[Q] Just purchased 10.1 wifi today cant get touchwiz OTA

Search This thread

jerk!

Dec 16, 2008
Have a wi-fi only version i bought and it says no updates available but i dont have touchwiz...any ideas as to why i dont get the update or how i can get it:confused:

capufo

Jul 13, 2011
Have a wi-fi only version i bought and it says no updates available but i dont have touchwiz...any ideas as to why i dont get the update or how i can get it:confused:

Did you set up a samsung account on settings n i never got a update either i ended up installing a rom. And im happy with it.

Yue Fairchild

Mar 20, 2011
Exton, PA
Weird thing...I got a Wi-Fi 16GB yesterday and got the OTA immediately, but today I took it back and got a 32GB, but it wouldn't get the update. I ended up flashing a custom ROM.

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
Same here. Have been checking for update and nothing so far. I have created account since I purchased SGT 10.1 in July. I also have the SGT 10.1 32GB Where is our TouchWiz. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007
OK I just thought about something. Those that haven't received the TouchWiz update. Is your bootloader unlocked? My SGT 10 already came with unlocked bootloader.

rleonard55

Jul 23, 2008
Omaha
+1 unlocked 32gb - update received

Also other threads mentioned these steps...
1) Samsung.com account setup?
2) Already been in the Google Market on the tab to accept the Terms of Use?
3) After both of those, did you add your Samsung account to the tab with success?

Last edited:

clanaota

Aug 28, 2010
Same here, ordered yesterday on amazon, logged into samsung account, checked for update, and nothing.

What is everyone's details? My build number appears to be a build for IO attendees from what it looked like in another thread, not sure though, so maybe that's the cause as TouchWiz isn't available for the IO build

Android Version: 3.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3
Build Number: HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3

dnanj

Feb 5, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Same here, ordered yesterday on amazon, logged into samsung account, checked for update, and nothing.

What is everyone's details? My build number appears to be a build for IO attendees from what it looked like in another thread, not sure though, so maybe that's the cause as TouchWiz isn't available for the IO build

Android Version: 3.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3
Build Number: HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3
Got my wife a 16GB wifi only tab from Staples and same deal.

Setup the google account, samsung account and accepted market terms but no update available.

Checked the Build Number and it shows HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3

I found another thread in here that notes the build number above is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE (Google I/O) version and not the retail version.

Can any one else not finding the update check their build number to confirm if it happens to match the one above?

Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE (Google I/O) Android 3.1 update is out!

abdurm

Apr 7, 2010
Got my wife a 16GB wifi only tab from Staples and same deal.

Setup the google account, samsung account and accepted market terms but no update available.

Checked the Build Number and it shows HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3

I found another thread in here that notes the build number above is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE (Google I/O) version and not the retail version.

Can any one else not finding the update check their build number to confirm if it happens to match the one above?

Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE (Google I/O) Android 3.1 update is out!

Even I have The same Build no HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3 no update available

clanaota

Aug 28, 2010
just got off a chat with samsung and they said they have halted the update, with no info on when it will resume. not impressed with samsungs communication skills.

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX
Go to Menu-settings-Accounts and Sync-add account-choose samsung account-sign up(if you haven't created one yet)
The sync logo will stay gray color next the samsung account. Go check for system updates...should walk you through the process.
Keep in mind that this update will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Make sure you have a full battery or enough to last you a bit.
Try to keep the screen 'awake' during the process. Let me know if you run into problems.
The update is cool. Not bad.

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX
just got off a chat with samsung and they said they have halted the update, with no info on when it will resume. not impressed with samsungs communication skills.

Halted the update??? That's bull crap...why would they do that?? Sucks for the customers that wanted to check out the update. I guess we'll see what happens.

mkm79

Mar 21, 2010
Funny, I just got of the chat with them and they told me this:

"In order to prevent network or server overload we are limiting the number of Tabs that can download the update. You can either keep trying, or wait for your Tab to receive a push update notification."

oreo

Dec 23, 2006
Toronto
Could it be related to the lawsuit? Maybe touchwiz will be removed from samsung products if they lose the suit...

timejus

Dec 2, 2010
I've just bought a 10.1v in Belgium ( GT-P7100, 16G + 3G ). It came with Android 3.0.1 ( build HRI83.BUKE2 ) and no samsung apps.
I don't have the option to add a samsung account ( I also have an SGS2 which has the apps and I have created a Samsung account on it so I know how it should work ).
Software update tells my device is up to date.
So will I have to root&flash to get to 3.1 ?

ElCamino

Feb 5, 2007

I hope they didn't.

Also those of you that seem to have the I/O kernal, did yours come unlocked?

NigelAtHome

Aug 15, 2011
I cannot update as well

I have the same Build number HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3. Min also says there is no update available. I am in new Zealand and wa shoping that did not stop me getting the update.

bharathbala2003

Feb 5, 2011
London
Hi,

I got the 16GB WiFi version of the tablet on 12th.. am not sure if it already had the update on it.. because i am able to see the features of touchwhiz UX except for the video hub.. is there a way to check which version of touchwhiz is being use?? my build number is HMJ37.XXXKG8 P7510XXKG8

jbeez

Dec 13, 2010
Philadelphia

I don't believe this, mainly because samsung sent me a label to overnight return my tab and they are sending me a new tab just because I complained that I couldn't get the OTA. Why would they send me a brand new tab if I couldn't get the OTA and they knew they stopped it? It's being delivered to them today.

Anything is possible though, I've seen sammy do some things that had me scratching my head in the past :D

Last edited: