Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: DB126

iraciddu

Dec 4, 2018
Hi everybody,
Probably a simple question but I can't seem to fin the answer:
Going to mount my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F in my car, it will be enclosed so I will not have access to the keys so I need it to turn itself on and off when power is applied.
For the power off it should be easy once rooted with apps like tasker or similar, but for the power on, that seems so easy for other devices, I'm struggling to find the solution, I've seen that in other devices you access a menu holding power and volume and set it on there but in this the only menu I've been able to access with volume UP and power buttons is in chinese and (thanks to google translate) seems to be only to perform some testing.
Does anyone know what I can do?
Tanks in advance :)

BasharSYR

Oct 3, 2017
Damascus
Hi
How could i flash a Stock ROM without a PC ?
I have ROOT & TWRP
My PC is dead now and i won't fix (cuz of exams xD)
And thank you!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi
I have ROOT & TWRP
And thank you!
1) Restore a nandroid backup of stock ROM if you have one or can get one from another member thst has the same device. If you use a nandroid backup that was pulled from someone else's device, they will need to make sure their backup does not contain any of their personal data or their IMEI to avoid flashing their IMEI on your device.

2) If there is a flashable zip that has been created from the stock firmware for your device, you can flash that via TWRP.

There are other, considerably more tricky methods for advanced users, but I suggest using one of the two methods I described above if one of them is available to you.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Hi
I have ROOT & TWRP
And thank you!
Wait, are you asking for your Samsung device?

If so, you said it is rooted, go ahead and try the mobile Odin app, it flashes the stock .tar.md5 the same as you would use with Odin on PC.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I don't own a computer I am looking to Root either my ZTE Max blade or my LG K20 plus is there any program that I can install on one of the other phone is to act as a computer to do the USB connection to download the the ADB
Well, its "possible" to run a linux OS on Android without root, but I very highly doubt it would run adb in a manner that could be used to root the other device.

Even still, to even get the OS to run in a manner that would actually be usable to install the proper packages to even be able to use adb/fastboot in any kind of effective manner at all is slim to none, not to mention the very slim odds of it being able to interact with another device in a manner that can push files the way you need to that device.

Long story short.....

No, just, no.

Last edited:

oeg91

Aug 2, 2018
Root for j5 prime sm-g5700

I've read some post about rooting this specific model, but im not sure with one should i follow.
Anyone who have this phone can help me with a guide which you are sure it work with this model? im pretty new at rooting, previus root was using kingroot, which i guess is the simplest way to root, so i dont know much about odin, twrp or flashing.
PS: this one have android 7.0

Last edited:
I've read some post about rooting this specific model, but im not sure with one should i follow.
Anyone who have this phone can help me with a guide which you are sure it work with this model? im pretty new at rooting, previus root was using kingroot, which i guess is the simplest way to root, so i dont know much about odin, twrp or flashing.
PS: this one have android 7.0
What's the model?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
They put a title in their post, you can't see it in an app, you gotta view their post in browser to see the title containing their model number. Just a reminder to always look in browser to see if they put a title in their post. Usually, when a user says "this phone" or "my phone" but doesn't post what phone they have, it's because they put a title in their post and they assume that everyone can see it, not realizing that those of us using apps to view the forum can't see the title, they don't know that the title doesn't show in apps.

Last edited:

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Root for j5 prime sm-g5700
It's in the "title" of the post that you can only see on PC and not in apps.
Although I seldom use apps to go onto XDA, I kinda wish they would get rid of the option for a Title. I've seen it cause confusion quite a bit because a lot of people here are using their phones.

Reactions: Droidriven

Supermutant22

Aug 25, 2017
is there a way that I can decrease the width of the navigation bar on my Galaxy s8+? (I'm looking for a set up like the one on OnePlus devices).

They put a title in their post, you can't see it in an app, you gotta view their post in browser to see the title containing their model number. Just a reminder to always look in browser to see if they put a title in their post. Usually, when a user says "this phone" or "my phone" but doesn't post what phone they have, it's because they put a title in their post and they assume that everyone can see it, not realizing that those of us using apps to view the forum can't see the title, they don't know that the title doesn't show in apps.
Thank you

Reactions: Droidriven
Jul 31, 2017
Mexico City
Fiesta IC6

Hi, everybody,

I rooted my Fiesta Duo I6C China phone (Fiesta_I6C_V06_2015_1130) using Kingoroot app. It went well and then I got the brilliant idea of replacing kingoroot's su for SuperSU. I followed this tutorial (Step 6 was what I did) but I got distracted and forgot to install Super SU apk (Step 6.1). I rebooted and the nightmare began. I wasn't able to boot anymore, phone stayed stuck at boot screen.

Then, I made things worse. I decided to clean my mess by performing a factory reset using the built in bootloader (Android System Recovery <3e>).
4f1xqnum.jpg

What happened? well now I have a non booting phone that does not allow adb access because USB debugging is no longer enabled.

I am a linux-only user, with moderated skills, and I am open to suggestions.

fastboot can be initiated, and both phone and computer can see each other.
Code:
$ fastboot devices
0123456789ABCDEF	fastboot

More information about the phone
Code:
$ fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) 	max-download-size: 0x8000000
(bootloader) 	partition-size:userdata: 32000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:userdata: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:cache: 10000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:cache: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:system: 60000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:system: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:metadata: 2760000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:metadata: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:nvdata: 2000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:nvdata: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:frp: 100000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:frp: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:expdb: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:expdb: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:logo: 800000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:logo: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:para: 80000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:para: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:keystore: 800000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:keystore: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:secro: 600000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:secro: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:oemkeystore: 200000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:oemkeystore: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:recovery: 1000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:recovery: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:boot: 1000000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:boot: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:lk: 60000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:lk: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:seccfg: 40000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:seccfg: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:protect2: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:protect2: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:protect1: a00000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:protect1: ext4
(bootloader) 	partition-size:nvram: 500000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:nvram: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:proinfo: 300000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:proinfo: raw data
(bootloader) 	partition-size:preloader: 40000
(bootloader) 	partition-type:preloader: raw data
(bootloader) 	off-mode-charge: 1
(bootloader) 	warranty: no
(bootloader) 	unlocked: yes
(bootloader) 	secure: no
(bootloader) 	kernel: lk
(bootloader) 	product: ESKY6580_WE_L
(bootloader) 	version: 0.5
all: Done!!
Finished. Total time: 0.014s

Solution seems quite easy, isn't it? Install TWRP and then flash stock rom again. However, there is no information about this phone anywhere, or at least I couldn't find any. What can I do?

When I perform phone's own system check from the built in recovery, it detects the manually manipulated files (su, for instance).

When I try some other fastboot commands, this is what I get:

Code:
$fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Start unlock flow
FAILED (remote: 
Unlock operation is not allowed
)
Finished. Total time: 12.030s
Code:
$ fastboot oem bootlog
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
Finished. Total time: 0.008s
Code:
$ fastboot oem mmcinfo
Finished. Total time: 0.007s
Code:
$ fastboot oem info
Finished. Total time: 0.007s

This is the phone: Fiesta_I6C_V06_2015_1130
9MrYdqO.gif

Any help will be really appreciated.
Regards.

Last edited:
Hi, everybody,

I rooted my Fiesta Duo I6C China phone (Fiesta_I6C_V06_2015_1130) using Kingoroot app. It went well and then I got the brilliant idea of replacing kingoroot's su for SuperSU. I followed this tutorial (Step 6 was what I did) but I got distracted and forgot to install Super SU apk (Step 6.1). I rebooted and the nightmare began. I wasn't able to boot anymore, phone stayed stuck at boot screen.

Then, I made things worse. I decided to clean my mess by performing a factory reset using the built in bootloader (Android System Recovery <3e>).

What happened? well now I have a non booting phone that does not allow adb access because USB debugging is no longer enabled.

I am a linux-only user, with moderated skills, and I am open to suggestions.

fastboot can be initiated, and both phone and computer can see each other.

More information about the phone

Solution seems quite easy, isn't it? Install TWRP and then flash stock rom again. However, there is no information about this phone anywhere, or at least I couldn't find any. What can I do?

When I perform phone's own system check from the built in recovery, it detects the manually manipulated files (su, for instance).

When I try some other fastboot commands, this is what I get:

This is the phone: Fiesta_I6C_V06_2015_1130

Any help will be really appreciated.
Regards.

It could be oem_unlock etc. Type fastboot oem help and see if that defines anything. Also if you didn't toggle the oem unlock switch in developer settings, you maybe out of luck unless you can just boot a twrp img, do your stuff and boot out of it. As for the twrp image...does your device have one?

Jul 31, 2017
Mexico City
It could be oem_unlock etc. Type fastboot oem help and see if that defines anything. Also if you didn't toggle the oem unlock switch in developer settings, you maybe out of luck unless you can just boot a twrp img, do your stuff and boot out of it. As for the twrp image...does your device have one?

First fo all, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Unfortunately:
Code:
$ fastboot oem help
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

Code:
$ fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Start unlock flow

FAILED (remote: 
Unlock operation is not allowed
)
Finished. Total time: 10.207s

The command above showed in the phone screen the following message (typos and everything):

Code:
Unlock bootloader?

If you unlock the bootloader,you will be able to install custom operating system software on this phone.

A custom OS is not subject to the same testing as the original OS, and can cause your phone and installed applications to stop working properly.

To prevent unauthorized access to you personal data,unlocking the bootloader will also delete all personal data from your phone(a "factory data reset").

Press the Volume UP/Down buttons to select Yes or No.

Yes (Volume UP):Unlock(may void warranty).

No (Volume Down):Do not unlock bootloader.

Then Yes is selected and this appears.
Code:
Unlock failed... return to fastboot in 5s

This behavior occurred also prior to my problem even when I tried with "oem unlock switch in developer settings".

And sadly, my phone does not have a twrp image because I cannot find one for my brand/model.

First fo all, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Unfortunately:

The command above showed in the phone screen the following message (typos and everything):

Then Yes is selected and this appears.

This behavior occurred also prior to my problem even when I tried with "oem unlock switch in developer settings".

And sadly, my phone does not have a twrp image because I cannot find one for my brand/model.

I hate to say it but it sounds like it despite all what you're seeing the device does not support OEM unlocking.

risk91

Dec 12, 2018
Malang
funtastethick.tech
Hi, i have same problem with this topic : zenfone 2 laser reboot while gaming..
(I cant insert link because limited post)

I already ask the condition in that thread..
But last reply in a years ago..
Maybe in this thread have some problem with me and solved the problem?
Thank for the answer..

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts