adbLink v6.0

Search This thread

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Just wanted to post an update on my issue. Re installed SMPC 16.4.2 from scratch, rescanned everything again last night watched movies & played music as normal. Today booted up AFTV to find the Music tracks have been dropped from GUI, had to rescan all over again (over an hour) used adblink to update to 16.5.2, hoping for a fix, but now SPMC no longer boots again, only to black screen. I give up.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Just wanted to post an update on my issue. Re installed SMPC 16.4.2 from scratch, rescanned everything again last night watched movies & played music as normal. Today booted up AFTV to find the Music tracks have been dropped from GUI, had to rescan all over again (over an hour) used adblink to update to 16.5.2, hoping for a fix, but now SPMC no longer boots again, only to black screen. I give up.

It's not been a good weekend for you :(

I just installed SPMC 16.5.2 on an AFTV2, scanned the movies off my NAS, then moved the data to /storage/sdcard1. It's working fine, I'll re-check it periodically, and report back tomorrow.

Reactions: christoophat

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
It's not been a good weekend for you :(

I just installed SPMC 16.5.2 on an AFTV2, scanned the movies off my NAS, then moved the data to /storage/sdcard1. It's working fine, I'll re-check it periodically, and report back tomorrow.
Does yours have the same FireOS (5.2.4.0)? I'm trying to figure out what is changed from before, when everything was working just fine.
Appreciate your help, this is way beyond the scope of adblink.:good:

Dec 1, 2016
Hi Jocala,

So, I've been playing around with 2.07, especially the multiple apk installs, but simultaneously when connected to multiple devices...
So when I used 2.05, I was able to install single apk files simultaneously to multiple devices and it always worked, but with 2.07, I've noticed that sometimes it gives the notification to say apk(s) installed but when I check the devices, it's not always installed on every device or it has only installed 1 of the 2 apks on some of the devices while the rest might have both of the apks installed

Not sure why this happens, at first I thought I didn't select each device or didnt select both apks when choosing the apk files but I repeated the procedure a couple times and the same happened, any ideas?

I might do further tests or just install 2.05 but hoping you can shine some light on the issue...

LilSnoop4O

Jul 2, 2014
Good morning, i bought the Mi Box for a friend this weekend. after installing Kodi via the google play store i wanted to restore from backup using adbLink. i put the box into developer mode and all that. but i couldn't get it to connect to the box. any ideas how to make this connect, i didn't have any issues using adbLink on any Firestick, FireTV or Nvidia Shield. i even tried hooking a usb from the Mi Box to my pc like you need to do for the Nvidia Shield but had no luck. please advise.

Thanks

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Good morning, i bought the Mi Box for a friend this weekend. after installing Kodi via the google play store i wanted to restore from backup using adbLink. i put the box into developer mode and all that. but i couldn't get it to connect to the box. any ideas how to make this connect, i didn't have any issues using adbLink on any Firestick, FireTV or Nvidia Shield. i even tried hooking a usb from the Mi Box to my pc like you need to do for the Nvidia Shield but had no luck. please advise.

Thanks

I responded to your email. I also responded to your post at Kodi.tv :)

Rather than do this in three different places, let's stick to email.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Hi Jocala,

So, I've been playing around with 2.07, especially the multiple apk installs, but simultaneously when connected to multiple devices...
So when I used 2.05, I was able to install single apk files simultaneously to multiple devices and it always worked, but with 2.07, I've noticed that sometimes it gives the notification to say apk(s) installed but when I check the devices, it's not always installed on every device or it has only installed 1 of the 2 apks on some of the devices while the rest might have both of the apks installed

Not sure why this happens, at first I thought I didn't select each device or didnt select both apks when choosing the apk files but I repeated the procedure a couple times and the same happened, any ideas?

I might do further tests or just install 2.05 but hoping you can shine some light on the issue...

I can't reproduce your problem. If you can reproduce the issue please do so, and capture a log showing the apk installation failures.

