have on it). Also remember to used the recommended Odin by the XDA team.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Try following alternate way.

- Turn Off Phone, if unable to turn off, wait till battery drain and off itself.
- Press and hold the Volume up and the Power keys at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
- This will bring you to Recovery Screen.
- Use Volume Up and Down Button to Navigate and choose Reboot to bootloader by pressing the power button.
- You are now at Download Mode.

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid
Note 10+ SM-N975F/DS very very HARD BRICK --- Advice?

Try following alternate way.

- Turn Off Phone, if unable to turn off, wait till battery drain and off itself.
- Press and hold the Volume up and the Power keys at the same time for 3-4 seconds.
- This will bring you to Recovery Screen.
- Use Volume Up and Down Button to Navigate and choose Reboot to bootloader by pressing the power button.
- You are now at Download Mode.

Thank you for your feedback. I had tried that, but the recovery screen did not come up. The method you suggest will work for most cases, but in my case I had screwed up the recovery itself by flashing the wrong TWRP.

Moral of the story: do not flash the wrong TWRP, because it may corrupt your recovery, and then getting to download mode is a lot more complicated.

dk1965

Dec 29, 2019
Madrid
You f##ked it real good but not a hard brick as far as I'm aware. (I may be wrong)

Hard brick is only fixable with a new motherboard.

Well done on getting it sorted and that's great service from sammy

I agree with you, real good. It may not be a complete hard brick, as the repair guys did not open the phone nor changed the motherboard. Still, it was as bad as a soft brick can get....

kambizm

Oct 20, 2014
Samsung Smart Switch

As far as I know, Samsung Smart Switch is the only method to recover your phone. Download it on your pc. Launch the app and connect your phone. Choose to recover bricked phone.

finshan

Jan 17, 2018
I bricked about 8 different phones with the new A/B thing before I learned TWRP doesn't work and the fix was to flash the stock boot.img to both partitions with:

./fastboot flash boot --slot all <nameofboot.img>

vs|porkchop

Feb 4, 2013
I have the same issue

Guys I solved it. I pressed Volume down + Power, as soon as the screen turned off I quickly pressed Volume up +Volume down as I inserted the cable and voila! Download mode. Now I can reflash stock firmware

That was a very close call.

Last edited:

rypz79

Apr 27, 2013
Ramat-Gan
Plz delete

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Guys I solved it. I pressed Volume down + Power, as soon as the screen turned off I quickly pressed Volume up +Volume down as I inserted the cable and voila! Download mode. Now I can reflash stock firmware

YEAH you saved my ass!!!
Thank you wherever your are :victory:
God bless you :angel:

Last edited:
Reactions: winol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same issue

Hi,
    FWIW none of the methods above are the correct ones to get into recovery mode which is why you couldn’t get in.
    The Combination is simply shut down your phone, hold both Bol up and volume down and plug in the cable the other end must be plugged in into your computer

If you can’t shutdown then press vol down and the side key and hold 7 seconds it will reboot, as soon as it turns of quickly hold both vol keys down and plug in the cable. Speed is of the essence here as it is a very short window between shut down and startup in which you have to insert the data cable.

Let me see if plugging in the cable when charging does the trick too I’ll try right now and post in a few minutes. I am adding this here because people will search for the stuck on boot screen and come here and will get the wrong info given here to no avail. No one has mentioned this here, so I thought I’ll do my bit to lessen some of the heartache when your $1000 plus device isn’t working when it is hardly a month or a few months old. Mods can delete this if it is superfluous. This info is given in other topics here but this one needs it specifically.

Ok doing it with the cable plugged in the charger doesn’t work
    i think ur fault was when u let it reboot / u must after odin twrp forced to reboot to custom twrp recovery and do as i think format data , well never root my samsung mobiles 3 years ago , i advice u to be cool + send private msg to dr ketan to get help OR if u have telegrams u can join many group and i know u will get help.
    iam out of telegram 1 years ago too so i dont know any groups for n10+ .
    try first dr ketan by pm him and wait till anyone read here and help

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (sm-n975f) stuck in Odin USERDATA>userdata.img​

Yesterday evening, after downloading the official firmware from sammobile.com, installing the samsung driver, activating OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode, I started to flash the firmware with the latest version Odin. It gave md5 error while loading the AP file on Odin. When I searched on the net, it was said to just delete the md5 extension of this file and try again. So I did that and the firmware started to load normally. When the green line was near the end, it stayed there for about 10 minutes. I was in a hurry too. I disconnected the phone from the PC so I could reinstall it at home.

But the phone gave the warning "An erorr has occured while updating the device software". Neither download nor recovery mode was available.

Smart Switch did not see the phone. When I tried to reinstall with Odin, the green line under the Odin USERDATA text got stuck towards the end, although there was no line or movement on the phone. No movement for 15-20 minutes. What should I do and what is the outcome of this situation? I would appreciate it if experienced, expert people share information. Thank you in advance. I am waiting.