[E(dual)][TWRP + CWM] Stock Kernel with Dual Recovery

Search This thread

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Hey,

This is the modified kernel with TWRP 2.6.0.0 and CWM as a dual recovery option.

Disclaimer
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * You may have voided your device's warranty.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. [B]YOU[/B] are choosing to make these modifications on your device
 * I absolutely disclaim any responsibility.
 */

Download Links

This is just a modified version of stock jellybean kernel 11.3.A.2.1, it contains TWRP v.2.6.0.0 and CWM. It does not contain any other modification. This kernel has been tested on Sony Xperia E Dual(C1604) running 11.3.A.2.1 jellybean firmware, so far there have been no issues.

Instructions

Installation

Flashing a kernel may require an unlocked bootloader which may result in voiding your device's warranty

Guide to Flashing Kernel via Flashtool (follow for unlocked bootloader only) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879982

Otherwise you may boot to fastboot mode by
  • Power off your device
  • Press Volume Up key while connecting to computer via USB.
  • Execute
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot /path/to/dualboot.img

Booting into Recovery

TWRP
  • Power Off The Device
  • Power on the device
  • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, press the volume down key a couple of times
  • You should be in recovery mode with orange notification bar

CWM
  • Power Off The Device
  • Power on the device
  • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, wait till it lights off
  • When notification bars lights up to green, press the volume down key

FAQ

I don't like the concept of dual recoveries, is there any way i can have either one?
Yes, for
CWM standalone use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2276943
TWRP : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505502

Is this compatible with jjm34's CM10?
Yes it is, is has been specially compiled in order to be compatible with the recovery used in jjm34's CM10 recovery.

Is this compatible on Xperia E single sim?
I have not tested it out on C1504/5 since I do not own that device, however you may install this at your own risk.

Is this compatible on ICS?
Once again I have not tested it out, the kernel used is the default JB kernel.

Credits

1. Androxyde for his flashtool
  2. jjm34 for his cm10 port/CWM
  3. FXP for the initial nanhu release

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Reactions: Deadpool
Building a kernel is slightly different from what is done here, but it is quite simple to add governors and New I/O schedulers

Thanks, although there seems to be a hint of sarcasm in your reply :p

nope... not even a bit of sarcasm...

I mean what I said.. dude there were no good devs here for E... I really appreciate your work..

again.. not a bit of sarcasm..

Reactions: hsr0 and gbadcool

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Can i use this AFTER flashing ur cm10 bro @hsr0??? :confused:

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Sorry No, the kernel and ramdisk used in this boot.img is different from that on CM10, hence you might encounter bootloops.

I mean what I said.. dude there were no good devs here for E... I really appreciate your work..

:)

adamant783

May 6, 2013
Can't install dual recovery on cm10.. Also when i connect my phone in flashmode or fastboot mode flashtool shows drivers need to be installed. However i already had installed the drivers. Also re-installed them

Sent from my Xperia E dual using xda app-developers app

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Can't install dual recovery on cm10.. Also when i connect my phone in flashmode or fastboot mode flashtool shows drivers need to be installed. However i already had installed the drivers. Also re-installed them

This recovery is only for stock, flashing it in cm10 will result in bootloops

adamant783

May 6, 2013
Can we install cwm recovery on cm10?

hsr0

Mar 8, 2012
Can we install cwm recovery on cm10?

If you install CWM recovery/this recovery, only booting into recovery will work, but the normal system startup will result in bootloops.

So i flash this only if you need to go back to your STOCK backup and don't need to run CM for the time being.

gbadcool

If you install CWM recovery/this recovery, only booting into recovery will work, but the normal system startup will result in bootloops.

So i flash this only if you need to go back to your STOCK backup and don't need to run CM for the time being.

Work great in Stock kernel, but return to CWM only after flashing the OC Kernel :cool:
(Guess OC Kernel like CM Kernel anyway) :D

adamant783

May 6, 2013
Can't we remove twrp recovery and install cwm? Or can dual recovery be ported for cm10?

Hit thanks if i helped

adamant783

May 6, 2013
Does the cm10 ver 1.0.1 come with dual recovery?

thuybang

Mar 24, 2013
Hanoi
Many thank bro @hsr0. I just flash your dualboot into Stock ROM and it works perfect.
So now, dont care about network bug,( of course,we pay time but i love CM10 ROM) to wait you fix that problem. :good:

meiax93

If root method, i'm use VRoot, i work well :D
I already test it on Xperia L, Live with Walkman, Xperia E Dual, Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
But you must disable superuser ( it like SuperSU ) on Apps > All to replace SuperSU.
Remember let that superuser allow SuperSU to update binary and after that you disable superuser, not SuperSU.

After disable superuser, go to SuperSu, find install to /system, and yeah SuperSu work properly :)
*after allow SuperSU, install binary, dont press yes on delete other superuser cause different model cause bootloop :(
P/s : sorry if im out of topic, just want share this method, it easy :)

Good Luck! Sorry my english Bad :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

This is the modified kernel with TWRP 2.6.0.0 and CWM as a dual recovery option.

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * You may have voided your device's warranty.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. [B]YOU[/B] are choosing to make these modifications on your device
     * I absolutely disclaim any responsibility.
     */

Download Links

This is just a modified version of stock jellybean kernel 11.3.A.2.1, it contains TWRP v.2.6.0.0 and CWM. It does not contain any other modification. This kernel has been tested on Sony Xperia E Dual(C1604) running 11.3.A.2.1 jellybean firmware, so far there have been no issues.

Instructions

Installation

Flashing a kernel may require an unlocked bootloader which may result in voiding your device's warranty

Guide to Flashing Kernel via Flashtool (follow for unlocked bootloader only) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879982

Otherwise you may boot to fastboot mode by
    • Power off your device
    • Press Volume Up key while connecting to computer via USB.
    • Execute
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot /path/to/dualboot.img

Booting into Recovery

TWRP
    • Power Off The Device
    • Power on the device
    • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, press the volume down key a couple of times

CWM
    • Power Off The Device
    • Power on the device
    • When the lower notification bar lights up to blue, wait till it lights off
    • When notification bars lights up to green, press the volume down key

FAQ

I don't like the concept of dual recoveries, is there any way i can have either one?
    Yes, for
    CWM standalone use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2276943
    TWRP : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505502

Is this compatible with jjm34's CM10?
    Yes it is, is has been specially compiled in order to be compatible with the recovery used in jjm34's CM10 recovery.

Is this compatible on Xperia E single sim?
    I have not tested it out on C1504/5 since I do not own that device, however you may install this at your own risk.

Is this compatible on ICS?
    Once again I have not tested it out, the kernel used is the default JB kernel.

Credits

1. Androxyde for his flashtool
    2. jjm34 for his cm10 port/CWM
    3. FXP for the initial nanhu release
    Building a kernel is slightly different from what is done here, but it is quite simple to add governors and New I/O schedulers

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Sorry No, the kernel and ramdisk used in this boot.img is different from that on CM10, hence you might encounter bootloops.

:)
    @hsr0 can you think to develop a better kernel with more features on our E DUAL?

now you are a real developer.... hats off...

Can't we remove twrp recovery and install cwm? Or can dual recovery be ported for cm10?

Hit thanks if i helped
    I'll add the option of dual recovery in the next cm10 release.