[RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.3.2 for Xperia ZL (Stock Kernel) [20130516]

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
This is a CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.3.2 for Xperia ZL​

Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

[ info ]

This Recovery is built from CWM 6.0.3.2 sources! There have been some changes made to get this working on stock kernel of Xperia :)

I didnt have this device with me so testing has been done by users...

this would not have been possible without the device sources by FreeXperia Team! thank you guys for your commitment to development of Xperia devices and CONGRATULATIONS for getting CM10.1 booting on this device so fast! awesome devs!

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
  • CyanogenMod and FreeXperia Team (especially jerpelea) for too many things :)
  • lilstevie & Dees_Troy for their hack to get recovery working properly on 3.4 kernel!
  • ME for creating this for u guys!

[ Requirements ]

• Bootloader unlocked
  • working fastboot
  • STOCK ROM FW: 10.1.A.1.350 / 10.1.A.1.434 / 10.1.1.A.1.253 or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE

[ features ]

1. standard CWM recovery 6.0.3.2!
  2. recovery now supports internal storage!
  3. internal storage (datamedia) mounted to /sdcard while external card is mounted as /external_sd
  4. you can now flash files from internal storage
  5. you can take backups onto the internal storage (might not be compatible with CM10.1)
  6. TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

[ WARNING ]

THIS RECOVERY IS STILL IN TESTING... MAKE SURE THAT U HAVE UR COMPLETE DATA BACKED-UP (INCLUDING INTERNAL STORAGE/SDCARD DATA)

THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR STOCK ROM FW or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE...

[ known issues ]

1. USB storage doesnt mount in recovery (can be fixed, i think)
  2. do not use this for flashing CM10.1 (u will need to use the CM kernel for that)

[ how to flash this ] (if provided file is in .IMG format)

If a ZIP files is provided then extract the boot.img from the ZIP and use following procedure

1. download the advanced stock kernel (contains recovery)
  2. reboot device into fastboot mode
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  3. now flash the recovery using
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot kernel.img
    [where kernel.img is the name of the file image u downloaded]
  4. thats it!

[ how to flash this ] (if provided file is in .ZIP format)

This is recovery flashable and assumes that u have recovery (for unlocked bootloader) already installed

1. download the advanced stock kernel (contains recovery) ZIP and place it on sdcard
  2. reboot device into recovery
  3. now flash the ZIP file containing the advanced stock kernel
  4. thats it!

[ how to enter recovery ]

when you see the Sony logo and the LED light turns pink/amber/orange keep tapping/pressing VOLUME UP key

[ sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_device_sony_odin

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR, REDISTRIBUTE, REPACK MY FILES

NEW:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v4 (FW: 10.1.1.A.1.253) [changelog]
MD5HASH: 0cf4562cecfd699c328e7611e502a01b

OLD:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v3 (FW: 10.1.A.1.434)
MD5HASH: 179ad2b39d6e77e5ea0e53c943e039c9

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery (FW: 10.1.A.1.434)
MD5HASH: fcf4f82740ed1879a91b9bfe3297fbe3

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 (FW: 10.1.A.1.350)
MD5HASH: bfe948d420e3b1a74e39ca36445cad5f

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!

Last edited:

shivindera

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Hey DoomLord could you also release a recovery for locked bootloaders... krabapple was making one but he locked the thread because he directly copied your code or something... So could you please then make one for us (CWM or TWRP)
Thanks in advance!!!

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hey DoomLord could you also release a recovery for locked bootloaders... krabapple was making one but he locked the thread because he directly copied your code or something... So could you please then make one for us (CWM or TWRP)
Thanks in advance!!!

i am busy with exams so dont have much time to work on this...

i have spoken to krabappel2548 about releasing a version for locked bootloaders...

Reactions: k0nko87

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Re: [RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.2.8 for Xperia ZL (Stock Kernel) [20130315]

Thanks a lot man... Just been worried that zl is being overshadowed by z.... Also, if we have recovery (when u release it) and root available for locked bootloaders... then is it possible that we can flash roms especially CM 10.1???

CM10.1 won't work, it needs modified kernel.

And I'm sorry for the release delay, was quite busy lat days with personal life, girlfriend and school etc. Release should be tomorrow :)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: shivindera

anirudh412

May 29, 2009
New Delhi
Oh man! I am so fu**ed!!

I unlocked my bootloader and proceeded to download this kernel and flash it. It so happens that just 1.6MB of it got downloaded and I flashed it by mistake. After which I disconnected the cable and pressed the power button. The device gave one short vibrate and thats it!

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IT CAN BE REVIVED!! I am new to Xperia devices and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do now :crying:

EDIT1: Alright, so I pressed and held down the small button underneath the buttflap for about 10 seconds and connected my phone to the PC in fastboot mode. If I just redownload the advanced stock kernel and flash it, would it work?

Also, does anyone have a mirror to the said kernel? The link in the OP seems to be glitchy

EDIT2: FIXED!! Just redownloaded the advkernel with recovery, rechecked hash and flahed in fastboot. phew!!

