All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kcrumbley

Mar 18, 2008
Is Build 16277 compatible with the Tilt/Kaiser? How can I tell which is or isn't?

Thanks!

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@fallos:

Stored in the registry:

HKLM\Software\Opera\Info

You'll also need the HTC Loading images if you don't already have them.

HTH,

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
Don't know if I'm just imagining this, but build 16277 feels even speedier than 15954. Also, Flash doesn't make the buttons go all wonky anymore.

You're probably imagining it...

I'm getting HORRENDOUS boot times with 16277 on my TP (to the point where it look like my phone is frozen)...is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Are you using the version .CAB'ed by Captain_Throwback? I'm using a OEM'ed version of that one cooked in ROM via my kitchen ... it's been rock solid.

vexingv

Oct 26, 2008
user agent?

9.5 16277: what's the best way to change the user agent? and what should it be set to?

i've been visiting nytimes.com over wifi, but keep getting defaulted to the mobile site. i was previously using 15613 on my Fuze and had no issues (i'm not sure if the cab/install was already tweaked).

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
User Agent Spoof is in Opera Preferences - can't recall which section off-hand (User Prefs I think) so you'll have to do a bit of searching through the settings.

Enter the following in the Address bar in Opera:

opera:config

I believe mine is set to: 2

HTH,

wyeyip

Apr 25, 2009
Ipoh, Perak
i've got a question here..

im using opera mobile 9.5 beta build 1184..
hmm.. it doesnt have a zoom slider.. only double tap works...
but i dont like the double tapping cos it zooms too much..
is there any way to configure the double tap zooms?
or any way to enable the zoom slider??
i tired regedit but the reg key isnt there.. do i have to create myself den?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@wyeyip:

On a device like the TouchPRO, you can slide you finger around the outside perimeter of the Action button - which zooms in/out. IMHO, I much prefer having the ZoomSlider handy as well.

ZoomSlider functionality is in three location - the first being in the STANDARD_SKIN.ZIP skin file, the second in the registry, and the third (for some builds) in the Opera .INI file(s). Opera 9.5 b16277 posted on the first page of this thread by Captain_Throwback supports the functionality.

Lastly, at least in Opera's case, the latest'n'greatest is not always the best to use if you are looking for plugin support, such as Flash, as some builds may not have plugin support enabled.

HTH,

Warjcowski

Nov 9, 2008
Turbo Mode?

Im not sure if this is Gears or if this is an old feature. In build 16277, there is a turbo mode under User Prefs in config:eek:pera. I've enabled it to see if there is any noticable difference, but I was wondering if anybody else had seen this.

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
how to uninstall previous version

I tried installing a new build, but when it asked if i wanted to uninstall the previous version it told me that it couldn't. I read somewhere to kill the opera processes first (opera9 & operaL), so i tried that and still no go (i used sktools). I tried a build a while ago and i thought i remember it uninstalling the previous version without a problem...
Any thoughts on this? Thanks

edit: nevermind, i think the problem is resolved...

Last edited:

pazookie

Aug 21, 2006
anyone having an issue with restoring files such as standard_skin.zip opera.ini from a 15xxx build? when i do opera wont load as well as editing setiingas in browser via config:eek:pera..it shows the splash but fails to load but a fresh install loads instantly

Vladimyr

Mar 5, 2006
Moscow
set.nm.ru
splash screen position

hi, some newest versions like 16277 have splash screen moved to the top left corner...

how me to center the splash screen?

rastlin

Oct 25, 2006
out of memory issues

ok heres a question for yall, i have tried to move all the files possable and no matter what i keep getting "out of memory" issues. i go to low memory sites like news.google.com or this one for example and i still get out of memory issues. i have the program installed on my card and had the cache redirected onto my card and i am running a 4gig card so theres plenty of room i am unsure what else to do. fyi i am running a wing with all standard stuff (havent quite gotten brave enough to flash my unit, yet especally since i am running windows 7 rc1, i have frequently went and cleaned out the cache and cookies and what not and still the same issues keep popping up. any one have any ideas?

-rastlin

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Sorry, dont want to sound rude but in the last weeks the original idea of this thread is not being considered anymore.
I quote myself:

There are dozens of threads in the hole forum regarding Opera mobile 9.5 (Or newer version)
What I´m trying here is to unify all available versions in a single place.

The idea is not to have people asking here for solving problems, it will be a place where you can read about different versions and choose the one you like easily.

Hope you find it usefull and can contribute

If you want to solve a problem, the best is to post on the correspondent thread of your version of Opera Mobile

Please!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts