Video Question

Search This thread

losangeles100

Oct 5, 2011
When recording video on the slide I have two vertical black rectangle boxes either side of the video when uploaded to Youtube. It's roughly 1/3 video in the middle with 1/3 either side as a black rectangle.

I've tried all the different screen resolutions with no luck.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

losangeles100

Oct 5, 2011
Your holding the phone wrong. It is designed to be held horizontally not vertical. If you hold it that way you cant get the aspect ratio correct when it is processed for YouTube causing those black spaces your talking about.

Here is one I did holding it correctly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1FnA7sKYVo

Thanks for the reply, but when I do as you suggest I get the black boxes top and bottom instead of left and right.

Techlvr

Aug 31, 2011
Gilbert, AZ.
Are you uploading the video directly to YouTube? Are you using a program or something to process it before you upload? If your using something to edit the video first just make sure to set the Aspect ratio correctly. I use Cyber Link Power Director and it automatically selects the correct aspect ratio. It uses 16:9. As far as uploading directly I am not sure I have ever done that actually but you would think YouTube would get it right when the video is processed. I will have to try and see for myself.