Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Faria Omnia7-rom V1.1(TANGO)
GbNNhQYT
jf8Ijy2m
QS2vpqUi
WgsTVamP

This rom is set to locale Uk in all aspects,there is no extra languages,other keyboards languages are included.
Changelog;
Rom Base from ceesheim team
OS Version: 7.10.8773.98 (TANGO)
Radio software version: 2424.11.2.2
available storage 7.02GB (IN A 8GB MODEL)
Rom Size: 334 MB (350,483,039 bytes)

No .CSC file
Locale-UK –Blue Theme
Fully unlocked
internet-sharing
Htc certs/licenses included
Emergency alerts turned on
Routing audio from videos to bt headsets
*Removed extra languages,obsolete packages/files
Nokia themes/rings
Settings tile pined to homescreen
Bypassed language choice
*Clock always on the notification bar.
*Ported accounts setting icons from (XBmod) mango pack
*Updated wallpappers

*Working Marketplace
Apps Included

*Net profile, Screen Capturer v3 by ,Allshare,Bazaar,Flashligth,Converter,lists, Battery Status,Locactions,Scansearch,Skydrive,Wmdevice center,WPp7 Root Tools,SMS backup,ToolBox,Search Key,Nokia contact transfer,Cellular data,extra settings,cbc settings,web server,lockscreen by cubanaso.
Credits;
First of all I want to thank ,give credit to all the devs for their apps,creations,support and files: Heathcliff74:ceesheim,Bepe, shinichi_wtn, cubanaso ,xboxmod, Hd2owner, DFT, mwang, Cotulla, JerryJiang, ultrashot, Hd2owner, ,and many more. If you name aint here please let me know so I can add it.Extra thanks to ceesheim and ultrashot.

First rule? Backup!!!!!!
If this is the first time you flashing a custom rom Please read the "How to" in the ownia 7 forum!
If you allredy have a custom rom in the device simply flash away.
The rom is nothing revolutionary, it is testbead for me get back into cooking.( coming from windows mobile)

Notes;
compass tested and working, Bluetooth profiles tested and working without any glitches, tested on Jabra headphones and a kenwood head-unit with integrated Parrot hands-free.

future updates...
currently in progress:
custom black theme, customized keyboard etc
custom carrier settings for Samsung network profile

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

faria

can we expect a equivalent samsung focus ROM ?
I would like to say yes, but i haven't got the focus and so far wp7 has proved to be very picky about what we can change in the rom, therefore making very difficult to test, never the less i will do some research about it.

as for other request, the plan is to also release a build with other languages one we get them:)

Regards
faria.

Reactions: habnzrot
I

irlju

Sorry, but I refuse to use these ROMs with butt-ugly themes pre-installed. You don't mix the flat nature of Metro with these silly glassy backdrops. I'd suggest you keep the look default and emphasise the ability to use custom themes.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
Sorry, but I refuse to use these ROMs with butt-ugly themes pre-installed. You don't mix the flat nature of Metro with these silly glassy backdrops. I'd suggest you keep the look default and emphasise the ability to use custom themes.

WOW , ok thats the cool thing about custom rom's , YOU DON'T NEED TO FLASH THEM IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT !!!!

Reactions: AndrewSh
I

irlju

WOW , ok thats the cool thing about custom rom's , YOU DON'T NEED TO FLASH THEM IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT !!!!
Here's the thing - what kind of value do you think you are adding to the device by skinning it? You're providing an uglier, fragmented UI - things that Android OEMs are hated for.

Didn't mean to offend you personally, but all these custom ROMs I'm checking out are stuffed with bloat. If you go back to the roots with Windows Mobile or Android, custom ROMs are to get rid of the clutter. I don't see why Windows Phone tweakers think they should do the opposite.

faria

Thanks for the feedback, the idea is to have a black backdrops but so far I had no success I changing the font color.

In the same note, I refuse to to wear pink trousers! Just because my wife likes it I m not forced to wear them. I will explain reasons behind the theme later on.Have a nice day.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Last edited:
Reactions: ceesheim

faria

Here is the reason behind the theme…..
The theme is part of a bigger project to customize all the icons in the rom , this will look great with a black backdrop/accents and will gives us better battery due to the nature of the screen.
As you may know , or not, using the same theme colour and accents renders the highlighted letters invisible, so we need to change the color of the font,so far we have been unableto do so plus at the moment if you try to cook a custom theme into the rom it simply breaks the unsigned apps unlock rendering unsigned apps useless .
You're providing an uglier, fragmented UI - things that Android OEMs are hated for.
Whats the point then? Lets just use the carrier rom!What do you expect? Different oems different skins etc,if it really bother people they should get an iphone.
Really… let not confuse things here, this is one device alone, neither m I using a different framework for the theme, this is not Htc sense VS Touchwiz, So In theory you can flash any update into my rom provided its is the same version without breaking anything.
In windows mobile chefs integrated apps to save space but users could not remove them,but guess what pretty much every app in my rom can be uninstalled by the user plus we don’t have limited space on our devices as windows mobile devices did.

