[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

Search This thread

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010
I just pushed an update to 4.3 that should fix the fstab issue. My local build tree is on vigor right now and I'm too lazy to switch it to test, but it should fix it. Maybe sometime this weekend I'll fire up my VPS box and try to build tf101.

Recovery V2 from here

Last edited:

TheMrcool212

Nov 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I just pushed an update to 4.3 that should fix the fstab issue. My local build tree is on vigor right now and I'm too lazy to switch it to test, but it should fix it. Maybe sometime this weekend I'll fire up my VPS box and try to build tf101.

Recovery V2 from here

Thanks dlumberg, I'll do it for TF101 and see if it boots or not :) .

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 N7100

Reactions: josteink

TheMrcool212

Nov 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I pushed it to josteink's device tree here

Actually I've done that before, it gave me an malformed fstab although I set the fstab version to 2 as shown in the BoardConfig.mk file. But we'll see it as soon as I got home. I'm hoping that the tablet will boot up, as I've done several tests with same ROM several times a day in my TF whether it boots, I was very angry when the tablet kept doing the same thing (restarting in the eee pad screen). Though I've never got into this, since I'm quite new to Android development and still learning :D

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010
Actually I've done that before, it gave me an malformed fstab although I set the fstab version to 2 as shown in the BoardConfig.mk file. But we'll see it as soon as I got home. I'm hoping that the tablet will boot up, as I've done several tests with same ROM several times a day in my TF whether it boots, I was very angry when the tablet kept doing the same thing (restarting in the eee pad screen). Though I've never got into this, since I'm quite new to Android development and still learning :D

Did you add the 2nd line pointing at the main fstab when you tried it before?

hardy81

Jul 11, 2011
Cannot find a thread for the special gapps, so I'll post here. The People/Contacts app (from May, linked in the initial post of this thread) does not sync with Outlook.com through Exchance Active Sync. Syncs first time, not after that. Apparently this is a common problem, after doing some googling. Calendar and Email (common inbox) sync fine with the same account.

(Canniot report more, going into a jungle tomorrow for several weeks :)

JoeCanuck

Sep 8, 2012
I've had my tf101 for a couple of years now and with the contining work from some very keen folks, I've been able to keep my wee beastie ticking along so well, I haven't felt the need to spend the cash getting something new. My keyboard crapped out...and I got a refurb...and otherwise, it works great.

I have been using a no name ROM for a while and have been happy with it until yesterday, when I tried to mound a 64Gb card into my dock. I farted around with usb stick loaders but that wasn't really satisfactory. I just loaded the latest stable update, (no factory reset...VERY nice feature ), and VOILA...mounted and totally visible in settings and file manager.

I'm not a developer...most of the time I have no idea what you folks are talking about. I'm one of those boring guys who just wants his device to work, day in and day out, without a lot of fuss. This ROM has been just the thing for me.

Thanks to all involved for keeping my beat up little transformer alive and well.

Reactions: karapoutsoglou

karapoutsoglou

Sep 27, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
In love with this rom...folder mount works perfectly. 2 64 gb external cards full of games and movies,780 apps installed and the machine is flying!

edit: of course with tim's kernel help! forgot to mention that!

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium

TheMrcool212

Nov 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
CM10.2 ROM

Good News

Hello to all TF101 users, i finally had a working CM10.2 build! :victory: :victory: I was so excited that after several days of working my dream had come true. Thanks a lot to josteink and dlumberg for helping me out!

For those who want to test the ROM, here's the link for you: http://d-h.st/dnO

I'm not confirm yet to create a new thread by me, because we already had a CM maintainer here. Other than that, i had Paranoid Android ROM to be maintained. I give a way to josteink to make a CM10.2 build by himself, and use jellybean_4.3 branch in his device tree i contributed.

Or

We will have 2 CM ROM for TF101, one of them a nightly build by josteink and the other my own build with additional features built in. However, adding features to PA ROM is a hard job due to missing frameworks and files, but with CM i know it will be much easier. I'll not handle two ROMs on a same device, it will be a lot harder for me.

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Awesome news!

I say a new thread is in order.

If you give me a week++ and I'll be back from vacation and can setup something similar to this for the new cm10.2 builds.