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Oh man! I am so fu**ed!!

I unlocked my bootloader and proceeded to download this kernel and flash it. It so happens that just 1.6MB of it got downloaded and I flashed it by mistake. After which I disconnected the cable and pressed the power button. The device gave one short vibrate and thats it!

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IT CAN BE REVIVED!! I am new to Xperia devices and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do now :crying:

EDIT1: Alright, so I pressed and held down the small button underneath the buttflap for about 10 seconds and connected my phone to the PC in fastboot mode. If I just redownload the advanced stock kernel and flash it, would it work?

Also, does anyone have a mirror to the said kernel? The link in the OP seems to be glitchy

EDIT2: FIXED!! Just redownloaded the advkernel with recovery, rechecked hash and flahed in fastboot. phew!!

always check MD5hash of the downloaded file... thats why i always include MD5hash of file so that file integrity can be checked

Reactions: anirudh412

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
if u guys need newer advanced stock kernel for firmware .434 then please send me the kernel.sin from that firmware FTF...

shivindera

May 29, 2012
Amsterdam
Will send it to you... Check your PM in 10 mins :D

EDIT - Will do it in the morning... At home so lights out by 12 :( :'(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.3.2 for Xperia ZL​

Credits and special thanks to Koush and everyone else involved in Cyanogenmod project!​

[ info ]

This Recovery is built from CWM 6.0.3.2 sources! There have been some changes made to get this working on stock kernel of Xperia :)

I didnt have this device with me so testing has been done by users...

this would not have been possible without the device sources by FreeXperia Team! thank you guys for your commitment to development of Xperia devices and CONGRATULATIONS for getting CM10.1 booting on this device so fast! awesome devs!

[ credits / special thanks ]

• Koush - for the brilliant work & coding on CWM recovery
    • CyanogenMod and FreeXperia Team (especially jerpelea) for too many things :)
    • lilstevie & Dees_Troy for their hack to get recovery working properly on 3.4 kernel!
    • ME for creating this for u guys!

[ Requirements ]

• Bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • STOCK ROM FW: 10.1.A.1.350 / 10.1.A.1.434 / 10.1.1.A.1.253 or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE

[ features ]

1. standard CWM recovery 6.0.3.2!
    2. recovery now supports internal storage!
    3. internal storage (datamedia) mounted to /sdcard while external card is mounted as /external_sd
    4. you can now flash files from internal storage
    5. you can take backups onto the internal storage (might not be compatible with CM10.1)
    6. TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

[ WARNING ]

THIS RECOVERY IS STILL IN TESTING... MAKE SURE THAT U HAVE UR COMPLETE DATA BACKED-UP (INCLUDING INTERNAL STORAGE/SDCARD DATA)

THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR STOCK ROM FW or ROMS BASED ON THAT FIRMWARE...

[ known issues ]

1. USB storage doesnt mount in recovery (can be fixed, i think)
    2. do not use this for flashing CM10.1 (u will need to use the CM kernel for that)

[ how to flash this ] (if provided file is in .IMG format)

If a ZIP files is provided then extract the boot.img from the ZIP and use following procedure

1. download the advanced stock kernel (contains recovery)
    2. reboot device into fastboot mode
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    3. now flash the recovery using
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.img
      [where kernel.img is the name of the file image u downloaded]
    4. thats it!

[ how to flash this ] (if provided file is in .ZIP format)

This is recovery flashable and assumes that u have recovery (for unlocked bootloader) already installed

1. download the advanced stock kernel (contains recovery) ZIP and place it on sdcard
    2. reboot device into recovery
    3. now flash the ZIP file containing the advanced stock kernel
    4. thats it!

[ how to enter recovery ]

when you see the Sony logo and the LED light turns pink/amber/orange keep tapping/pressing VOLUME UP key

[ sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_device_sony_odin

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download links ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR, REDISTRIBUTE, REPACK MY FILES

NEW:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v4 (FW: 10.1.1.A.1.253) [changelog]
    MD5HASH: 0cf4562cecfd699c328e7611e502a01b

OLD:

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v3 (FW: 10.1.A.1.434)
    MD5HASH: 179ad2b39d6e77e5ea0e53c943e039c9

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery (FW: 10.1.A.1.434)
    MD5HASH: fcf4f82740ed1879a91b9bfe3297fbe3

Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 (FW: 10.1.A.1.350)
    MD5HASH: bfe948d420e3b1a74e39ca36445cad5f

icon8.gif

enjoy!!!
    updated recovery to CWM 6.0.3.0!

download links at first post!

cheers!
    Will the current recovery kernal (.253) work on the new 4.2.2 firmware ?

no it wont...

i will soon post one for the 4.2.2 update :)
    Advanced Stock Kernel v04 released!

Changelog:

1. updated to stock firmware 10.1.1.A.1.253 kernel
    2. fixed LED while in recovery
    3. updated to latest CWM 6.0.3.2! with patches upto May 13, 2013

PLEASE DO TEST OUT and let me know!

Download link at first post!

enjoy!