[LG] How to downgrade from Mango to Factory Firmware and back to Mango

Search This thread

PieOfJustice

Feb 15, 2011
Error: GPS Unavailable
This is just an up to date instruction set for those running Mango and the latest LG firmware update (released September 30). This thread will be updated further in the next few days.

BACKUP YOUR PHONE! (Before you attempt any of this)

IMPORTANT: Downgrading right now will result in the inability to update past 7008 because Microsoft has removed the updates from their servers for the time being.

UPDATE: Turns out you can still push the NoDo update by following this post. Also by following the same method you should be able to update back to Mango.

Things you will need:

• Latest LG firmware update
  • Compatible Device (LG Optimus 7 E900 or E900h)
  • Mango update installed on phone
  • Following software and your firmware

Procedure

1. Download LGDP2 V36 UMTS Setup and extract, go to LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup folder and install the exe (use serial number). Now copy all the files from DOWNLOAD folder and paste on C:\DOWNLOAD (overwrite if needed).
2. Install LG United Modem Driver.
3. If you have not installed the MFG app, call # # 634 # on your LG phone.
4. The MFG application will appear, the password is 277634 # * #
5. In the MFG app go to: 7.Engineering 3.Port 1.USB Switching Setting then select 2.QC Composite, The phone should reboot. If not, reboot.
6. Connect your phone to your computer and go to Control Panel. Go to Device Manager, and take a note of the two port numbers for your phone.
7. You'll need firmware in DZ format and the correct DLL for your model.
8. Open LGDP2_V36_UMTS from C:\DOWNLOAD, select UMTS in Division and click OK.
9. Select port (check Device Manager for LG USBModem Port number), you can set a range from easy select or select manually. Select DLL and select firmware in Download Configuration. Click OK.
10. Click START in main window and connect the phone to USB cable. Assuming your have the Latest LG firmware you will have the latest MFG. Open the app and go to 7.Engineering, then hit Emergency download mode. Your phone will now downgrade.

Thanks to: the.rider1290 (For his detailed instructions), nasirahmed (For the original guide and all of his firmware uploads), Noticed (For the Push instructions)

Last edited:

lukasgri

Feb 14, 2007
6. Connect your phone to your computer and go to Control Panel. Go to Device Manager, and take a note of the two port numbers for your phone.

I have a problem in this point. I can't see my phone and ports

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

jontatas

Dec 28, 2010

I have a problem in this point. I can't see my phone and ports

Thx

When I did this I didn't take notes of anything as you can choose a span of ports in the application. If it's wrong it won't find the phone.

/J

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Hmm.. Where did you get a firmware dated 30th september 2011? Or did you mean 2010?

30th Sep 2010

/J

kharma45

Apr 15, 2010
Londonderry/Derry
Am I on the latest FW?

OS version 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number 1.1.2.10
Hardware revision number 1.0.0.0
Radio software 1.1.2.10
Radio hardware version 0.3.5.0
Bootloader version 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC version 0.30.2.0

jontatas

Dec 28, 2010
Am I on the latest FW?

OS version 7.10.7720.68
Radio software 1.1.2.10

No idea if it's the latest but that's exactly what I have after the Mango update so it can't be all bad. ;)

/J

Reactions: kharma45

csw43

May 13, 2005
Swadlincote
Has anybody sucessfully done this. I have a Vodafone Germany Optimus 7 and i want to debrand to Euro open firmware.......but i want to be sure that if i do i will be able to update back to Mango.......anybody ?

Regards

Craig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Am I on the latest FW?

OS version 7.10.7720.68
    Radio software 1.1.2.10

No idea if it's the latest but that's exactly what I have after the Mango update so it can't be all bad. ;)

/J