In the meantime, feel free to post whatever you like wherever you like :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: karapoutsoglou

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
Good News

Hello to all TF101 users, i finally had a working CM10.2 build! :victory: :victory: I was so excited that after several days of working my dream had come true. Thanks a lot to josteink and dlumberg for helping me out!

I'm not confirm yet to create a new thread by me, because we already had a CM maintainer here. Other than that, i had Paranoid Android ROM to be maintained. I give a way to josteink to make a CM10.2 build by himself, and use jellybean_4.3 branch in his device tree i contributed.

Or

We will have 2 CM ROM for TF101, one of them a nightly build by josteink and the other my own build with additional features built in. However, adding features to PA ROM is a hard job due to missing frameworks and files, but with CM i know it will be much easier. I'll not handle two ROMs on a same device, it will be a lot harder for me.

Already using this rom, with banks gapps, haven't found any error..
Even Google keyboard is working, with predictions and swiping ,
Great work!
Edit: found that camera is not working yet

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMrcool212

dlumberg

Jul 24, 2010
Already using this rom, with banks gapps, haven't found any error..
Even Google keyboard is working, with predictions and swiping ,
Great work!
Edit: found that camera is not working yet

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is it FCing or showing "app not installed"? I know that CM started including focal, their new OSS camera from Project Nemesis, so I'm curious if that's included on tf101.

I suppose I should just flash and find out for myself...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
Is it FCing or showing "app not installed"? I know that CM started including focal, their new OSS camera from Project Nemesis, so I'm curious if that's included on tf101.

I suppose I should just flash and find out for myself...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

There's focal and camera, both not working yet , can't connect to camera (something like that)

Sent from mobile.

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
I got impatient and my fiance is still sleeping ;)

I've started priming the setup for the CM10.2/4.3 build on the build-machine (which typically takes some hours). If I dont run into any serious issues and find some time later on tomorrow, I may have something up for nightly builds before I get home :)

Edit: Running first test-build now to verify setup.

Last edited:

semiran

May 8, 2009
Maastricht
Good News

Or

after i installed this cm10.2 after 5 minutes i got FC :( installed nothing not even the gapps :confused:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
I got impatient and my fiance is still sleeping ;)

I've started priming the setup for the CM10.2/4.3 build on the build-machine (which typically takes some hours). If I dont run into any serious issues and find some time later on tomorrow, I may have something up for nightly builds before I get home :)

Edit: Running first test-build now to verify setup.

I've run the build, and it fails at that good 'ole fstab thing:

ValueError: malformed recovery.fstab line: "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system ext4 ro wait"
make: *** [/mnt/build/android/tf101/4.3/out/target/product/tf101/cm_tf101-ota-eng.jostein.zip] Error 1

I guess there's some commits which is yet to be pushed to github (nudge nudge), but apart from that, I'm ready to setup a nightly build for this :)

TheMrcool212

Nov 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I've run the build, and it fails at that good 'ole fstab thing:

I guess there's some commits which is yet to be pushed to github (nudge nudge), but apart from that, I'm ready to setup a nightly build for this :)

I got the build working (the first build) by adding device_generic_armv7a from Google's AOSP and putting it into device/generic. I don't know why CM doesn't include that in the manifest, though.

Just do like this:

Code:
cd device/generic

Code:
git clone https://android.googlesource.com/device/generic/armv7-a

Then you're good to go :D

EDIT: Also, that's why i'm pushing this commit in the first place: https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/commit/e7d4aa7518646e45b390fa8288047f53847e7fd6

Last edited:
Reactions: josteink

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No-name CM10.1 nightlies

Welcome to the No-name CM10.1 nightlies ROM.

Features:
    - No fuzz, stable CM10.1-based ROM for the TF101.
    - Timduru's wonderful KAT kernel built in
    - Can play 720p MKVs over wifi using Dice Player (and similar) if OCed to 1.4GHz (see details on OCing below)
    - Support for battery-dock indicator
    - Up to date, nightly builds, with change-logs.
    - Linaro builds available too.
    - Works with PPP widget from the Play Store.
    - Native support for USB and SD-card dock storage.
    - TabletUI mod available.
    - Experimental TF101G support.

We'll do our best to keep it working, stable and fix issues as reported, but whoever feels like contributing should feel free.
    Pull requests welcome.

No-name parts with extra features can optionally be installed from market.
    If you feel like donating, you can install Straitjacket which is my paid app with some extra features. Plus it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling for being a good guy.

