Charging a US N7 in Europe

Search This thread

khoa156

Sep 7, 2012
Hi Guys!

I am pretty new on this forum, although i have been on xda years ago when i used windows mobile. Now i am proudly owner of a Nexus 7 16gb. I got this pre-ordered on the day Google announced it, and got my sister to bring it to me in the Netherlands. I own a C60, with pretty much no flaws except a very tiny screen lift which doesnt bother me.

Well, I started this topic because of the following:

Since I got the US version, it also came with the US wall charger wich doesnt work in the Netherlands.
Therefore i recently ordered a original EU wall charger to charge my Nexus 7. Charging with my laptop takes forever, wich seems to be a common problem with this nexus. Also other wall chargers don't work (dont show charge, or trickle charge. anyways, it takes forever).

Now i got this US > EU converter thing, so i can also use the US wall charger that came with my Nexus.
Since im now i cant post a picture of this converter, but its the first thing that shows up when u google: us eu converter

Only thing i am concerned about is the voltage. I got this simple converter wich only converts the plug type.
I have been told since im going from US (110v) to EU (220v), there shouldnt be any problems charging it using this converter.

But just to be sure, i would like to hear your opinions :) Is the original US wall charger compatible with 220v?

Thanks a lot!

Bo0bz

Dec 27, 2010
Nijmegen
You will be alright using the adapter. A friend of mine bought the nexus in the US and he uses one of those adapters to convert it to a EU adapter. The flat adapters will work in all of EU the round adapters will sometimes not fit in South European countries like Spain

Sent using my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

khoa156

Sep 7, 2012
Alright thanks!

So it will not be risky to charge with? I know it will charge with the converter, but is it safe for my Nexus?
Im asking this because i have already ordered a original EU Asus wall charger, it is not like i need it desperately to work.
But if i can use both EU and US charger with converter, it would be very convenient for when im not at home.

Bo0bz

Dec 27, 2010
Nijmegen
Alright thanks!

So it will not be risky to charge with? I know it will charge with the converter, but is it safe for my Nexus?
Im asking this because i have already ordered a original EU Asus wall charger, it is not like i need it desperately to work.
But if i can use both EU and US charger with converter, it would be very convenient for when im not at home.

No risk at all. The charger will use the amount of power the nexus 7 needs to safely charge itself.

Sent using my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk