Notification Bar Widgets in Atrix 2

Search This thread

androiddecoded

May 3, 2011
I bought Atrix 2 today.. but there is no widgets in Notification bar similar to Samsung Touchwiz. They are pretty handy. Anyone knows an app for it??

Darth_Reals

Apr 10, 2012
Moscow
www.youtube.com
I bought Atrix 2 today.. but there is no widgets in Notification bar similar to Samsung Touchwiz. They are pretty handy. Anyone knows an app for it??

There are a few versions of this notification bar for the Atrix 2. But you have to be on one of the DEODEXED roms to have them. That means, you also need root and CWM Recovery. If you do - I can share a few status bars with you.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think there's an app called notification toggle in Google Play
just give it a try.....!!!!

Pretty cool. Two comments.

1. Unless I use a white background there will be a white border on two sides as if this app was not made for our screen size. Anybody else see this?
2. Why does a ROM need to be deodexed to use the toggle zips here? Won't they work on stock odexed?

The End.

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
This is what I'm talking about...

6cc8b2e2-6b78-a2a4.jpg

The End.

It would be better if the white screenshot notification wasn't there. Then you would see a small thin line of white along the bottom of the notification app as well as the right side. Make sense?

Last edited:

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Pretty cool. Two comments.

1. Unless I use a white background there will be a white border on two sides as if this app was not made for our screen size. Anybody else see this?
2. Why does a ROM need to be deodexed to use the toggle zips here? Won't they work on stock odexed?

The End.
To answer number 2... Notification toggles as well as practically every mod required a deodxed phone because in a odexed phone the information in say BlurCamera.apk is split between BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex This makes it very difficult to find a a specific file you might be looking for (epescially for theming) because it can be anywhere between the two. In a deodexed ROM BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex is combined, so all the files are in one place and easy to find.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
To answer number 2... Notification toggles as well as practically every mod required a deodxed phone because in a odexed phone the information in say BlurCamera.apk is split between BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex This makes it very difficult to find a a specific file you might be looking for (epescially for theming) because it can be anywhere between the two. In a deodexed ROM BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex is combined, so all the files are in one place and easy to find.

Yup. That damn SystemUI.odex....
You can only edit existing images, xml files - minor theming stuff - in the odexed apks. To edit the smali files (which is needed for heavier mods, like adding the dropdown toggles, power menu options, etc..) you need to deodex...
I have been running on an odexed rom for a while now, and it's quite a bit faster loading and booting.. I managed to tweak it pretty well while leaving it odexed, but I gotta get my pulldown toggles back... still working on that..

Sent from my mind using XDA

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have been running on an odexed rom for a while now, and it's quite a bit faster loading and booting.. I managed to tweak it pretty well while leaving it odexed, but I gotta get my pulldown toggles back... still working on that..

Thanks. I'd be very interested in what you've managed to accomplish tweak-wise on a stock odexed ROM. I'm sure others would too. Start a new thread?

The End.

Reactions: alteredlikeness

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
One more named Widgetsoid2.x is quite good, you may have a try~

Thanks. I do prefer this over the other notification app talked about earlier here. However, it suffers from the same strange 'not fitting' issue. I'm not able to use a black background without the border issue appearing. White background works quite well. It also has more options. The app is a bit buggy and I'd definitely recommend watching the video tutorial. Once setup with what works and what doesn't the app is satisfying enough. Thanks for your post. This is a good alternative to pulldown notifications on the stock odexed ROM.

The End.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Nice. Do you have that weird spacing issue when used on the notification screen or is it just me?

Yup...
1335898047888.jpg

I think it's because they are not individual toggles, more like just a picture of the toggles as a place holder, and that pic is probably not sized for our phone (just a guess)... or, maybe it's for a scroll bar? can you put a few rows in the notification and scroll? (again, just a guess, I haven't played with this app enough yet)

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
My guess is its an absolute value in the XML instead of a percentage or floating value. Probably designed without the ATRIX 2's dimensions in mind.

The End.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think there's an app called notification toggle in Google Play
    just give it a try.....!!!!

Thanks. I'd be very interested in what you've managed to accomplish tweak-wise on a stock odexed ROM. I'm sure others would too. Start a new thread?

The End.