Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

suiller

Jul 23, 2008
Turin (Piedmont)
ficca.bounceme.net
Trying last test build. All seems fine nice battery ui, can't wait to see oxygen ui full of nice features! Maybe the scrolling is a little laggy? I'll have to try new vork kernel anyway.. great work Adam! Continue this beautiful work!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

yep I agree... latest oxygen (test) + vorkkernel (.37 @925) it's a MUST

Last edited:

Cactus42

Jul 4, 2010
Undervolting can damage the cpu? It could probably cause some corrupt data, but I don't think that lowering the voltage would physically damage the cpu. (Could be wrog, just trying to use common sense ;))

It's physics, overvolting is obvious, it can fry and jump tracks in a CPU, but undervolting can do the same - if there's an imperfection where the current cannot overcome the resistance of the premade track, but it can overcome the resistance needed to arc onto an adjoining track.

J_B204

Jun 15, 2010
Shizophren,

I don't use apps2sd or any sort of ext storage. Flashed the hboot from alpharev. Although before they updating the nand tables for the pvt4 I did use an ext partition. Didn't have any major problems with it.

If you are up to it suggest looking at the alpharev website and flashing the oxygen nand, then you can get rid of the ext partition.

Although make sure you read the instructions carefully and look at the guides on this site. Its not as straightforward as a rom flash imho.

Also bear in mind that once you have flashed the oxygen hboot you will have to flash a different nand table if you want to install a different (larger) rom.

Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

rascarlo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 31, 2010
The Land of the Lion of Judah
But to flash a new table you don't need to go again through alpharev procedure.

Shizophren,

I don't use apps2sd or any sort of ext storage. Flashed the hboot from alpharev. Although before they updating the nand tables for the pvt4 I did use an ext partition. Didn't have any major problems with it.

If you are up to it suggest looking at the alpharev website and flashing the oxygen nand, then you can get rid of the ext partition.

Although make sure you read the instructions carefully and look at the guides on this site. Its not as straightforward as a rom flash imho.

Also bear in mind that once you have flashed the oxygen hboot you will have to flash a different nand table if you want to install a different (larger) rom.

Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

----
sent from a sip of oxygen

mastersjef

Undervolting can damage the cpu? It could probably cause some corrupt data, but I don't think that lowering the voltage would physically damage the cpu. (Could be wrog, just trying to use common sense ;))

Thats a fact:

What is Undervolting?

Undervolting is a process which reduces the excess "voltage" given to the CPU using a software. This is widely used as a cooling solution and in my opinion more effective than any other cooling solution available (thermal paste, cooling pad, etc) at NO cost. Results can vary from 5c up to 30c drop in temperature, most will achieve an average of 10c.

Undervolting will NOT compromise performance at all. Underclocking and Overclocking (clock speeds) is whats responsible in regards to performance. Benchmarks will also prove that performance remains the same. Most beginners usually think and assume undervolting will sacrifice performance but they are wrong.

Cactus42

Jul 4, 2010
Thats a fact:

What is Undervolting?

Undervolting is a process which reduces the excess "voltage" given to the CPU using a software. This is widely used as a cooling solution and in my opinion more effective than any other cooling solution available (thermal paste, cooling pad, etc) at NO cost. Results can vary from 5c up to 30c drop in temperature, most will achieve an average of 10c.

Undervolting will NOT compromise performance at all. Underclocking and Overclocking (clock speeds) is whats responsible in regards to performance. Benchmarks will also prove that performance remains the same. Most beginners usually think and assume undervolting will sacrifice performance but they are wrong.

It's overclocking basics - not enough voltage makes a CPU unstable at a specific clock speed, although every CPU is different. So, you overclock to 1100Mhz and start to get crashes, you up the voltage to make it more stable. The same applies - Stock speed 1000Mhz, tested stable at a specfic voltage. Lower the voltage can start instability and crashing (hence people getting crashes on undervolted kernels)

Yes, Voltage equates to heat - more voltage is more heat. But anyone who's been overclocking things for more than 30 seconds will take stability over the absolutely marginal heat reduction of lowering the voltage below normal on a device of this size

mastersjef

Why CFS is better for gingerbread? Isn't BFS newer and faster? Please help me!!

CFS (Completely Fair Scheduler) is the default scheduler in the majority of distributions was more stable. BFS (Brain **** Scheduler) is newies but it's a tie between them now but its all up to u....

Ps,

Try and find out every phone is different because of the hardware differences battery, cpu, slcd / amoled screens CDMA / GSM.
the manafacturers put different parts they can get in different batches....

Last edited:

io53

Oct 25, 2010
It's physics, overvolting is obvious, it can fry and jump tracks in a CPU, but undervolting can do the same - if there's an imperfection where the current cannot overcome the resistance of the premade track, but it can overcome the resistance needed to arc onto an adjoining track.

You are probably right, if there isn't high enough voltage to open a transistor there wouldn't be the voltage drop over the transistor so there would be more voltage than it should be somewhere. Seems like a long shot tho :p

00Ghz

The Wi-Fi isn't a real issue for now since I'm close to my router. I've been using oxygen since 1.0.2 switched to sense rom and back just to check the Wi-Fi issue. Oxygen is a great ROM.

Xda app

erto90

Jun 21, 2008
Firenze ( Florence )
Tried both kernel.. BFS on my device feels very slow CFS is faster but i found the default kernel of test3 ROM better.. which was?

itsjatt5

Aug 2, 2007
Lockscreen music controls

hi guys,

i am wondrering if there is a way to enable Lockscreen music controls...on oxygen gingerbread ??

AdamG

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2007
Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to a charity I support.

You can donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' project that I support via Cancer Research UK here or by clicking the link in my signature.

You can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Oxygen
    (I'm tempted to put a sarcastic answer here lol?) Oxygen ROM is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and mostly bugfree.

As Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Requirements
    • Amon-RA/ClockworkMod recovery to flash the ROM.

Features
    • Android v2.3.2 built from AOSP
    • Linux kernel v2.6.37
    • Latest Google Apps
    • Superuser
    • Busybox
    • Zeam Launcher

Some of the additional features are listed below.
    • Ability to add/remove silent mode
    • Ability to download any file type
    • Ability to kill apps by long press back
    • Customizable power widget
    • FM Radio
    • Legacy A2SD with support for EXT2/3/4
    • Reboot menu
    • Skip tracks with long press volume up/down
    • Status bar power widget (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
    • Support for connecting to Adhoc wifi networks
    • Menu wake and unlock
    • Trackball wake (not available in Gingerbread release yet)
    • Improved widget picker
    • Various other tweaks and features

Installation
    • Perform a wipe of /data and /cache if coming from any other ROM
    • Download and install the ROM via recovery as you would any other ROM

Download
    Oxygen v2.0-RC7 (Gingerbread RC)

RC7 (RC6 was supposed to be) is the final RC I will be doing until Google release the Gingerbread OTA for the NexusOne, however you can download my latest test build from here, this includes all the latest fixes and features that I have added/changed/updated since RC6. The test zip is constantly being updated on a daily basis and the link will remain the same, so if you like updating be sure to refresh it. You can use the following apk here to install the test build more easily.

Reasons for waiting for the OTA? Well I would rather not hack up the framework just to get video recording working, if we pull the libraries properly and the way it is supposed to be done then no hacks are needed to support video recording, I know this won't be to everybodies liking and I appologise for that but I want to try and keep Oxygen as clean as possible. The OTA proprietary files would also fix a couple of other issues.

Oxygen v1.0.4 (FroYo STABLE)

Thanks to idlesoft.net (ChaosR) for hosting android.adamg.co.uk.
    Thanks to killkennys/schiznik for hosting mirrors and providing build boxs.

Donate
    Android development is a hobby for me, the Android community has been good to me and I enjoy what I do, I don't do it for any personal gain or gratification so if you like Oxygen and would like to show appreciation for the time and effort me and other people have put into it then I would very much appreciate it if you could donate to a charity I support.

You can donate to the 'childhood leukaemia' project that I support via Cancer Research UK here or by clicking the link in my signature.

You can donate via Paypal or by card/cheque, thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for donating if you choose to.

