[Q] galaxy s3 no lte t999 stuck on "samsung" logo

Search This thread

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
ok im going to cut this short i need help im stuck on this "samsung" logo lemme tell you the back story i root it put a rom on it (beanstalk btw) then i decided to go back to stock (dont ask me y i just want to) i used odin and the samsung website to find which version i want i then extract it and everything i used odin 3.07 to work its magic. now im in this samsung screen im waiting 20 minutes for it to pass the "samsung" boot logo yet it doesnt can anyone help me :(

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Try downloading again or using Odin to push custom recovery and flashing a stock based ROM.

Make sure you didn't leave anything checked in Odin you weren't explicitly told to leave checked (I can't remember the exact box I'm thinking of but it has to do with partitions) I lost an admire to a hard brick like that once.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
Try downloading again or using Odin to push custom recovery and flashing a stock based ROM.

Make sure you didn't leave anything checked in Odin you weren't explicitly told to leave checked (I can't remember the exact box I'm thinking of but it has to do with partitions) I lost an admire to a hard brick like that once.

i did try downloading it again and used odin numerous times what do you mean by push custom recovery? but i did flash a stock rom also its the re-partition that you ment to say, i definently left that one closed i didnt leave it checked i cleared my cache and data thinking that the samsung boot wouldve worked but it still didnt

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
I mean use Odin to put a custom recovery like twrp or cwm on the phone and try flashing a ROM like you did with beanstalk.

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
It will confirm that the phone isn't hard bricked and allow you to use the phone at least.
From there you can try Mobil Odin on the off chance that its a PC issue.

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
It will confirm that the phone isn't hard bricked and allow you to use the phone at least.
From there you can try Mobil Odin on the off chance that its a PC issue.

why is twrp asking me for a password when their is none and when i press cancel and view my file it say my sdcard and ext has 0bytes

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Well, that's not good.

Um... I've never had that happen.

But SD and ext showing 0 tells me those partitions were wiped and possibly resized.

I don't know how to rebuild partitions though.

Maybe ask in the twrp thread about the password issue. I've never seen that in 5 years of modding my phones.

The fact that recovery boots at all is promising but I'm not sure if its gonna fix your problem to be honest.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

If you can get past the password and get ADB running you may be able to rebuild the partition tables using ADB commands.

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
Well, that's not good.

Um... I've never had that happen.

But SD and ext showing 0 tells me those partitions were wiped and possibly resized.

I don't know how to rebuild partitions though.

Maybe ask in the twrp thread about the password issue. I've never seen that in 5 years of modding my phones.

The fact that recovery boots at all is promising but I'm not sure if its gonna fix your problem to be honest.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

If you can get past the password and get ADB running you may be able to rebuild the partition tables using ADB commands.

but when i go to backup it gives me the mb and everything it doesnt show 0mb

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Wait... So you CAN get in to flash a ROM but the recovery isn't seeing the partitions unless you're tying to backup the current ROM?

Do you have a backup already made that you can try restoring?

Also, did you ask about the password issue in the twrp thread?

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
Wait... So you CAN get in to flash a ROM but the recovery isn't seeing the partitions unless you're tying to backup the current ROM?

Do you have a backup already made that you can try restoring?

Also, did you ask about the password issue in the twrp thread?

Hmmm.. Im going to do that u mm where is the twrp thread located?

Last edited:

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Um... I don't know for the non LTE s3. The forum has an awesome search function though that should find it for you quickly. I'm on mobile though so its a pain to find and link.

Reactions: Marckiscool

Marckiscool

Nov 23, 2012
Um... I don't know for the non LTE s3. The forum has an awesome search function though that should find it for you quickly. I'm on mobile though so its a pain to find and link.

I got it working! ! It's weird I flashed the stock rom with Odin 4 times but when I re flashed it this time it worked. .. weird but it works thanks for your help tho

Reactions: tokenpoke

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Sounds like a PC hiccup.

You may want to invest in a new USB cable just incase. I've had issues from my original USB cable where it wouldn't transfer files without corrupting. Drove me crazy until I used my girlfriends without issue.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
When ever gojng between tw and cm/aosp roms it will hang at boot unless you factory reset. Glad you got it working!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I got it working! ! It's weird I flashed the stock rom with Odin 4 times but when I re flashed it this time it worked. .. weird but it works thanks for your help tho