Installation:

If coming from any non-4.2.x/CM10.1-based ROM, a factory reset is very much recommended.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Decide if you feel experimental. Linaro or normal build?
    2. Download latest nightly to device.
    3. Download special TF101 gapps linked below. (Choose only one)
    4. Boot into recovery. Use TWRP, not CWM, as CWM doesn't support 4.2 ROMs properly.
    5. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    7. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    8. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod. (For tabletUI-mod: Do read below!)
    9. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    10. Reboot.

Basically, the normal procedure for any ROM.

Updating:

Updating from a previous build does not require a factory reset and will in no way delete any user-data or apps.

Be sure to flash ROM and to reflash gapps otherwise you will lose your current Google-account.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Download latest nightly to device.
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    4. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    5. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod.
    6. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    7. Reboot.

Downloads

TF101 (Wifi only) ROM available here:
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror

Experimental TF101G ROM available here:
    - nexfiles

NOTE: These require TWRP for TF101G to be flashed. a_sh_ has you covered.

Optional trackpad mods::
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror
    - changes pointer-mode, but wont inverse scrolling direction of trackpad.

Gapps available here:
    - Special TF101 gapps by dlumberg & josteink.
    - dlumberg's mirror

Thanks to:

- The Cyanogenmod team, for all the goodies they keep on delivering, across devices.
    - RaymanFX, for a CM-compatible device-tree for the TF101.
    - Timduru, for KatKernel which keeps this thing stable and functional.
    - Auto-patcher, for tabletUI mod.
    - ShevT and a_sh_, for TF101G support.

Linaro?

So you are asking "What's Linaro anyway?". Good questions. To learn more, you can head to the Linaro. Since that is a big, big page with lots of technical stuff, I'll be nice and provide a brief explanation:

- Linaro makes an alternative toolchain which offers extra optimization-options not found in the "normal" Android build-chain. These optimizations should make the resulting build/ROM faster.
    - But these optimizations are not entirely proven yet, and there is some debate about compatibility-related side-effects.
    - These means that the resulting build may be less stable and/or less compatible with Android-software than builds produced using the normal build chain.

Is Linaro for you? It works for me. If you feel very conservative, it's probably best to avoid it.

If you still can't decide, you can check out this thread which dlumberg was nice enough to bring up. :)

TabletUI mod

In the ROM's download folder, for some releases you will find matching tabletUI mods availble for download.

Do note that these mods are created from the ROM itself and must be exactly matched.

That means that if your tabletUI mod is dated 20130428 and tagged "linaro", the only ROM that mod was created for was the 20130428 linaro build and no other build what so ever.
    A mod made for the linaro build isn't supported when applied to the standard build and vica verse. A mod made for one date should never be used on a build created on any other date.

These mods are highly specific and needs to be treated that way. If you are mixing things and having any sorts of issues, there's nothing I can or will do about that. You have been warned.

On over-clocking

Don't use SetCPU or other third party tools. They are not needed, as the ROM has built in OC-controls. Using such tools may cause a conflict and in worst case possibly RRs and SODs.

To unlock the OC controls, go to System settings, About tablet, scroll down to build number, and tap that repeatedly until the system responds with "You are now a developer".

Exit and re-enter settings. You should now have a section called "Performance". Here you can enter a submenu called "CPU". Using this is the supported and recommended way to do over-cloking.

Issues?

Check the Github issue-tracker. They may be reported already. If not, feel free to report them.
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?state=open

Some issues are reported and closed, but have known workarounds:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?labels=workaround+available&page=1&state=closed

If not there, you can also check or ask in the thread. Most issues will probably benefit from public discussion.

Please do not PM me for technical support. You wont get it.

Sources:

Android is open-source. This is an open-source project.

Cyanogenmod:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

TF101 device-tree:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101

Kat-kernel:
    https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel

Experimental TF101G device-tree with modifications by ShevT:
    https://github.com/ShevT/device_asus_tf101g

Experimental Kat-kernel with config for TF101G:
    https://github.com/josteink/tf101-katkernel

Build-setup:
    https://github.com/josteink/android_multi-build
    https://github.com/josteink/simba

Auto-patcher:
    https://github.com/mateor/auto-patcher

Current contributors:
    - dlumberg
    - davebuk
    - ShevT
    - a_sh_
    - TheMrcool212
    - Jostein Kjønigsen (josteink)

Other questions:

- "These are the same builds you posted in RaymanFX's thread, right?"
    - Yes they are.

