[Kernel][9/5] - CleanKERNEL 1.2 -★| CPU OC 1.99 | GPU OC 300/500 | UV | VRALG1 |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
[Kernel][9/5] - CleanKERNEL 1.2 -★| CPU OC 1.99 | GPU OC 300/500 | UV | VRALG1 |★-

about2.png
setcpu2.png

This Kernel is only compatible with ROMS running on the VRALG1 Base!
Do not use this kernel on any base newer than that!
This Kernel is NOT compatible with the latest version of CleanROM!

Features
  • CPU Overclockable to 1.99 GHZ (vs 1.5GHZ stock).
  • CPU Underclockable to 192MHZ (vs 384MHZ stock).
  • The CPU comes clocked at normal Samsung specs of 384MHZ low and 1.5GHZ high. You will need an application like System Tuner or Set CPU to overlcock it. This can also be modified by advanced users in the init.rc but is not recommended or supported. See first two blocks of init.rc for details.
  • GPU Overclocked at 300/500 MHZ
  • Under-volted just a few milli-volts to help save battery.
  • There are no fancy governors or other such things. Its a modified stock kernel, plain and simple.
  • This kernel should be compatible with any VRAGL1 based ROM such as (of course) CleanROM and Nosympathy's stock rooted base. Good chance it will work well with Team Synergy's ROM too but I have not tested that ROM but its a VRALG1 Based ROM.
  • If your ROM has non Samsung Boot Animation you will more than likely loose it!
  • Its been said that flashing a kernel can cause IMIE loss. I have not seen it myself but I guess its possible.
  • This kernel will NOT work with any AOSP, AOKP, CM9, CM10, etc based ROMS! If the ROM is not a based on official Verizon VRAGL1 ROM then dont flash this kernel!

Instructions
  • Must have an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! No exceptions!
  • Should make a complete Nandroid back up before flashing!
  • Copy ROM to storage and flash
  • Use your favorite CPU controller app to set the speeds.

WARNING!
  • Overclocking can permanently ruin your device. I mean totally kill it! You accept this fact upon downloading the kernel and or source!
  • I cannot and will not take any responsibility for what this kernel does to your device!
  • Not all devices can maintain the same level of overclocking!
  • Just because the kernel can clock to 1.89 does not mean YOUR device can!
  • Be smart and start off low and bring upt the speed gradually just like O/C'ing a desktop CPU!
  • To return to what you had before this... Restore your Nandroid back up! You did make that back up, right?

Changes in this version
9/5/12 - Version 1.2
Added: O/C to 1.99
Possibly Fixed: O/C not OC'ing on some devices
Possibly Fixed: gsiff_daemon fix?
Added: Optimaztions to file system

THANKS!
Thanks to dsb9938 for helping me get my box set up and to sbryan12144 for schooling me on the edits to make. Without their help I would still be looking at an empty Ubuntu desktop wondering where to go!

Downloads
Kernel HERE
MD5: F69F8AA037DCA3C03D5E6B22656FE684

Source HERE
MD5: 20907545F7CD5DF5717EA0101FFF054F

Donations accepted but not expected :angel:

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Last edited:

Scott

Benchmarks dont matter! But your going to ask anyways so I already ran the three most popular benchmarks and the results are below. Your device and ROM set up may NOT acheive these benchmarks.

All testing was done on a fresh install of CleanROM 2.0 SP1 with no background sync 1.89GHZ and Ondemand governor.

These benchmarks are the best of 3 or 4 runs each. They didint vary too much from this except Linpack. That thing is all over the place.

Do not expect to get these scores!

antutu.png
quad.png

linpack.png

Next your going to ask me how the battery life is. Being a new kernel it doesnt have as much metering under its belt so you I will need your input on what you see. Obvisouly if you clock it up high you will see a decrease in battery life. Let me know what you are seeing.

Last edited:

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
on syn r52, clean kernel doesn't support bootanimation ?

can you add MD5 to post

Last edited:

Scott

on syn r52, clean kernel doesn't support bootanimation ?

can you add MD5 to post

MD5's posted....

As stated in OP...

This kernel is based of the Samsung stock kernel for the Verizon based SGS3. The kernel does not deviate from the stock kernel except as noted below...

In other words... No. Thats a Ramdisk edit anyways and not a kernel edit if I am not mistaken, no?

Scott

my bad just glanced at the op :silly:

Its all good. I will post modified RAM disk that supports non Samsung boot animations later on... I just want to get a feel right now for the kernel and how it works out for people.

EDIT: But you do bring up a good point... I will post in the OP that you will loose custom boot ani's.

Reactions: Karl

joaquinla1

Aug 5, 2012
Nice work Scott, first kernel for the Verizon gs3 that under clocks the cpu!
Does it include a fast charge option??
Thanks again for your work! :good:

Scott

Nice work Scott, first kernel for the Verizon gs3 that under clocks the cpu!
Does it include a fast charge option??
Thanks again for your work! :good:

No fast charge. It only modifies the stock samsung speeds of CPU, GPU and Voltage.

No other changes.

CPU Underclock to 192MHZ may need some tweaking. But I am pretty sure I know what it is... Seems to stick more at 384 than 192.

joaquinla1

Aug 5, 2012
No fast charge. It only modifies the stock samsung speeds of CPU, GPU and Voltage.

No other changes.

CPU Underclock to 192MHZ may need some tweaking. But I am pretty sure I know what it is... Seems to stick more at 384 than 192.

I'm using CPU master and after clicking apply like 10 times it stuck at 192.

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Guys keep in mind that by flashing a custom kernel you risk losing your IMEI number. This can happen at any time while running it, not just the act of flashing. It can be restored (even without a backup) but there's a good chance you'll be stuck in roaming afterwards. I've seen several people ask how to get out of roaming but they never receive concrete responses.

Several people have claimed this can only occur on AOSP roms/kernels, but this is false. I've heard reports of people losing IMEI on beans rom using imo's custom kernel.

Reactions: jbdan

Scott

I'm using CPU master and after clicking apply like 10 times it stuck at 192.

Nah, its sticking when you apply, but the thermald config may need some tweaking because it pushes it back up. So it doesnt seem like its sticking but its but then it gets overwritten.

Guys keep in mind that by flashing a custom kernel you risk losing your IMEI number. This can happen at any time while running it, not just the act of flashing. It can be restored (even without a backup) but there's a good chance you'll be stuck in roaming afterwards. I've seen several people ask how to get out of roaming but they never receive concrete responses.

Several people have claimed this can only occur on AOSP roms/kernels, but this is false. I've heard reports of people losing IMEI on beans rom using imo's custom kernel.

Wow, Thats crazy!

How does that happen?

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California

please provide reference

tonytownsend

Aug 23, 2010
This thing is lightning fast and has same battery life as stock. Been hammering on it all night

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Scott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

about2.png
    setcpu2.png

Features
    • CPU Overclockable to 1.99 GHZ (vs 1.5GHZ stock).
    • CPU Underclockable to 192MHZ (vs 384MHZ stock).
    • The CPU comes clocked at normal Samsung specs of 384MHZ low and 1.5GHZ high. You will need an application like System Tuner or Set CPU to overlcock it. This can also be modified by advanced users in the init.rc but is not recommended or supported. See first two blocks of init.rc for details.
    • GPU Overclocked at 300/500 MHZ
    • Under-volted just a few milli-volts to help save battery.
    • There are no fancy governors or other such things. Its a modified stock kernel, plain and simple.
    • This kernel should be compatible with any VRAGL1 based ROM such as (of course) CleanROM and Nosympathy's stock rooted base. Good chance it will work well with Team Synergy's ROM too but I have not tested that ROM but its a VRALG1 Based ROM.
    • If your ROM has non Samsung Boot Animation you will more than likely loose it!
    • Its been said that flashing a kernel can cause IMIE loss. I have not seen it myself but I guess its possible.
    • This kernel will NOT work with any AOSP, AOKP, CM9, CM10, etc based ROMS! If the ROM is not a based on official Verizon VRAGL1 ROM then dont flash this kernel!

Instructions
    • Must have an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER! No exceptions!
    • Should make a complete Nandroid back up before flashing!
    • Copy ROM to storage and flash
    • Use your favorite CPU controller app to set the speeds.

WARNING!
    • Overclocking can permanently ruin your device. I mean totally kill it! You accept this fact upon downloading the kernel and or source!
    • I cannot and will not take any responsibility for what this kernel does to your device!
    • Not all devices can maintain the same level of overclocking!
    • Just because the kernel can clock to 1.89 does not mean YOUR device can!
    • Be smart and start off low and bring upt the speed gradually just like O/C'ing a desktop CPU!
    • To return to what you had before this... Restore your Nandroid back up! You did make that back up, right?

Changes in this version
    9/5/12 - Version 1.2
    Added: O/C to 1.99
    Possibly Fixed: O/C not OC'ing on some devices
    Possibly Fixed: gsiff_daemon fix?
    Added: Optimaztions to file system

THANKS!
    Thanks to dsb9938 for helping me get my box set up and to sbryan12144 for schooling me on the edits to make. Without their help I would still be looking at an empty Ubuntu desktop wondering where to go!

Downloads
    Kernel HERE
    MD5: F69F8AA037DCA3C03D5E6B22656FE684

Source HERE
    MD5: 20907545F7CD5DF5717EA0101FFF054F

Donations accepted but not expected :angel:

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)
    Benchmarks dont matter! But your going to ask anyways so I already ran the three most popular benchmarks and the results are below. Your device and ROM set up may NOT acheive these benchmarks.

All testing was done on a fresh install of CleanROM 2.0 SP1 with no background sync 1.89GHZ and Ondemand governor.

These benchmarks are the best of 3 or 4 runs each. They didint vary too much from this except Linpack. That thing is all over the place.

Do not expect to get these scores!

antutu.png
    quad.png

linpack.png

Next your going to ask me how the battery life is. Being a new kernel it doesnt have as much metering under its belt so you I will need your input on what you see. Obvisouly if you clock it up high you will see a decrease in battery life. Let me know what you are seeing.
    I dont normally *****... Yeah, I do...

But 164 downloads and 15 Thanks in the OP :crying:

Come on guys, hit thanks and rate the thread 5 stars please :highfive:

If you really like it hit the donate button :angel:
    True story: Waiting weeks for Samsung to deliver the kernel code for the latest 'HE' SGS3 update.

Irony: They used the same code from the G1 update and CleanKERNEL works perfect with the HE update!

What follows is a beyond compare screenshot of the HE vs G1 update.

WOW.png

WOW2.png

I think this is why they never released G7 or HD, something was wrong with it?!?!?!

So yeah.... CleanROM 3.0... Coming up! Soon! lol
    Related to the imei seems synergy has a zip to flash in recovery that creates another imei zip backup if lose your imei.
    Probably a good idea for any one running a custom kernel

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1852255
    Sent from Vzw Galaxy SIII running CleanROM 2.0 w/CleanKERNEL