Invisibleshield - Does it affect touchscreenability?

Search This thread

Geraldous

Dec 19, 2007
Singapore!!
Hi,

I searched but did not get any useful results.
This is about the invisibleshield.

I would like to ask anyone using the invisibleshield, if their screen protector is
1. made of the same material as what is used for the rest of the full body shield,

and also, from my experience with the invisibleshield for iPod, I noticed that it was rather sticky or clingy meaning that it was more of a slightly rubbery than plasticy texture that is found on most common, generic screen protectors. My question is: Will this affect the touchscreenability of the Tilt, meaning that

2. am I able to move my stylus over the screen easily without it being all squeakily resistant to my stylus inputs

3. and if I am able to move my finger across the screen for TouchFlo

4. and finally if using the invisibleshield will somehow make the screen less sensitive as compared to as if I were to use the generic "plastic" screen protector.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 23, 2007
No, I made it up. It sounds nice though.
There seems to be an abundance of creating new words on this site. lol.

I prefer the made up word 'touchscreeniness' though

Sorry for nitpicking

I don't have an answer for your query yet, I am yet to purchase the invisible shield. I will probably do so sometime next week.

emilgue

Oct 22, 2007
Vancouver
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, but I personally doesn't like touching the screen with my fingers. It'll smudges
4. No

Nevermore

Sep 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
Yes, the screen does have some resistance to the stylus. I eventually got used to it because my Kaiser is slow and I need to scroll slowly anyway.

Overall a great product. I'm selling my Kaiser today on eBay (bought it for the video camera and i'm disappointed) and the screen + body is flawless.

plchan

Dec 21, 2007
Sorry to head about your Kaiser. I didn't think it would be so frustratingly slow.
Thanks for letting me know.

I just bought a ATT Tilt from eBay and I would need to purchase few accessories.

Can you provide your feedback once you installed the Invisibleshield on your Kaiser/TyTn II? thanks

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
The Invisibleshield works good after you get use to the feeling of the screen. I've used other shields on my Tilt and I think they are better compared to the Invisibleshield for navigating. I'm actually going to replace it later with one I had before. I do have the invisibleshield on other devices (camera, Dell PDA, old phone) and it works well. With the Tilt, I flash ROMs that are much quicker than the stock ROM and sometimes you have to apply more pressure with the stylus or finger to navigate.

What I would recommend is get the Invisibleshield, try it out and if it doesn't work they have a money back guarantee.

Crazysamz

Nov 24, 2007
Yes, I found it to be unbearable on my 8GB Zune's screen, So when I got mine for my Tilt, I decided to only install the body protector and install a different screen protector, one made by Javo. The Javo screen protector is excellent, it comes with a cleaning microfiber cloth and a squeegee card, and it is really good. The invisibleshield, on the other hand, makes the screen all colored weird, and it looks like crap.

Geraldous

Dec 19, 2007
Singapore!!
Thanks for the input. I'm actually fine with the body protector but may do what Crazysamz did, applying a different screen protector for the tilt.

jimlivingston

Oct 14, 2007
I installed it on my Tilt four days ago. Here is what I think of it: its a piece of sh|t.

1. The screen was hard to see outdoors before, now it is impossible.
2. It feels like I have rubber on my screen.
3. Scrolling with the stylus gives the sensation that you might rip, tear, or stretch the shield due to its adherent grip.
4. I am using S2U2 and cannot get my finger to unlock the phone without a dedicated and concentrated effort. The stylus however, slides the bar with ease.

In my opinion, it is unusable and a horrible waste of money. I should have known this was crap when the instruction said to squeegee the frikin' thing on as if it was a vinyl overlay (which I think it might actually be)!

A good screen protector should be more rigid and solid (like the screen itself). Furthermore, it should have anti-glare coating and not this egg shell looking crap as the invisibleshield has.

The cheap shield I bought from the cart vendor at the mall for $5.00 was much better than this!

Geraldous

Dec 19, 2007
Singapore!!
I installed it on my Tilt four days ago. Here is what I think of it: its a piece of sh|t.

1. The screen was hard to see outdoors before, now it is impossible.
2. It feels like I have rubber on my screen.
3. Scrolling with the stylus gives the sensation that you might rip, tear, or stretch the shield due to its adherent grip.
4. I am using S2U2 and cannot get my finger to unlock the phone without a dedicated and concentrated effort. The stylus however, slides the bar with ease.

In my opinion, it is unusable and a horrible waste of money. I should have known this was crap when the instruction said to squeegee the frikin' thing on as if it was a vinyl overlay (which I think it might actually be)!

A good screen protector should be more rigid and solid (like the screen itself). Furthermore, it should have anti-glare coating and not this egg shell looking crap as the invisibleshield has.

The cheap shield I bought from the cart vendor at the mall for $5.00 was much better than this!

Thanks for the detailed review.
But instead of calling it a waste of money, do you think it would be better if you used the shield for the body of the device and another screen protector for the screen? or did you just get the screen protector for it?

I actually have it on my iPod and it does have a very uneven surface when viewing it from an angle, which is quite annoying because it doesn't look that nice.

sirsycho

Aug 7, 2006
I have the InvisibleShield for my Hermes and my Blackjack (full body kit with the screen protector) and it works alright. It isn't great and it is a little "tacky" (meaning sticky). My biggest complaint is that if you just put your phone in your pocket it will eventually get dirt and pocket lint all round the edges of the protector film (which is a lot of edges if you have the full body kit).

I ended up pulling some of the kit off the Hermes because it looked terrible after a couple months. The big plus to the InvisibleShield is they tend to make a slick/slippery phone much less prone to dropping because they are so sticky.

Right now I'm absolutely in love with the Martin Field's protectors, they are much more rigid and smoother than the InvisibleShield. They work very good for the Tilt/Kaiser and are cut to fit perfect (great for TouchFLO). They are also removable and washable, and much much easier to install than the others I've tried. So far I've bought them for my Tilt, Archos 605, Sony UX, my 2nd Blackjack, HTC S620 and iPod Touch...

If you can't find the link for them let me know and I'll dig up the URL.

thomassster

Jun 21, 2006
San Jose
I have been a fan of invisibleshield when it came out for ipods. It is still keeping my ipod awesome, but the topic here is touch screen ability. I had it for my wizard. Your screen will be totally protected, but the movement isn't all that great. Feels very rubbery, but you can still click on the screen. I really suggest another protector, but only problem is, you won't get the full protection. but as long as you are careful, with another screen protector, the feel of the screen is worth it.

randomtask16

Apr 5, 2007
my only complaint is being too grippy. Like others reported, I have trouble sliding and touchflowing. Its tolerable for me though, not a dealbreaker.

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
The Invisibleshield is good but it depends on the application. For the Tilt I think it's not a good application (screen protector) as others have said it's not very responsive. However, I do have the invisible shield on other devices such as my digital camera LCD and it works great. They also have a good life time replacement policy.

plchan

Dec 21, 2007
I have been using the boxwave for my Blackberry and the Overlay plus for my other phones. I love them both and I think I am going to get the Overlay plus for Tilt and get the invisiblesheild body protection for it too.

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
I'm planning to get the full coverage and I was wondering how does it feel like on the back? Does it feel like you're holding a plastic bag or something? I like how smooth the back of the Kaiser battery door is.