Flash LED brightness Xperia S

Search This thread
Ok now this is what I've tried and works fine for me.
If you want a much brighter LED flashlight for your camera, edit your build.prop to these values ( if you dont have these lines, add them)

ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashMinV=3300000
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=140
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=145

SAVE the build.prop and reboot. Then check the flash light through camera app.
These are just value edits I have done and the coding is not by me.
Use it on your own risk! Don't blame me if you spoil your device ....

Sent from my beautifull white Xperia S.
Hit thanks if I have helped you.

EDIT:

An alternative would be install pimp my Rom app, use flash led tweaks from it, reboot, then search build.prop for the lines mentioned above, edit them according to the above mentioned lines, save them and then reboot and find the difference in flash led in camera app (when the camera captures a pic, you will notice the difference) or, in custom roms, using just the flashlight app can show the difference.

Last edited:

tochi

Feb 6, 2009
how to copy values on my build.prop

If you want a much brighter LED flashlight for your camera, edit your build.prop to these values ( if you dont have these lines, add them)

Save the build.prop and reboot. Then check the flash light through camera app.

I didnt find that line in my build prop....will I just copy and past ur values

auni

Nov 26, 2011
Dhaka
Good MOD, but to attain higher LED Flash we have to consider a little bit more battery drain right?

darkerm

It was weird when I find out that Xperia S Flash is Dim!
I used Xperia Neo befor buying xperia S and it had really Bright Flash and it even can Burn you Finger if you put your finger on it.
I have to try this MOD.
Hope this works.

---------- Post added 9th January 2013 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 8th January 2013 at 11:17 PM ----------

NO Working With My xperia .55 + Advance Stock Kernel 17.
I didn't have that line so I just cop and Paste them in the end of build.porp then I restart my device but not working :(

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I didn't have that line so I just cop and Paste them in the end of build.porp then I restart my device but not working :(

Reactions: Siggmaster

amartyarishi

Nov 4, 2012
I used Xperia Neo befor buying xperia S and it had really Bright Flash and it even can Burn you Finger if you put your finger on it.
I have to try this MOD.
Hope this works.

It works only in the camera flash...not in any other flashlite apps.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Reactions: Ashray_Vk

zain rizvi

Dec 4, 2008
Islamabad
Not working for me

Save the build.prop and reboot. Then check the flash light through camera app.

Thanx for this as xperia s realy needs a stronger flash, tryd ur mod but everytime i add these lines to build.prop after rebooting nothing happens to the flash intensity and whenvi checkd build.prop, lines are gone, tryd it several times but same thing happens em running .453 stock rooted rom with relocked bootloader.

Last edited:
Thanx for this as xperia s realy needs a stronger flash, tryd ur mod but everytime i add these lines to build.prop after rebooting nothing happens to the flash intensity and whenvi checkd build.prop, lines are gone, tryd it several times but same thing happens em running .453 stock rooted rom with relocked bootloader.

I don't know much about the differences with relocked and unlocked bootloaders in internal file editing but this is confirmed work in unlocked bootloader xperia s .

zain rizvi

Dec 4, 2008
Islamabad
I don't know much about the differences with relocked and unlocked bootloaders in internal file editing but this is confirmed work in unlocked bootloader xperia s .

Unlocked the bootloader n added these lines in build.prop but same thing is happening... **poof** lines gone after restart... Doesnt anybudy knw whyz dat happening??

Unlocked the bootloader n added these lines in build.prop but same thing is happening... **poof** lines gone after restart... Doesnt anybudy knw whyz dat happening??

Sorry mate ..
I am no developer.. just figured out this trick and tried with many xperia s phones and works brilliantly.
Try this...
Install pimp my rom app
Use flashled tweaks (find it)
Reboot
Then use a good file explorer
Check build.prop now
I think there should be these lines already put but values might differ
Change values and reboot
Now see if it works .
(I guess u need to activate init.d support too)

milocj

Nov 11, 2012
Valencia
Tanks too much, works perfectly in my XPS, values intensity in 145/155,
Reboot with 3 vives (power+ vol.up)
from XPS NXP v3RC2 rOOt&roll

Reactions: Ashray_Vk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SAVE the build.prop and reboot. Then check the flash light through camera app.

EDIT:

An alternative would be install pimp my Rom app, use flash led tweaks from it, reboot, then search build.prop for the lines mentioned above, edit them according to the above mentioned lines, save them and then reboot and find the difference in flash led in camera app (when the camera captures a pic, you will notice the difference) or, in custom roms, using just the flashlight app can show the difference.
    Works perfectly...I am on 160....awesome high brightness.
    Works perfectly...I am on 160....awesome high brightness.

Don't force it too much. Be carefull about the flash LED

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    I have to try this MOD.
    Hope this works.

---------- Post added 9th January 2013 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 8th January 2013 at 11:17 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I have to try this MOD.
    Hope this works.

It works only in the camera flash...not in any other flashlite apps.