All we are doing is trying to better our devices but its is early days, and we just started scratching the surface and I for one had enough of flat metro theme after a year stuck with it.
In the end the choice is yours.
Regards
Faria

Last edited:
Reactions: habnzrot

hatuna

Jan 7, 2012
Lukavac
I will personally deal with all the people who FORCE others to use their ROM :)

But if it's free to use and free NOT to use, I really can't see what's wrong then :)

Keep up the good work people, the things are cooking up for Omnia7 these days and it's nice to see it.:cool:

I

irlju

Whats the point then? Lets just use the carrier rom!What do you expect? Different oems different skins etc,if it really bother people they should get an iphone.
Really… let not confuse things here, this is one device alone, neither m I using a different framework for the theme, this is not Htc sense VS Touchwiz, So In theory you can flash any update into my rom provided its is the same version without breaking anything.
Custom ROMs allow for tweaks not possible with a carrier ROM - examples being a higher number of apps shown in the task switcher, and a full unlock. I think it's very hard to say that either of those tweaks will be bad for a user of a custom ROM. The same cannot be said about skinning Windows Phone. Also, Windows Mobile wasn't purely about saving space, it was about optimising the ROM to run better and nicer.

If you'll take any advice from me, remember this: you are never going to get away from Metro on Windows Phone. The apps you use will have it. There will be underlying bits of UI which you will be unable to skin. I will guarantee that you will end up creating something that is neither beautiful in the way Sense or iOS can be, nor industrial like Metro.

If you read reviews of Android devices, you'll see that often the manufacturer skins that OEMs provide do offer extended functionality that can be useful. However, the UI changes and custom launchers are almost universally received poorly. Ever wondered why Microsoft isn't allowing any manufacturers to skin the UI? Hint: it's not just them being control freaks.

But if it's free to use and free NOT to use, I really can't see what's wrong then :)
I like a lot of things about the ROM. I'm not going to get angry if Faria doesn't keep things stock, I simply won't use it as you say. However, I think the concept of providing a semi-skinned ROM is a bad move by default. In fact, trying to skin Metro at all is a sign that you don't understand good design and UI. I don't mean to offend Faria or anyone else, but you'll never get your skin to fully extend into third-party apps and other experiences. Hence, you will always be fragmenting the interface by trying to introduce your own skin.

Sorry if I've offended anyone here, but good design is something that Microsoft has lacked for a long time. I feel like Metro is their break.

Last edited:

faria

Custom ROMs allow for tweaks not possible with a carrier ROM - examples being a higher number of apps shown in the task switcher, and a full unlock. I think it's very hard to say that either of those tweaks will be bad for a user of a custom ROM. The same cannot be said about skinning Windows Phone. Also, Windows Mobile wasn't purely about saving space, it was about optimising the ROM to run better and nicer.

If you'll take any advice from me, remember this: you are never going to get away from Metro on Windows Phone. The apps you use will have it. There will be underlying bits of UI which you will be unable to skin. I will guarantee that you will end up creating something that is neither beautiful in the way Sense or iOS can be, nor industrial like Metro.

If you read reviews of Android devices, you'll see that often the manufacturer skins that OEMs provide do offer extended functionality that can be useful. However, the UI changes and custom launchers are almost universally received poorly. Ever wondered why Microsoft isn't allowing any manufacturers to skin the UI? Hint: it's not just them being control freaks.

I like a lot of things about the ROM. I'm not going to get angry if Faria doesn't keep things stock, I simply won't use it as you say. However, I think the concept of providing a semi-skinned ROM is a bad move by default. In fact, trying to skin Metro at all is a sign that you don't understand good design and UI. I don't mean to offend Faria or anyone else, but you'll never get your skin to fully extend into third-party apps and other experiences. Hence, you will always be fragmenting the interface by trying to introduce your own skin.

Sorry if I've offended anyone here, but good design is something that Microsoft has lacked for a long time. I feel like Metro is their break.
Fair enough, its preferences some like some dont, as for good undestanding of good art you right,what passes for good art this days is debatable:)
Anyway, for people like yourself ,i im working in a cab that can restore the rom skinned items to default,also im about to finish a clean version of the rom.

I

irlju

Fair enough, its preferences some like some dont, as for good undestanding of good art you right,what passes for good art this days is debatable:)
Anyway, for people like yourself ,i im working in a cab that can restore the rom skinned items to default,also im about to finish a clean version of the rom.
Regardless, I wish you the best in your endeavour. It's ambitious, I'll give you that. I can see how your skin will be nice if it's fully implemented, most of my uncalled-for bashing was related to the co-existence of conflicting design languages - either is fine by itself, but when combined they don't work.

I'm worried that you're going to run into heaps of restrictions (ie. how the start screen background is a solid colour). If you somehow get this thing working, hats off to you!

senxis

Feb 3, 2007
Fix Omnia 7 Bluetooth issue?

My Omnia 7 currently gets stuck at searching for bluetooth devices, does this rom solve this?

geddeeee

Feb 4, 2010
This is, IMHO, the best Omnia 7 Tango ROM out there.

