please help! just got it tried rooting possibly bricked?!

Search This thread

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
I've owned 3 Samsung devices and never had an issue. I downloaded the cf auto root and tried flashing it as instructed through Odin 3. I had already installed twrp before all this. It wasn't rooting properly and now it won't boot and isn't recognized in Odin anymore and I can't get into twrp. Please help!

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
Not being recognized... When I power it down it just keeps trying to boot bit won't go past the Samsung screen :( am I F'ed?!

Attachments

• 1393041741435.jpg
    1393041741435.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 1393041755435.jpg
    1393041755435.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 82

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
Not being recognized... When I power it down it just keeps trying to boot bit won't go past the Samsung screen :( am I F'ed?!

dont you still have TWRP installed?
Can you get in TWRP?

Try to hold power button until it turns off. Then turn it back on

PS: OFF TOPIC:
You can root using TWRP, I was able to root mine. I think thats in the advanced settings option

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Never had a samsung hold that count. Never seen warranty bit count either tho. Should have read up more. Dumb move. So is it possible to indoor for ota?

I think you can get them if you install stock recovery.

Check out the CF-AUTO Root posts http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490805 Rooting Instructions

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Oh well. Wish I woulda known that. No one to blame but myself. Hope nothing happens to it.

It has been rumored that Samsung will not warrant the device if it is bricked but if the power button breaks they would most likely repair it.

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
I think you can get them if you install stock recovery.

Check out the CF-AUTO Root posts http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2490805 Rooting Instructions

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

It has been rumored that Samsung will not warrant the device if it is bricked but if the power button breaks they would most likely repair it.

Tried but fails. I'm afraid to do anything now

FSkyman

Dec 2, 2013
plus.google.com
Rooting device

Hi
I dont know what really happen to your device but here some things that might help.

1. Get the latest twrp zipfile should be 2.6.3
2. Unpack in a New directory on your PC - in this directory should be 2 files - one ODIN and one TWRP
3. Use the ODIn in that new directory only this Odin version will work.
4 load the TWRP file into ODIN
5 The only Oding Setting which should be changed is the Auto Re-Boot Option switch it off.
6 Than start the Load Process be patient can Take up to 6 Min.

This works i did it myself if any further question feel free to ask - ih this has helped a thanks would be nice-

Good Luck

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
Hi
I dont know what really happen to your device but here some things that might help.

1. Get the latest twrp zipfile should be 2.6.3
2. Unpack in a New directory on your PC - in this directory should be 2 files - one ODIN and one TWRP
3. Use the ODIn in that new directory only this Odin version will work.
4 load the TWRP file into ODIN
5 The only Oding Setting which should be changed is the Auto Re-Boot Option switch it off.
6 Than start the Load Process be patient can Take up to 6 Min.

This works i did it myself if any further question feel free to ask - ih this has helped a thanks would be nice-

Good Luck

Already got it all squared away but ty

Make sure to watch the sunset at least once a day :cool:

tylerholbrook

Feb 20, 2011
Wait so you could install twrp using gooim app? No computer needed
? I have a Mac and can't root
Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app