Upgrading
    No wipe is explicitly required when upgrading to another version of this ROM, however if you are moving from another ROM or if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Credits
    • defer/Kali- (Kernel work)
    • st0kes (Getting me interested in building AOSP roms)
    • Cyanogen (Learned many things from the open-source code he has made available)
    • Everybody else who has contributed and donated

Screenshots
    device1.png
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5.png
    device6.png
    device7.png
    device8.png
    Changelog
    2.0-RC7
    Code:
    Added all Google Apps back by popular demand (ROM still fits into Oxygen HBOOT)
    Added battery percentage toggle (now you can turn it on and off)
    Added colour change option for status bar power widget
    Added OxygenSettings app to controll UI aspects of the ROM
    Fixed SMS/MMS bug (kudos to Google)
    Fixed trackpad wake
    Market downloads moved to SD card
    Replaced Zeam with stripped Launcher2 (Zeam can still be obtained from the Market)
    Updated battery percentage (Thanks to jazzk)
    Updated kernel to 2.6.37
    Updated to Android 2.3.2 (GRH78C)

************************* READ ME *******************************
    * Market downloads are now stored on the SD card because Google *
    * increased the maximum app size to 50mb, the /cache partition  *
    * on some HBOOT partition layouts are under this size so some   *
    * larger apps will fail to download, if you have any problems   *
    * with downloading market apps, delete the "Android" folder on  *
    * your SD card and reboot, you should have no problems then.    *
    Changelog history here

FAQ
    Click here if your stuck and read some excellent answers by potter1984

OpenSource & The Team
    Oxygen is a team effort and 100% open-source, if you want to join in or you can contribute in any way just send me a message.
    Current team:
    Benee - vorkKernel
    cloakt - Zeam Launcher
    killkennys/schiznik - Server provider
    1000moths - Graphics

I would also like to give an extra thanks to the following people who have contributed towards the project.
    IEF: Oxygen HBOOT
    ClassicalGas: Battery percentage and animated sync icon
    jazzk: Battery percentage
    _thalamus: Kernel work

You can view the kernel source or the source for the whole ROM here.

Bug/Feature request tracker
    http://code.google.com/p/oxygen-rom/issues/list

Credits
    Adhoc wifi support - daveba
    Automatic backlight mod - jonasl
    Extended reboot menu - defer
    FM Radio - xinyu
    Improved power widget - rmcc
    Improved widget selector - boombuler
    Long press back kill mod - Evan Charlton
    Quiet hours - Evan Charlton
    Screen on-off animation control - defer
    Status bar notification widget - Pedlar
    Surfaceflinger mod - Jeff Sharkey
    Temporary gingerbread camera fix - cyanogen, koush
    Temporary gingerbread graphics fixs - cyanogen, zinx
    Volume track skip mod - kmobs

Sorry if I have missed anybody, it isn't intentional.

Radio
    I recommend using the following radio.
    I have reviewed the code to temporarily have video recording functional, firstly the code is a massive dirty hack and secondly it does not support 720p, for the sake of keeping the Oxygen code clean, I will not be including it.

Google has said the OTA will be released shortly, *reference*

It is better to wait for the Nexus-1 OTA so the required files can be pulled and video recording support can be included properly and not by chopping up the Android framework with dirty hacks.

I would suggest anybody who requires video recording either downgrade to Oxygen v1.0.4 or use another ROM.

I hope everyone understands.
    The following features will be in the v2.0-RC1 Gingerbread release,

Code:
    Rewritten device vendor for Gingerbread
    Added support for FM Radio
    Added wifi adhoc support
    Added ability to hide zoom buttons in the Browser and set them to off by default
    Added ability to change the user agent, define a custom ua and also added IE6 to the list of predefined ua options in the Browser
    Added full screen option to the Browser
    Fixed 5MP resolution in Camera
    Added 5MP wide resolution to Camera
    Added su binary from ChainsDD
    Added support and permissions for changing the network mode via widgets
    Added support for busybox in bionic
    Added support for busybox and init scripts to init
    Removed recovery flasher from init
    Added advanced power widget
    Added modversion to about in Settings
    Implemented a modified AppWidgetPicker dialogue 
    Added renderfx mod
    Added option to add silent mode to volume rocker and turned it on by default
    Added long press back to kill mod
    Added more languages
    Added support for downloading any file type
    Implemented an extended power menu
    Added Superuser by ChainsDD
    Fixed HSPA icon
    Fixed Google Goggles support
    Added A2SD+

Turned ADB on by default
    Turned ADB notification off by default
    Turned jnicheck off by default for better application compatibility
    Set default ADB user to root

The following features have not been added yet,

Code:
    Status bar power mod
    Long press volume to change tracks (possibly RC2 it will be added)