[Q] SM-N9005 Soft Brick

Search This thread

Noxious123

Dec 2, 2013
Hey I had a rooted Galaxy Note III - SM-N9005.

I just tried to upgrade it from 4.2 to 4.4.2 using a guide online and it's bricked itself it gives me the error message:

SW REV CHECK FAIL : [ABOOT]FUSED 3 > BINARY 2

I've searched everywhere for an answer and none of the unbrick methods currently out there seem to work.

Any attempt to unbrick causes the same error message to appear:

SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 3 > BINARY 2

Please help?

Last edited:

exprxp

Feb 7, 2010
Hey I had a rooted Galaxy Note III - SM-N9005.

I just tried to upgrade it from 4.2 to 4.4.2 using a guide online and it's bricked itself it gives me the error message:

SW REV CHECK FAIL : [ABOOT]FUSED 3 > BINARY 2

I've searched everywhere for an answer and none of the unbrick methods currently out there seem to work.

Any attempt to unbrick causes the same error message to appear:

SW REV CHECK FAIL: [ABOOT]FUSED 3 > BINARY 2

Please help?

: [ABOOT]FUSED 3 Which means You have KitKat SW Installed 4.4

BINARY 2 means you are trying to DOWNGRADE to 4.3 JellyBean

Noxious123

Dec 2, 2013
So what the problem?????

Download KitkAt and install it

Is it hard for you?

Not that simple I've tried that several times with different region firmwares and everything. All of them 4.4.2 Nothing seems to work because of the stupid KNOX **** that Samsung puts on their phone now. With my old phone flashing firmwares was easy but now they make you wait for the next firmware update in order to fix your phone if you accidently softbrick it.

If you want to read what happened last time this happened and what fixed it, click here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48271795#post48271795 - This no longer works because my phone thinks its on Kitkat but it's not so I cant reflash the Taiwan firmware.

I'm currently downloading the latest Taiwan firmware before you suggest it as an option. I'm going to see if that works again.

Last edited:

Noxious123

Dec 2, 2013
Not that simple I've tried that several times with different region firmwares and everything. All of them 4.4.2 Nothing seems to work because of the stupid KNOX **** that Samsung puts on their phone now. With my old phone flashing firmwares was easy but now they make you wait for the next firmware update in order to fix your phone if you accidently softbrick it.

If you want to read what happened last time this happened and what fixed it, click here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48271795#post48271795 - This no longer works because my phone thinks its on Kitkat but it's not so I cant reflash the Taiwan firmware.

I'm currently downloading the latest Taiwan firmware before you suggest it as an option. I'm going to see if that works again.

FIXED: The Taiwan Firmware seems to fix it every time if someone has a problem like this just download the latest firmware from sammobile.com. Make sure its the Taiwan Firmware otherwise it wont work, I have no idea why but if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great just to know why.

Last edited:

exprxp

Feb 7, 2010

To download SW there is no problem what KNOX status you have.

The problem which you wrote WRONG SW Version.

Dont connect KNOX and SW Version together.

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-N9005

So on that page you can see easily WHAT SW Version 4.4.2 or 4.3

Make sure you selected 4.4.2 ONLYYYY