[Q] How to restore DROID RAZR M back to stock JB 4.1.2 from the kitkat 4.4.2

Search This thread

jinjola

Dec 30, 2012
kolkata
Locked bootloader want to downgrade

I manually fleshed kitkat to check out the features but ended up with faulty headphone jack and now headphones do not work earlier it used to work in jelly bean and now I want to downgrade to jelly bean I am rooted but bootloader locked.

kulsforu

Mar 15, 2013
I manually fleshed kitkat to check out the features but ended up with faulty headphone jack and now headphones do not work earlier it used to work in jelly bean and now I want to downgrade to jelly bean I am rooted but bootloader locked.

If you are rooted, then download the motopocalypse.apk in your mobile, Run it and let it do its work. Your bootloader will be unlocked after run this apk.
After unlock bootloader, you can easily downgrade to the Jellybean.

jinjola

Dec 30, 2012
kolkata
If you are rooted, then download the motopocalypse.apk in your mobile, Run it and let it do its work. Your bootloader will be unlocked after run this apk.
After unlock bootloader, you can easily downgrade to the Jellybean.

I already did that but I was not successful in unlocking the bootloader so it's there any other way to downgrade.

toroloco73

Feb 11, 2012
But now how can i root and remove bootlader message?

Inviato dal mio XT1052 utilizzando Tapatalk

jinjola

Dec 30, 2012
kolkata
I think you are on KITKAT .15 (last ota) now it may not work
I received kitkat ota but ota kitkat was not installing so I manually fleshed it from myth tools bcoz rsd lite was unable to flash as it was not recognizing my phone.
My build number is kda20.62-10.1 and my system number is 183..46.10.xt907 and some days ago I received an ota which was unsuccessful and now I am unable to boot into recovery and I can't even format my phone.

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad
I received kitkat ota but ota kitkat was not installing so I manually fleshed it from myth tools bcoz rsd lite was unable to flash as it was not recognizing my phone.
My build number is kda20.62-10.1 and my system number is 183..46.10.xt907 and some days ago I received an ota which was unsuccessful and now I am unable to boot into recovery and I can't even format my phone.

you flashed lastest OTA manully?

jinjola

Dec 30, 2012
kolkata
Yes, bcoz ota kitkat was not installing it used to crash everytime during installation, so to get the latest update I flashed it manually by myth tools. Now how can I unlock bootloader and downgrade. Please help me:crying:

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad
Yes, bcoz ota kitkat was not installing it used to crash everytime during installation, so to get the latest update I flashed it manually by myth tools. Now how can I unlock bootloader and downgrade. Please help me:crying:

At Current situation, you cant go back nor root :/

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I can't downgrade ok but I have successfully rooted my device. Now is there any other way to downgrade.

Strange, .15 is not supposed to be root-able. Can you share how you rooted, with screenshots as proof?

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
[WARNING: XDA Premium 4.0.13 lacks Signature function - do not update]

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad
Strange, .15 is not supposed to be root-able. Can you share how you rooted, with screenshots as proof?

Their is a way I think (I didn't tried) if we can flash a zip with PC then we can no doubtly root..

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a

There have been a few reports of people maintaining root across the OTA.
Their is a way I think (I didn't tried) if we can flash a zip with PC then we can no doubtly root..

If you're not unlocked, you can't flash a recovery. If you can't flash a recovery, you won't be able to flash a zip. You can't flash zips in stock recovery.

As a side note, and I'm not trying to be a jerk here, please be careful what info you put in your posts. That's all I'm going to say because I'm sure you've received PMs from admins and other regular members.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: rahimali

livecouk

Oct 24, 2014
Hyderabad

If you're not unlocked, you can't flash a recovery. If you can't flash a recovery, you won't be able to flash a zip. You can't flash zips in stock recovery.

As a side note, and I'm not trying to be a jerk here, please be careful what info you put in your posts. That's all I'm going to say because I'm sure you've received PMs from admins and other regular members.

Look now. I probably once received pm . And for your kind information I said if you can... Do you understand the mean of it? And if you can flash a zip. Yes you can root if you can flash zip...without any base don't try to built roof please

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Look now. I probably once received pm . And for your kind information I said if you can... Do you understand the mean of it? And if you can flash a zip. Yes you can root if you can flash zip...without any base don't try to built roof please
Yes, I do understand what you said, but don't tell him to try if he can't. People just start flashing away and people will start bricking phones.

Reactions: rahimali

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My question is will it be remain unlocked for both CDMA and GSM career in India after flashing back stock JELLY BEAN?

I believe so, yes.
    agree to disagree? :p

once again I'm saying my bootloader.. was constantly loading.. every time I power cycled or put the phone off.. I would be stuck in that "usb connecting" mode.. that's why I ran the command above.. :rolleyes:

also here's another tip for newbies.. ;) if you get really sick of the "Motorola bootloader unlocked message" there's this :)
    It's actually a safety feature. Remove both of them and you have no problem
    Remove only the last one and you'll boot to fastboot mode every time you restart. If the flash fails it's supposed to make sure you can get back to fastboot mode
    But now how can i root and remove bootlader message?

Inviato dal mio XT1052 utilizzando Tapatalk

the bootloader unlocked message is just a logo. flash one of the custom logos from here to get rid of the bootloader unlocked message

Yes, I do understand what you said, but don't tell him to try if he can't. People just start flashing away and people will start bricking phones.