- "Bleeding edge... Does this include cherry-picks?"
    - No. Only regular CM updates which has passed gerrit code review, just like the official nightlies. We're bleeding edge. Not extra bleeding edge.

- "What makes this different from RaymanFX's 0.8 Work In Progress ROM?"
    - This ROM is based of his work, but he hasn't updated his sources in a long while. With the kernel being replaced by a non-Rayman kernel and him not really updating it anymore, I felt it would be wrong to keep posting it in his thread. As we keep making changes, I expect less and less of his original work will remain.

Thus I felt it was time to give. Not to mention, now people have easy to locate downloads and up to date instructions in the first post.
    Change log:

This log (mostly) reflects changes specifically to this ROM, and does not (usually) include changes upstream from Cyanogenmod.

2013-02-21: Initial release as own ROM, using forked KAT kernel.
    2013-02.24: GPS and battery-dock fixes.
    2013-02-25: Kernel renaming.
    2013-02-27: Fix touchpad-toggle on battery-dock. Thanks to whirleyes!
    2013-03-08: Fix issue with front-facing camera.
    2013-03-12: Fix issue with missing audio after deep sleep on some devices.
    2013-03-20: Added very basic trackpad mods.
    2013-03-21: Fix for bluetooth audio devices. Thanks Boomgawd!
    2013-03-22: Fix for non-working Google Backup.
    2013-03-24: Fix Google talk video chat (thanks to J-Pod)
    2013-03-29: Fix for 720p video-recording.
    2013-04-05: Kernel changed to actual KAT kernel nightlies as well.
    2013-04-14: Fix for Photosphere crashes merged upstream in CM. (Photosphere yet to be included in gapps)
    2013-05-12: Experimental builds for TF101G added.
    2013-05-20: TWRP for TF101G added.
    2013-05-21: TF101G build borken.
    2013-05-24: Broken TF101G builds fixed.
    2013-05-28: Added automatic building of tabletUI-mods for all 4.2 builds.
    2013-06-19: Updated Linaro toolchain.
    2013-06-23: Added support for exfat and better support for SD-card and USB devices in the settings.
    Tablet UI thanks to Auto Patcher http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719408
    Caldair is going to commit the change to the repo so that auto-patcher will have native support for tf101 going forward. Big thanks to him

Flash from recovery over your existing rom.

TabletUI
    http://zenithosis.com/update-cm-tf101-20130320-tabletUI.zip

Restore phablet UI
    http://zenithosis.com/restore-cm-tf101-20130320.zip

There is no settings panel yet.
    [ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro

If you don't mind could you explain something for me then...I have

Using Total Commander as my file explore, I go to the "home/root" screen this is what I see

SD-Card Total Commander shows the path as /storage/emulated/0
    and
    SD-Card (2) Total Commander shows the path as /storage/sdcard1 (when I initially downloaded my ROMS and stuff, I put them on the physical SD card...this is where they are appearing.

If I go into /storage these are the folders I see

emulated
    sdcard0
    sdcard1
    sdcard2
    usbdisk0
    usbdisk1

Is it just me or does this seem unnecessarily messy? I'm not sure if this is a DEV issue or not, but thanks for your help! It seems to be a stable 4.2.2 ROM thus far.

Ok, so here is a rundown:
    sdcard1 is the microSD
    sdcard2 is the dock SD
    usbdisk0&1 are the two USB ports.

sdcard0 is the internal storage for the current user (also /sdcard/)

/storage/emulated/0/ is the primary user (only SuperUser). This is mounted as /sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard0/ when logged in.

If you add users, the second user has data stored at /storage/emulated/10/. When they are logged on, this folder is mounted at /sdcard/ and also /storage/sdcard0/

Additional users will be added in the following order in the /storage/emulated/ directory:
    1st user - 0
    2nd user - 10
    3rd user - 11
    4th user - 12
    5th user - 13
    Just to let you know: Ubuntu upgrade completed. Most things seems to have survived quite well, including the TF101 android build-setup.

Also: I've gotten word from ShevT about the changes involved, so I'm now working on getting the TF101G builds back up.

All in all, should (hopefully) be smooth sailing ahead now (unless I just jinxed it) :D