updated S-Voice apk

Search This thread

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I'm getting Force Close every time I tell it to do something that app oriented, I'm assuming it's looking for Samsung applications? I fixed permissions with in root explorer , is there something else I'm missing. Still think its kinda pointless lol. NVM some things work some dont, I sent myself a text but cannot set an alarm lol. this helped things though.

Originally Posted by sanderbouw
To get it working properly you need to open the apk with winzip or winrar and you'll see an lib folder with an .so file in it.
Copy this file into your /system/lib and reboot.
It made the S Voice working on my old Xperia X8.

Last edited:

kpizzle

May 14, 2012
Gainesville, FL
I copied that .so file from the .apk into the lib folder and it works now. It appears the only time that the app FC itself is when it tries to launch another app. I'm guessing probably because it is trying to look for the Samsung app.

Example - When I ask "Locate the nearest Mexican restaurant" or "What is the weather like today?"

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
U should link the the original thread so people can give credit where it is due and thank whoever ported it

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

xBkKx

Sep 30, 2011
You're going to need to use ADB with cmd line to push it as far as I know or have root enabled file explorer like ROM Toolbox and you will see system when you're in it, this app never worked when I pushed it to system for me just installed it like a normal app and rebooted phone

Sent from my LG-P999

aaCotyaa

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Yeah I had to just install it regularly on the first release I got, but on this one I had to move to system. I used Solid Explorer.

raziqfarid

Jul 6, 2012
I need a help iam stuck with network problem

hi i need a help from u.iam using xperia x8.im using custom rom mini cm9 3.0.3.i tried installing s voice but it didn't work.so i followed your method. i first moved that svoicesigned.apk to the system/apps and then installed.i extracted the svoicesigned.apk and copied a .so file fom lib and then moved it to the system/lib.and then i changed the ro.product.device=Gt-I9300 and ro.product.model=GT-I9300 using root explorer.but till now the problem is not solved.so i set permission to svoicesigned.apk to rwxrwxr-x.and set permission to libsvoxtts.so to rwxrwxr-x.and rebooted,but the problem is not solved.please help me to come out of this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who dont know, there is a new updated S-voice out that is currently working on most devices. I'm sure it'll be patched soon as well, and the need to change the build.prop will arise again. In the meantime, this one DOES work

http://www.mediafire.com/?fp04n29phdzeram

Move to system/app, install, enjoy.