[App] bxActions - Remap your Bixby button! single, double and long press!

Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
<< This is the original Bixby button remapper >>

With bxActions you can remap your Bixby button to any action or app you like!
Use the Bixby button launch you camera, open google, toggle recent apps or launch any app you like!

You can even remap the Bixby button to launch google assistant :)
Theres also an option to disable the Bixby button completely if you like.

More Infos & Latest Downloads:
S8 forum: bxActions thread

NOTE 8 forum: bxActions thread

Last edited:

icemanbv

Oct 24, 2007
Brasov
Thanks for sharing this - I was looking for a small and fast app to remap the Bixby button on my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. I made a tutorial and video on how to use it, you can read it here.

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
I'm not aware of this functionality:

1. Create a task in Tasker
2. Create a shortcut in your launcher (or anywhere else where you can create shortcuts) Select Tasker's "Task Shortcut" and select the task.

So I hope some day bxActions will allow shortcuts.

Last edited:

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
thanx, i will try this out when i get my phone.
I will probably map it to the camera since double tapping the home button always seem off on the s7e and idk how it will feel on the s8

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
@nest75068
Yes, I guess unfortunately it will be affected :

This news comes from XDA dev Flar2, who was updating his Button Mapper app for the GS8. He notes that his new Telus Galaxy S8 allowed remapping of the Bixby button with Button Mapper when he received it, but an OTA update changed the button's functionality. Now, the Bixby button's action is no longer routed through accessibility. Thus, it can't be changed without root access. I'd expect a similar OTA to hit all the other carrier variants as well.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/04/17/samsung-blocked-remapping-bixby-button-galaxy-s8/

Reactions: ElBeaner

kevs888

May 25, 2013
Is this still working for everyone?

I was playing with it and one S8 had an option for flashlight toggle and the other S8 didn't.

Any idea why or how to get the flashlight toggle to show up as an option?

Unheard

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Still working on my TMO S8 I got today.

Edit: Button Mapper from the store has the option for flashlight toggle and it's pretty quick to turn on and off.

Last edited:

labyrinthian

Oct 9, 2007
Chicago, IL
Is there a version available that does not have these permission items within Accessibility?

bxActions wants permission to:
- Monitor your actions - Receive notifications when you're interacting with an app
- Observe text you type - This includes personal data such as credit card numbers and passwords

This is a no-way warning for me... :(

venumx

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester
www.timothyfenton.com
How about assigning the button to a shutter button instead of launching the camera?

but the volume buttons already are shutter buttons?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Is there a version available that does not have these permission items within Accessibility?

bxActions wants permission to:
- Monitor your actions - Receive notifications when you're interacting with an app
- Observe text you type - This includes personal data such as credit card numbers and passwords

This is a no-way warning for me... :(

Any app that is used as an accessibility service on a phone auto requires these permissions. The bixby button action is only available through the accessibility service at this point, so there will be no solution that does not require this. Maybe if this or some other app was open sourced people would be more likely to approve of this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    << This is the original Bixby button remapper >>

With bxActions you can remap your Bixby button to any action or app you like!
    Use the Bixby button launch you camera, open google, toggle recent apps or launch any app you like!

You can even remap the Bixby button to launch google assistant :)
    Theres also an option to disable the Bixby button completely if you like.

More Infos & Latest Downloads:
    S8 forum: bxActions thread

NOTE 8 forum: bxActions thread
    Uploaded new version which unblocks the Bixby button!

With this workaround you can remap single press of the Bixby button again :)

Unfortunately there is no way to detect double or long press anymore.

- Unblocked Bixby button
    - Added Google Assitant action
    It would be nice if the developer was ever replying to his own thread.....
    He's really active in his Google+ group. I would join that group if you want faster support.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Long Press Launch camera, Single press Take Photo, That would be perfect.
    Triple Tap to call Emergency contact!

Power key should be already dedicated on this with triple clic