[Q] Prevent WIFI to connect to unsecured networks

Search This thread

alexrojas1

Apr 1, 2010
My HTC One M8 phone keeps disconnecting from my secure Wi-Fi network at home and connects to an unsecure Wi-Fi network from one of my neighbors, even when my secure network signal shows as stronger than the unsecure one.

I already flag my phone to block the unsecure Wi-Fi network notification, but my phone is still connecting to it.

I just can not find a way to stop it.

Could you please help me

Thanks
Alex Rojas

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
My HTC One M8 phone keeps disconnecting from my secure Wi-Fi network at home and connects to an unsecure Wi-Fi network from one of my neighbors, even when my secure network signal shows as stronger than the unsecure one.

I already flag my phone to block the unsecure Wi-Fi network notification, but my phone is still connecting to it.

I just can not find a way to stop it.

Could you please help me

Thanks
Alex Rojas

Go into your list of Wi-Fi connections and press and hold the unsecured connection and an option to forget it should appear. Once you've forgotten it it shouldn't reconnect to it without you specifically telling to. I don't believe android ever connects to any network you haven't previously selected but I may be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

alexrojas1

Apr 1, 2010
no such an option

Go into your list of Wi-Fi connections and press and hold the unsecured connection and an option to forget it should appear. Once you've forgotten it it shouldn't reconnect to it without you specifically telling to. I don't believe android ever connects to any network you haven't previously selected but I may be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you vey much for your help

Unfortunately the option to forget the unsecure WiFi is not there

The only options shown are

CONNECT TO NETWORK
OR
UNBLOCK NETWORK NOTIFICATION

Thanks again for your willing to help

Alex

alexrojas1

Apr 1, 2010
Found the option to "FOGET NETWORK"

I just find out you need to actually be connected to that network for "FORGET NETWORK" option to be displayed.

I remember done that in the past, anyway I did it again, but the unsecure network is still displaying as available.

I will keep monitoring the behavior and let you know,

Thanks again for all your help

Alex