Last edited:

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Does yours have the same FireOS (5.2.4.0)? I'm trying to figure out what is changed from before, when everything was working just fine.
Appreciate your help, this is way beyond the scope of adblink.:good:

No, my AFTV2 is rooted and running 5.05.

My installation of SPMC is running fine, with data on /storage/sdcard1. No issues with the database dropping tables. Just a thought, I'd try w/o moving data or try with a different card and see if anything changes.

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
No, my AFTV2 is rooted and running 5.05.

My installation of SPMC is running fine, with data on /storage/sdcard1. No issues with the database dropping tables. Just a thought, I'd try w/o moving data or try with a different card and see if anything changes.
Lat night I was finally able to install Kodi 17 beta 6 on it, and so far , it appears to work normally. Haven't moved anything yet from internal, want to make sure it "stays" first. Card is a Samsung EVO 64GB, brand new.
Not a peep from anyone on SPMC github or Kodi forums.
I'm knocking on digital wood here.:eek:

bunklung

Mar 20, 2011
Is there any means to perform a standard ADB backup with this tool? I keep getting a message, "Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.", when I use the backup adb command.

There is no means that have found to enable backup yet. I have even tried Helium and manually running bu:

$ adb shell
shell@jflte:/ $ bu 1 backup -apk app.package.name > /sdcard/backup.ab
shell@jflte:/ $ exit

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Is there any means to perform a standard ADB backup with this tool? I keep getting a message, "Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.", when I use the backup adb command.

There is no means that have found to enable backup yet. I have even tried Helium and manually running bu:

$ adb shell
shell@jflte:/ $ bu 1 backup -apk app.package.name > /sdcard/backup.ab
shell@jflte:/ $ exit

adb backup works for the Nvidia Shield. From the adbLink console:

Code:
adb backup -all -f ./filename.ab

You then have to respond to a prompt on the device itself to activate the backup. It doesn't work for Fire TV devices, unfortunately. You get the "Now unlock..." prompt (which immediately times out), but no matching unlock prompt appears on the device.

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I tried this evening to move the Kodi data over to external SD, but after that it will no longer boot. So for whatever reason that feature of adblink doesn't seem to work on my FireTV2.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I tried this evening to move the Kodi data over to external SD, but after that it will no longer boot. So for whatever reason that feature of adblink doesn't seem to work on my FireTV2.

I'm sorry to hear it. You've posted before several times, last time with the data move working, but with SPMC failing after 24 hrs. Moving data works fine on my devices, and I haven't had any other failure reports. I'll try it again on the new 5.2.4.0 OS release and report back, but I honestly don't expect any problems. It's very straightforward: move data to external SD and write the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file to tell Kodi where the data is located. I don't doubt you're having issues, but I haven't been able to reproduce them.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
I'm sorry to hear it. You've posted before several times, last time with the data move working, but with SPMC failing after 24 hrs. Moving data works fine on my devices, and I haven't had any other failure reports. I'll try it again on the new 5.2.4.0 OS release and report back, but I honestly don't expect any problems. It's very straightforward: move data to external SD and write the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file to tell Kodi where the data is located. I don't doubt you're having issues, but I haven't been able to reproduce them.

christoophat, I just tested adbLink's move data routine with the new 5.2.4.0 OS release and Kodi starts and reads the moved data off the external SD w/o any issues. This was on an unrooted AFTV2.

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
christoophat, I just tested adbLink's move data routine with the new 5.2.4.0 OS release and Kodi starts and reads the moved data off the external SD w/o any issues. This was on an unrooted AFTV2.

Thanks for checking. Yes, I have no explanation as to why it doesn't work the same on my machine, it is a straighforward process. Just wanted to update you, as until I decided to try moving data , it had been working fine since I'd installed it last time. I did notice tonight when doing the data move it seemed to finish very quickly. The other time when I first moved data, it showed the size to be about 2GB, and the process ran for a while. I had rescanned eveything that I had done before after SPMC would no longer boot, so the data folder should also be 2GB in size. The speed in which it completed made me wonder. Also I had to manually delete the xbmc_env.properties using your script method first, since it told me initially that it already existed on the SD card.

