Lost all app data after crash and forced reboot

Search This thread

birkholze

Jan 14, 2009
Clyde
www.centsports.com
Hi, did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

I experienced something very strange and depressing this morning. Running AOSPA 4.1 beta, I experienced a bug with pie that locked my phone up after rotating it while pie was active. Only way I could find out of it was to hold the power button until it rebooted the phone.

When my phone booted back up, I was greeted with the message "System UIDs Inconsistent." All of my gapps started force closing at random times and ALL OF MY APP DATA was gone. All of my apps were still there, just all of the data was gone so every time I opened one, it was like the first time it has ever been launched. It's like a factory reset was performed but all of my user apps are still installed.

I wiped system and reinstalled the rom and gapps hoping to solve it but it didn't fix anything. Used Titanium Backup to try to restore the backed up system ID but it said the current ID matches what's backed up. I then ran fix permissions in TWRP and that fixed the UID message and gapps force closing but my app data is still gone.

I'm hoping the data is still there, just inactive/hidden. My free space on SD seems to be a GB or 2 lower than before the problem but it's been a few days since I checked that so it might be the same as before the issue.

My last backup with Titanium was a few weeks ago so I'm really trying to avoid restoring that if there is some other solution to restore the app data if it's still there. All that Swordigo progress gone with only the final boss to go!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Have you tried browsing the app data to see what's there?

I've had similar things happen across multiple devices and typically only a restore has helped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

birkholze

Jan 14, 2009
Clyde
www.centsports.com
The data/data folder has a folder for each of my apps but all that's in most of them is a cache folder or lib file but nothing else. I guess it's just gone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
I haven't got my n5 yet but on pure stock on my nexus 4 I had a forced reboot (do have a custom kernel) and all my Google app data was gone (account, music, ect...) I think it has something to do with fsync being off possibly?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk