Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader

Search This thread

ill-dill

Jan 16, 2011
Does all the above mean that CM11 for P6 should work with our HAM? IF anyone done this could u plz confirm ! Thnx !

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
Hi,
I can't flash [ROM][JB4.2.2][HAM][ HYD52ROM V5] [Superfast,Stable][V5 7-02-14]
from TWRP 2.6.3.2 . Everythings go right but on reboot the device never end logo.
I need to relock bootloader and start again whit dload. I have tryed flashing same zip from tmp recovery on locked and everything is working. i will to know if is a rom problem or twrp or unlocked bootloader.Also i have try buckup from HYD52ROM V5 whit twpr 2.6.3.2 and restore rom, after a factory reset, but was a id mismatching and no user app.
I will try to unlock and no permanent twpr, but use a cwm tmp whats happen. i will report

Edit: whit unlocked bootloader and tmp twrp
2.6.3.0 from sordu_petru recovery flash of same zip ad no problem.

Hi !

Just tested the flash of this rom from permanent twrp , and it worked fine (flash process). I was using B221 with my compiled kernel , but the rom installer does not flash boot. After reboot from twrp there was only bootanimation screen. The adb dropped the following errors which prevents the phone from boot up fully.
02-14 18:10:29.284: E/liboverlay(132): setOverlayInformation: overlay GET failed
02-14 18:10:29.284: E/liboverlay(132): startControlChannel: setOverlayInformation failed!
02-14 18:10:29.284: E/liboverlay(132): startChannel, startControlChannel for fb0 channel0 failed
02-14 18:10:29.284: E/liboverlay(132): createOverlayCompose: startChannel id=0 err!
02-14 18:10:29.284: E/v_hwc(132): overlay_compose_prepare: createOverlayCompose (0) failed
02-14 18:10:29.284: D/v_hwc(132): overlay_compose_prepare error!!!
02-14 18:10:29.308: D/DisplayMetrics(2174): getDeviceDensity: 264

After more deep tests , This rom needs 4.2 boot.img . The root problem of your failed flash was /data/media. The installer script does not create it , while the rom needs it . tmp twrp creates this folder as normaly devices using /data/media as internal sd and a fuse daemon emulates fat filesystem from that folder , but our device uses /data/share. Permanent twrp was modified to use correctly the internal sd path (/data/share instead of /data/media) . When twrp started it creates a twrp folder on internal sd , in tmp twrp it is created in /data/media/twrp while permanent twrp creates it as /data/share/twrp .

Last edited:
I had problems with unlocking bootloader in stock ROM, the bl didn'n t unlocked after lot tries. So I decided to use an other stock rom, B907, and after I tried to unlock again, and it worked like a charm. So if someone have the same problem, try this way, probably it works. And a lot of thanks for you, joe.stone, you are one of the people who make our device better and better.

Reactions: shawshank61

Whookid

Jun 10, 2011
Good news! Did anyone manage to unlock the Ascend P6's bootloader using this method? If so, sharing is caring <3

shawshank61

Account currently disabled
Jul 6, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
tnx my HAM B907 Is now unlock with your job ;) now i'm going to test flashing kk beta on my HAM and report feedback

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

tnx my HAM B907 Is now unlock with your job ;) now i'm going to test flashing kk beta on my HAM and report feedback

huggy_72

Aug 29, 2008
Bologna

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Already done...Touch Drivers don't work . you will also flash twpr recovery for KK 2.6.3.7 whit HAM touch drivers and jb recovery-kernel for flashing custom KK rom

FROM http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50466294&postcount=269

87insane

Feb 6, 2009
Good news! Did anyone manage to unlock the Ascend P6's bootloader using this method? If so, sharing is caring <3

i wanted it but can not find time for it. Do you have results?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-U06

Last edited:

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
First post updated with two packages that restore the original efi , fastboot and recovery partition. Use the package matches your original firmware. e.g if you unlocked with b907 use b907 package.
It resolves the problem , when stock recovery is flashed and a stock rom flash is started with dload method it stucks at the begining. After this package dload method works as expected.

calabia2000

Jul 3, 2008
Phone Hangs

Hi guys,

I have the following problem, the phone hangs after restart to install TWRP. I left it like 30 minutes to see if the process take long but it did not work. I attached the screenshot of the issue. I used B907 and B221 with the same results. What can i do?

HAM
2GB RAM
8GB ROM

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 574

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
Hi guys,

I have the following problem, the phone hangs after restart to install TWRP. I left it like 30 minutes to see if the process take long but it did not work. I attached the screenshot of the issue. I used B907 and B221 with the same results. What can i do?

HAM
2GB RAM
8GB ROM

Thanks.

Try to plug your phone to another USB port. Try to manually flash twrp2_6_3_3.img with fastboot . Try the process on another computer . Try to remove and reinstall USB drivers.

Reactions: calabia2000

theoppositeman

Feb 10, 2012
KK
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Google Pixel 3
Calabia2000.
So its seems you too has this windows 8 problem. Guess windows 8 a bit complicated when we're dealing with fastbooting and flashing android.
I myself dont know how to do things with windows 8 when dealing with android phones so i get back to my windows xp.