AN UPDATE...curiouser and curiouser , so I uninstalled Kodi 17b6 after it would no longer open, then installed beta 7, same result. After uninstalling it, I used ES File Explorer to try & install SPMC 16.4.2 fron the USB drive I had attached to the FTV2. After installing it I went in under Managed Installed Apps & wiped data & cache & then started it. Lo & behold it started! After shutting it down, went to adblink & updated SPMC to latest release 16.5.3. Then back to AFTV2 to wipe data & cache & start app, again it works. Weird...

Last edited:

Farkonian

Mar 12, 2010
jocala - Thank you so much for this awesome tool! I imagine you have already seen this little discrepancy, but just in case: In the help file the WiFi/USB remote is referenced under the entry "Remote" but in the app the button says "Keypad". The mouse-hover tool-tip for this button presents the text "Download and install current stable Kodi". Obviously a very minor issue.

Thank you again for your amazing work on this tool. Happy New Year!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    adbLink is a companion program for Kodi.

It works with Kodi for Windows, Mac,Linux and Android

Global Features

Manage multiple Kodi devices from one PC
    Edit XML and other files on your devices
    Clone Kodi setups to new devices
    Backup/Restore Kodi setups
    Custom Cache Support for Kodi
    Log file viewer for adbLink/Kodi logs
    Hyperlinked HTML Help

Android Features

Install Programs without Android SDK
    ADB/Fastboot enabled command-line
    Busybox for root and non-root
    Built-in WIFI/USB remote
    Move Kodi data to external drives
    Manage devices via USB or IP address
    Root-aware File Manager
    Install/Uninstall Apps

adbLink is available for Windows, macOS and Linux/ChromeOS

http://www.jocala.com
    adbLink 3.6 released

adbLink v 3.6 released

/sdcard, /data/local/tmp, & /storage
    added to presets for file manager

Activity indicator for local restores
    now properly resets when job is done.

File manager checks that preset
    or ad hoc path exists prior to
    directory change via go button.

Android Debug Bridge updated
    Version 1.0.39 - 0.0.1-4500957

File manager updated to work with
    adb v1.0.39

Fastboot updated
    Version 0.0.1-4500957

08/08/22

adbLink 5.1 release

Internal script directory made
    uniform for all architectures.

Terminal selection expanded.
    Preferences now allows you to
    choose Windows Terminal or
    Command Prompt for Windows,
    Terminal or iTerm for macOS,
    and Gnome Terminal, KDE Console
    or XFCE4 Terminal for Linux.

Initial support for Intel ChromeOS.
    Tested with ChromeOS Flex.

adbLink 3.1 released

adbLink 3.1 changelog 05/01/17

The file manager is now root-aware. Perform common file management
    functions (copy,move,rename,mkdir,etc) on the /system and /data
    partitions if your device is rooted.

When upgrading adbLink versions, data is preserved. Tested
    with adbLink 2.04 and up.

The database and log files are now stored in a standard
    directory located in the user's $HOME. Mac users can
    now run adbLink without admin privileges.

The progress bar activity indicator is back.

Devices can be accessed on an ad hoc basis: double-clicking
    a USB serial number or entering an IP address on-the-fly
    allows interaction with the device w/o first creating
    a device record. In this case, Kodi defaults are assumed.

Notification messages: toast-style messages or normal style is
    now a preference, with normal set as default.

A global folder location for files copied from your device
    is set to your system $HOME. Changed to a global location of your
    preference, or overridden by a per-device preference in a
    device record.

Keypad now uses device address as dialog title

Log filename defaults to kodi.log or spmc.log depending on
    configuration

System help updated

New video for adbLink v3.1 will be available later this week.