[Q] Rooting and Flashing GT-N7000

Search This thread

Amratesh

Apr 12, 2014
Hey, I just joined this forum. I have been an active reader since a very long time.
I have been trying to root and flash a 4.4.2 ROM on my Galaxy Note.
I can't install the latest PhilZ recovery. It shows a status 7 error.
I tried many guides with no luck.
Every time I root my phone, it gets stuck in a boot-loop and will only reboot into recovery.
I have the Samsung official 4.1.2 ROM running. It is fully updated. The kernel is DDLSC.
Can someone guide me through upgrading my Note to any 4.4.2 ROM. I'm really annoyed with the battery drain issue with 4.1.2 Official ROM.

DaswahreEntchen

Apr 16, 2014
Flashing n7000 with Kitkat

Hi there,

I am also stuck with flashing KitKat on the N7000.
I have never done this before, but i read a lot :).

I used Odin 3.9 to install PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT4-OXA-4.93.6.tar.md5.

This was the first CWM-tar that worked.
I copied omni-4.4.2-20140414-n7000-NIGHTLY and pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140412-signed.zip and (for a second try) also cm-11-20140415-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip on a 4GB SDCARD (64GB would not work at some Point)

Installation began but stopped with Status 7 and an Error somewhat like --> "contents_file_missing"

I found out that I probbaly would have to use the newest version of CWM for KITKAT. That would be 6.0.4.3 i think.
I could not use the Zip I found on the CWM Page because Odin only accepts tars.
After a lot of searching I found philz_touch_6.25.0-n7000.tar.md5.
Unfortounatly Odin stopped after "Nand Write Start" with a fail error.

I also managed to install cyngogenmod 10.1.3 and "rom manager" and also goomanager.
RomManager said i would have updated CWM bur when booting in CWM it was not updated ( still 6.0.3.1 i think) even so RomManager kept teeling me that it was the Version 6.0.4.3. Goomanager could not find a twrp Verions for the n7000.

I still can flash other older roms and i can still replace the cwm that comes with them with the one I stated above, but cannot manage to uodate CWM to the newest Version.

So how am i supposed to update CWm please help me.

Greetings Andreas

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Hi there,
I am also stuck with flashing KitKat on the N7000.
I have never done this before, but i read a lot :).
Not enough reading you did....

Installation began but stopped with Status 7 and an Error somewhat like --> "contents_file_missing"
After a lot of searching I found philz_touch_6.25.0-n7000.tar.md5.
Same as above.

RomManager said i would have updated CWM bur when booting in CWM it was not updated ( still 6.0.3.1 i think) even so RomManager
Again same as above..
So how am i supposed to update CWm please help me.
A hint.. Use it RAW (r4)