[TUT][Complete] How to flash stock (.Kdz) firmwares on LG p970 [Beginers]

Search This thread

s.bluedreams

Jan 15, 2013
Tehran
Hi LG p970 Users ;)

Here is the Lasest method of flashing .Kdz stock firmwares on your LG P970 !

Step by Step!

Do all Steps and make Sure attent to them!

Let Start ;)

1 - if your phone has less than 30% charge take it to charge till it have More than 30%

2 - Download your phone drivers from Here and install them

3 - Download your desired Stock Firmware from Here (Thanks funhk)

4 - Download This Tool for Converting .Kdz firmwares to .fls & .bin : Download

5 - Place The .Kdz Firmware and Convert tool in a same folder

6 - Run the convertor tool and type "1" and press enter to start converting!
- Note : Converting by this tool have more than 1 Step ! let it to do all of them , Dont CLOSE it before than you see all of this stepe in this picture on your screen !
- Note: in last step you cant add CWM to your kernel , Type "N" and enter , adding CWM may cause of bricking Your device [Tnx diazao]!
- After Complete Converting You have 2 Files ( .bin and . fls)

kHiUQz.png

7 - Download Smart Flash Tool from Here (password : bluedreams) and extract it to any where you want!

8 - This is IMPORTANT step

8,1 - Turn off Phone
8,2 - Make Sure Battery inserted
8,3 - Make Sure Simcard inserted
8,4 - Sd card is not important ;)
8,5 - Hold Vol+ key
8,6 - Plug the USB cable while you are Holding Vol+ key
8,7 - See the " S/W Upgrade " on your phone screen

9 - Run the B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe with administrator rights ( Right click on it and then Run as administrator )

10 - Go to 2nd panel ( ROM copy D/L )

11 - In " Destination Binary File " section :
11,1 - Select .fls file in 1st line!
11,2 - Select .bin file in 2nd line!

12 - In " Select mode " section choose Normall mode

13 - In " Communication Setup " section :

13,1 - If your phone drivers installed correst you can see Com port and Comminucation driver if not those are empty !
13,2 - if you install the drivers in step 2 and it doesnt help
13,3 - connect your intrnet and unplog the phone and eject battery to turning off phone and then insert battery and do step 8
13,4 - and wait for installing drivers from internet
13,5 - check line 13,1 ;)

14 - When you saw Com port and Comminucation driver , can press Start for flashing !

15 - Wait for flashing done , when flashing done phone will restart automaticly !

16 - NOTE : Dont unplog USB cable or turn off your phone or PC or any other work that dissconnects phone from PC untill flashing Done !

17 - This is Very Important Step :D , Press Thanks if i helped you ;)

Last edited:

Habel69

Sep 16, 2013
Hi i just preformed this update on my phone as the lg updater was not working for me infact made my fone unusable... i downloaded uk latest version it install ics 4.0.4 works great expect i have no signal, infact its not registering my sim at all not asking for pin code and not displaying contacts. Any idea how to fix this? thanks

Reactions: lovelybia2

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Hi i just preformed this update on my phone as the lg updater was not working for me infact made my fone unusable... i downloaded uk latest version it install ics 4.0.4 works great expect i have no signal, infact its not registering my sim at all not asking for pin code and not displaying contacts. Any idea how to fix this? thanks

Did you flash your phone, with SIM inserted, or not? Either way, try it tge other way around ;)

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

Habel69

Sep 16, 2013
Did you flash your phone, with SIM inserted, or not? Either way, try it tge other way around ;)

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

I flashed it with the sim card in. The person i bought it off from hong kong has agreed to send a repalcement if i send it back so im going to do this, im just unsure if i dare try update to ICS when i get the new one! im deffinatly not buying an LG phone again

s.bluedreams

Jan 15, 2013
Tehran

i think your phone chipset is not registered with your ****ry operator!

havlaz

Aug 10, 2010
hi, i have a froyo 2.2.2 (v10a) can i use flashtool to flash V30B_12.2012(EU) (ics 4.0.4) ?

geocryss

Oct 31, 2010
minor issue

1. I encountered a minor issue: 1st time I tried to flash, the windows cab expansion utility crashed. I moved the kdz and the extract tool into a folder on desktop and restarted and 2nd time went all ok. maybe it`s something with permissions on my system or a bug in windows cab utility.
2. After flashing all OK and phone rebooting, it takes 10-15 min for the phone to start (just this first time). Don`t do anything, just be patient and wait!