Everything works and looks great. Battery life is fantastic too. A lot better than the Mi7ROM which is currently doing the rounds.

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to the next version (if there is one).

This one's a keeper!!!!

Reactions: faria

contable

Oct 25, 2009

Everything works and looks great. Battery life is fantastic too. A lot better than the Mi7ROM which is currently doing the rounds.

Thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to the next version (if there is one).

This one's a keeper!!!!

This is an unqualified comment, because mi7ROM isn´t "doing the rounds" here. mirolg was one of the first cookers after DFT has released the first custom rom. Also he was the first who cooked in the HTC drivers.

How this rom could be "a lot better" than other roms ? All available roms are only dumped. With all respect but the cookers are only replacing packages or adding packages from different builds or other custom roms...

Next time remember your thanksmeter before you post unqualified comments.

Thanks.

Reactions: Osso17 and mirolg

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
This is an unqualified comment, because mi7ROM isn´t "doing the rounds" here. mirolg was one of the first cookers after DFT has released the first custom rom. Also he was the first who cooked in the HTC drivers.

How this rom could be "a lot better" than other roms ? All available roms are only dumped. With all respect but the cookers are only replacing packages or adding packages from different builds or other custom roms...

Thanks.

:) relax contable :) , its just a personal opinion and that is alowed.

faria , miro are good cooks.

but there are a few diverence in rom and a few other ways of cooking :)
I can't say if this rom has a better batt live than other roms, but all samsung rom's are ok.

Reactions: mirolg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Faria Omnia7-rom V1.1(TANGO)
    GbNNhQYT
    jf8Ijy2m
    QS2vpqUi
    WgsTVamP

This rom is set to locale Uk in all aspects,there is no extra languages,other keyboards languages are included.
    Changelog;
    Rom Base from ceesheim team
    OS Version: 7.10.8773.98 (TANGO)
    Radio software version: 2424.11.2.2
    available storage 7.02GB (IN A 8GB MODEL)
    Rom Size: 334 MB (350,483,039 bytes)

No .CSC file
    Locale-UK –Blue Theme
    Fully unlocked
    internet-sharing
    Htc certs/licenses included
    Emergency alerts turned on
    Routing audio from videos to bt headsets
    *Removed extra languages,obsolete packages/files
    Nokia themes/rings
    Settings tile pined to homescreen
    Bypassed language choice
    *Clock always on the notification bar.
    *Ported accounts setting icons from (XBmod) mango pack
    *Updated wallpappers

*Working Marketplace
    Apps Included

*Net profile, Screen Capturer v3 by ,Allshare,Bazaar,Flashligth,Converter,lists, Battery Status,Locactions,Scansearch,Skydrive,Wmdevice center,WPp7 Root Tools,SMS backup,ToolBox,Search Key,Nokia contact transfer,Cellular data,extra settings,cbc settings,web server,lockscreen by cubanaso.
    Credits;
    First of all I want to thank ,give credit to all the devs for their apps,creations,support and files: Heathcliff74:ceesheim,Bepe, shinichi_wtn, cubanaso ,xboxmod, Hd2owner, DFT, mwang, Cotulla, JerryJiang, ultrashot, Hd2owner, ,and many more. If you name aint here please let me know so I can add it.Extra thanks to ceesheim and ultrashot.

First rule? Backup!!!!!!
    If this is the first time you flashing a custom rom Please read the "How to" in the ownia 7 forum!
    If you allredy have a custom rom in the device simply flash away.
    The rom is nothing revolutionary, it is testbead for me get back into cooking.( coming from windows mobile)

Notes;
    compass tested and working, Bluetooth profiles tested and working without any glitches, tested on Jabra headphones and a kenwood head-unit with integrated Parrot hands-free.

future updates...
    currently in progress:
    custom black theme, customized keyboard etc
    custom carrier settings for Samsung network profile

DOWNLOAD
    :) relax contable :) , its just a personal opinion and that is alowed.

faria , miro are good cooks.

but there are a few diverence in rom and a few other ways of cooking :)
    I can't say if this rom has a better batt live than other roms, but all samsung rom's are ok.

I´m relaxed, indeed both are good cookers... and we should be thankful that they are spending their freetime in the kitchen...
    Christ... I got flamed for mentioning the Mi7ROM didn't work well for me. As per f**king usual, my personal preference seems to have annoyed that particular camp.
    I thank ALL cooks for their work, but I'm not a fan of the Mi7ROM. The Faria one works well for me, and that's all that matters.

In future, if you have nothing constructive to say, please don't say anything...

Thanks!!!

As mentioned before:

have a look at your thanksmeter and then check mine...

After that you will know who should stay quiet in future.

End of off-topic discussion.

This one's a keeper!!!!

Thanks.
    can we expect a equivalent samsung focus ROM ?
    I would like to say yes, but i haven't got the focus and so far wp7 has proved to be very picky about what we can change in the rom, therefore making very difficult to test, never the less i will do some research about it.

as for other request, the plan is to also release a build with other languages one we get them:)

Regards
    faria.