T28#HOX

kiffschwein

Jun 4, 2005
Austria
i can confirm that unlocking the bootloader doesnt work on B221!
the first error i got at starting the prog on win7 x64, it always cried around cuz it didnt find unlock.bat at Temp folder,but no problem - i extracted the prog with winrar, so i got a folder with all files in it (e.g.: adb.exe, fastboot.exe, twrp.img, etc.). than i ren cmd out of the folder, after flashing everything the fastboot oem get-bootinfo says this:
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]
finished. total time: 0.566s

i think i´d have to downgrade to B907, to get the bootloader unlocked, right? is it hard to downgrade? or np?

but, i also have read in another forum that the bootloader of the ham mt1-u06 shouldnt be locked from stock, looks like this is just an incorrect information as we can c.

greetz mike

acbka

Feb 16, 2013
Минск
the first error i got at starting the prog on win7 x64, it always cried around cuz it didnt find unlock.bat at Temp folder,but no problem - i extracted the prog with winrar, so i got a folder with all files in it (e.g.: adb.exe, fastboot.exe, twrp.img, etc.). than i ren cmd out of the folder, after flashing everything the fastboot oem get-bootinfo says this:
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]

i think i´d have to downgrade to B907, to get the bootloader unlocked, right? is it hard to downgrade? or np?

but, i also have read in another forum that the bootloader of the ham mt1-u06 shouldnt be locked from stock, looks like this is just an incorrect information as we can c.

greetz mike

fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

joe.stone

Jul 28, 2010
(bootloader) locked
OKAY [ 0.565s]

greetz mike

B907 is an upgrade as it is Android 4.2 while B221 is the stock Android 4.1.
The whole process was tested on my phone with B221 rom and on a win8.1 computer. I have no idea why some people succeed on B221 while others not and can unlock only on B907.
On a stock phone when you start the dload method its lock state is displayed with yellow characters. On my phone it showed This phone is in locked state.

Reactions: theoppositeman

darkado

May 30, 2008
I tried unlocking my HAM's bootloader on stock 4.1.2, b907 and hyd52rom and cmd returns bootloader status as locked every time. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my P6-U06

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide to unlock Huawei Ascend Mate bootloader
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.EVERYTHING WRITTEN IN THIS DOCUMENT WAS TESTED ON MY PHONE.

After playing with my Mate I found a way to unlock the locked bootloader. If your bootloader is unlocked you can flash custom kernel , recovery to your phone.
    The files used to unlock the bootloader is from P6 KitKat firmware. These two files are for efi and fastboot partition. Flashing only these partitions can avoid problems with mismatching modem firmware. The process was tested on official B221 firmware , but should work with any firmware. Reflashing a stock firmware(as I know there are only firmwares for Mate only with locked bootloader) with dload will relock the bootloader.
    Unlocking process need proper adb and fastboot drivers installed. I use this driver :Huawei handset drivers for windows

Guide in pdf format

If your adb and fastboot drivers are correct you can start unlocking the bootloader.
    If you want to unlock the bootloader and install Twrp recovery use this package :Bootloader unlock with TWRP install
    Bootloader unlock with TWRP install mirror

This way powering on your phone with volume up button hold TWRP recovery comes up instead of stock 3e recovery. If you want to use the dload method to install a stock rom you have to restore the stock recovery.
    Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery
    Stock B221 fastboot flashable recovery mirror
    The other package just unlocks the bootloader .Bootloader unlock.
    Bootloader unlock mirror.
    Turn on USB debugging on your phone (settings->developer settings)
    Start the package.
    File extraction starts.
    Command prompt window should appear.
    Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
    Efi partition is flashed.
    Fastboot partition is flashed.
    Your phone restarts in bootloader mode.
    Your bootloader state is displayed. (should say bootloader unlocked)
    Your phone restart in normal mode.

This is what the packages do :
    .\adb wait-for-device
    .\adb reboot bootloader
    .\fastboot flash efi efi.img
    .\fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
    .\fastboot reboot-bootloader
    timeout 2
    .\fastboot oem get-bootinfo
    timeout 10

If it says your bootloader is still locked you can try the following:

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If you want to restore stock rom and recovery here are the packages.
    Recovery restore package for B221
    Recovery restore package for B907

These packages restores the original efi and fastboot partition and then restores the stock recovery. These packages do the opposite as the unlock bootloader , however my phone stayed unlocked. Also this package solves the problem when the stock recovery stuck at the begining when trying to flash a stock rom using dload method.

WARNING:If you plan to flash a rom not made for Mate , always check that it does not overwrite other partitions then boot, system, data, cust. If the install package reflash the modem do not install it as it can hard brick your device.
    For updated versions of permanent TWRP recovery check my thread here
    Thanks to surdu_petru for the initial device tree to compile twrp.
    HAM finally unlocked.
    Looking forward for testing Compatible Roms.
    Any suggestions highly appreciatable.

Thinking of trying P6 roms but not sure if theyre compatible

T28@HAM

I think every p6 JB ROM will compitable just you have to change dpi in build.prop

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app
    unlocked bootloader will be easier to carry kitkat HAM??

Yes, KitKat will be more easily to port on HAM !
    You can unlock your phone using any rom. The only thing is needed turned on usb debugging. Of course the drivers on your pc should be installed .
    After unlock check my other thread and update your permanent twrp to 2.6.3.2.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app
    Hi, all the links in the main page are broken.
    Could someone fix them? Thanks

https://mega.co.nz/#F!H4l3kCbI!kuokaILcD9KJSK9TS_VMxw

This is my old MT1-U06 stuff. Still working but no longer maintained. Hope this helps.