I posted this just for your information, if someone encounters the same problem.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

why is it on the development section?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I think just because it`s not recommended for beginners to start experiencing flashing their phones ;) That way, you have to look "deeper" and have to read and learn some more stuff before pressing START :)

Luther Kraven

Nov 11, 2013
HEEEELP

- Note: in last step you cant add CWM to your kernel , Type "N" and enter , adding CWM may cause of bricking Your device [Tnx diazao]!]

ok i just bricked one because it haved CWM preinstalled. What can I do?:confused:

filzip

Aug 11, 2012
Arlon
cannot download stock rom

Hi,

I get this error when trying to download a stock firmware from this page: http://www.lg-phones.org/official-stock-lg-optimus-black-firmware-rom.html

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP970/ANEUTL/V10e_00/V10E_00.kdz" on this server.

Reference #18.245e0e17.1389953433.a2dc5e

Is there an alternative page?
I'm interrested in the V10e (EUROPE OPEN) stock rom.

Thanks
Philippe

shinnapong

Mar 3, 2014
This tutorial still works!

I would like to thank the author,

I followed steps describe here and its working flawlessly. Well done.!

Anyway, I tried the Stock Rom link you provided and they all show access denied, but I search and get the V30B from this link.
" h t t p : / / d - h . s t / z k U " (please remove "white space" then you get the correct link). Also in my case, first attemp to connect phone with SmartFlasher Tool didn't show COM PORT , but after (did exactly what suggest by the author) remove battery - then try again, it show COM PORT as expected. Press start -> wait 4:20 minutes and my phone start rebooting. After 2 more minutes all works well. :good: Sim OK, Signal OK, WIFI work, every thing looks perfect.!

Thanks again.

Reactions: karan1778

funhk

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Hi LG p970 Users ;)

Step by Step!

Let Start ;)

1 - if your phone has less than 30% charge take it to charge till it have More than 30%

3 - Download your desired Stock Firmware from Here

- Note : Converting by this tool have more than 1 Step ! let it to do all of them , Dont CLOSE it before than you see all of this stepe in this picture on your screen !
- Note: in last step you cant add CWM to your kernel , Type "N" and enter , adding CWM may cause of bricking Your device [Tnx diazao]!

kHiUQz.png

7 - Download Smart Flash Tool from Here (password : bluedreams) and extract it to any where you want!

8,1 - Turn off Phone
8,5 - Hold Vol+ key

9 - Run the B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe with administrator rights ( Right click on it and then Run as administrator )

13,1 - If your phone drivers installed correst you can see Com port and Comminucation driver if not those are empty !
13,3 - connect your intrnet and unplog the phone and eject battery to turning off phone and then insert battery and do step 8

14 - When you saw Com port and Comminucation driver , can press Start for flashing !

15 - Wait for flashing done , when flashing done phone will restart automaticly !

16 - NOTE : Dont unplog USB cable or turn off your phone or PC or any other work that dissconnects phone from PC untill flashing Done !

This is great! It works!
For those who are looking for stock ROM, you can access here where it was found in other thread from XDA

kamiar1370

Jul 18, 2014
!!!

as when as go to the startin flashin give eror that is stoped
and when i run flashtool it say that cant find model.dll
what can i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi LG p970 Users ;)

Step by Step!

Let Start ;)

3 - Download your desired Stock Firmware from Here (Thanks funhk)

kHiUQz.png

8,1 - Turn off Phone
    8,5 - Hold Vol+ key

why is it on the development section?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Beginers usually check this section JUST ;)
    Patched ICS (v30X) firmware (KDZ) with CWM will BRICK your device!

So it just can be done with GB / Froyo (?)
    Patched ICS (v30X) firmware (KDZ) with CWM will BRICK your device!

So it just can be done with GB / Froyo (?)

No...