[Q] Please Help Me! Tab 3 10.1 Lost internal storage

Search This thread

iivari69

Jan 17, 2014
I need help really bad!
Excuse me, my english! I'm from Finland.

Here is my problem.
I have less than a month old Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 wi-fi (GT-P5210)
I rooted tab with these instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2531784
Everything went fine, with the rooting I mean.

But then, I installed app GL to SD(root) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slf.ListglApp&hl=en

After install, I opened GL to SD(root) app. And I intended to move games from internal memory to external microsd.
It informed me something of rebooting, with very poor finnish translate. I accepted and device booted.

After reboot I noticed, that device has difficulties with internal memory. File browser just flashing and in settings->storage just hangs in calculating.
Google play store keeps crashing and when I connect tab to pc it show internal memory size 128Mb (and it should be 16Gb).
I uninstalled GLto SD(root) app, and hope for tab to normalize. But it didn't work. I restored tab to factory settings. But nothing.
My internal memory is gone and I can't install any apps cause Play Store won't work.

Please help me. I need to get this tab working again. How to I recover internal memory back to 16Gb?

Plese help.:crying:

Last edited:

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Do a factory reset/full wipe
Edit: oh sorry, didn't notice factory reset :/
sent from SM-T210(R)ocketTab 3.0 $up€R_f@$T

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Have you tried flashing a new frimware?

iivari69

Jan 17, 2014
Do a factory reset/full wipe
Edit: oh sorry, didn't notice factory reset :/

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Have you tried flashing a new frimware?

No I haven't. What do you mean with "new" firmware?
I have only that TWRP recovery what I flahed with Odin. as in the Rooting instructions.

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
is there any ROMS to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 ?

as New forum user I have to wait 5 minutes between posts...

It's not actually a rom just follow the steps that I am gonna post
P.s download tapatalk and you will not wait 5 mins

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

1) enable usb debugging (settings>developer options>usb debugging)
2) download odin 3.07 and unzip it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
3) download and install latest samsung usb drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2038555
4) download frimware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ select your device modelcountry, etc
5) unrar the frimware to a folder
6) turn off the device and then press and hold (home button +volume down+power) then you will get a warning choose continue by pressing once volume up
7) open odin then attach the usb cable between pc and the device and odin should tell you "added" and make sure auto-reboot and reset time are the only enable
8 ) click on pda and navigate to the folder which you have inserted the frimware in after you unrar it and choose the md5 file and wait
9)click start wait and don't do anything until there is a box which is upon "com 0" at the top left corner says "pass" and unplug the usb cable and you are done

Reactions: iivari69

iivari69

Jan 17, 2014

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

2) download odin 3.07 and unzip it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189539
3) download and install latest samsung usb drivers http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2038555
4) download frimware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ select your device modelcountry, etc
6) turn off the device and then press and hold (home button +volume down+power) then you will get a warning choose continue by pressing once volume up
7) open odin then attach the usb cable between pc and the device and odin should tell you "added" and make sure auto-reboot and reset time are the only enable
8 ) click on pda and navigate to the folder which you have inserted the frimware in after you unrar it and choose the md5 file and wait
9)click start wait and don't do anything until there is a box which is upon "com 0" at the top left corner says "pass" and unplug the usb cable and you are done

OK. I registered to sammobile.com and it takes about 6 hours to download file from file hosting service.
so I have to come back later. I really hope your instructions will work.

Ps. I cant download tapatalk cause my tablet won't let me load anything... or is there pc version of tapatalk?

iivari69

Jan 17, 2014
I had email conversation with GL to SD(root) developer tnslf2k and he guide me through sdcard backup recovery.
Now I have tablet running as it supposed.

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Great :D

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

If you could please post the guide in here? so if anyone has a problem, he can get it fix and thanks

iivari69

Jan 17, 2014

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

If you could please post the guide in here? so if anyone has a problem, he can get it fix and thanks

It wasn't exactly a guide...
It was about 40 emails between dev and me.
There were couple of trys, which didn't take affect.

But with Root explorer, I checked that there is sdcard.backup file in /system/bin/, then
I deleted /system/bin/sdcard and copied sdcard.backup to /system/bin/
Reboot.
It didn't yet make any difference.

Later renamed sdcard - copy.backup to sdcard (which should had done at first place, I think).
Then I installed Terminal emulator and after commandlines:
----------------------------------
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
chown root.shell /system/bin/sdcard
chmod 755 /system/bin/sdcard

chcon u:eek:bject_r:sdcardd_exec:s0 /system/bin/sdcard
and Reboot. I finally got it working.

I will not take any responsibility of these instructions.
I was guided by dev of that app which caused problems with my device.
Developer is tnslf2k and he is registered user here on xda-developers forums.
If someone face similar problems,I suggest to turn to developer of problem causing app.
I personally got help fast and I'm verry happy with "customer service". :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripshock

roninep

Jun 26, 2010
Sunny Tampa, Florida
Im not versed in command line stuff. But can someone advise what these command lines did ?
Does it sound like his "sdcard" path got changed or deleted ? And that made it disappear?
And the command lines restored the path or name ?
Just wondering.
Thanks - glad it got fixed.

But with Root explorer, I checked that there is sdcard.backup file in /system/bin/, then
Reboot.

Later renamed sdcard - copy.backup to sdcard (which should had done at first place, I think).
su

If someone face similar problems,I suggest to turn to developer of problem causing app.

Ripshock

Dec 21, 2013
Bayt Jala
Im not versed in command line stuff. But can someone advise what these command lines did ?
Does it sound like his "sdcard" path got changed or deleted ? And that made it disappear?
And the command lines restored the path or name ?
Just wondering.
Thanks - glad it got fixed.
Here I did a script for you, it has the same command lines
download and install "rom toolbox lite" then open it then "scripter" then "add" on top right then import the script which is inside the zip file then tap on "fix sd card" then run and execute as root
but this script only works if you have done a back up so do as he said
But with Root explorer, I checked that there is sdcard.backup file in /system/bin/, thenI deleted /system/bin/sdcard and copied sdcard.backup to /system/bin/Reboot.*It didn't yet make any difference.*Later renamed sdcard - copy.backup to sdcard (which should had done at first place, I think).Then I installed Terminal emulator and after commandlines
Disclaimer: I am not responsible of anything that might happen to your tab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any ROMS to Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 ?

as New forum user I have to wait 5 minutes between posts...

Reboot.

su