[Q] is it possible to remove Lock screen?

Search This thread

seeker3000

Feb 28, 2010
hi all

ive checked alot of forums and threads and cant seem to get a 100% answer.

i love my defy, however since its got a physical button on top that turns on the unit, and then to turn off the screen u click it again. simple

it may sound picky, but i dont want to click the power button to turn off, also i dont wanna wear out the power button.

ive tried plenty of apps that do "screen off" function however they just lock the defy instead of turning off the screen.

just wanted to know is it possible to have no lock screen for android?
ive found a good app called "invisible lock widget" which is a hidden icon that u click to lock. is it possible to make it just turn off screen.

or does anyone have suggestions please???

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
"No Lock", which can be found in Market, can disable the lock screen.

I'm using a Chinese app 一键锁屏, which can turn off the screen by a tap on the icon. But it requires root.

seeker3000

Feb 28, 2010
thanks all

thanks all for your replies.

i have tried "no lock" before i posted this thread. ive tried alot of those no lock screen apps and none of them do what i want.

when i use no lock, it just stops me from using any app that can turn off screen.
:(

well, i guess there cant be much done.

if anyone else has any advice it would be much appreciated, other wise thank you all.

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
I'm not sure I've read this thread correctly but I'm quite happy for the screen to time out and turn off the screen, but I don't want to have to swipe to turn it back on. pressing the power button should be the only action. to revive the homescreen.

would no lock achieve this?

seeker3000

Feb 28, 2010
I'm not sure I've read this thread correctly but I'm quite happy for the screen to time out and turn off the screen, but I don't want to have to swipe to turn it back on. pressing the power button should be the only action. to revive the homescreen.

would no lock achieve this?

the thing i want to do is make it so that i can turn off my phone with an icon instead of using the power button. i found apps to do that however they dont turn off my screen, instead they lock my phone so the screen is still on but locked.

i just want it to turn off as if i was using my power button.
"no lock" app stops my phone from going into lock screen at all, however it stops all the other apps from functioning.

maybe if i could change the time that the lock screen stays on would be good enough for me.

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
..."no lock" app stops my phone from going into lock screen at all, however it stops all the other apps from functioning...
When the screen is turned off, most apps will be stopped by design of the android system. Do you mean "no lock" turns off screen and some apps which the power button doesn't? Can you name some of these apps?

seeker3000

Feb 28, 2010
When the screen is turned off, most apps will be stopped by design of the android system. Do you mean "no lock" turns off screen and some apps which the power button doesn't? Can you name some of these apps?

sorry, when i mean stop functioning. im talking about the other screen off apps.
when i have "no lock" activated it stops the screen off apps from working.

basically i just wanna do turn off the screen of the phone just like i do when i click the power button but have the option to use an app.

but from what ive read other androids like sgs it works fine yet for my defy it doesnt.
does anyone else have that problem?