Carousel Icons

Search This thread

CmdrCrichton

Dec 28, 2013
Anyone know how we can change the icon in the carousel for apps download from Play Store to look like ones from the Amazon app store?

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda premium

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
Anyone know how we can change the icon in the carousel for apps download from Play Store to look like ones from the Amazon app store?

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda premium

Create an icon of the app you want the icon to be changed, or find a bigger icon on the net. Decompile the apk, find the icon inside the apk. Change it with your new icon. Compile the apk. Sign it. Put it into your kindle, install and enjoy!

Seriously... i have no idea :D

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Create an icon of the app you want the icon to be changed, or find a bigger icon on the net. Decompile the apk, find the icon inside the apk. Change it with your new icon. Compile the apk. Sign it. Put it into your kindle, install and enjoy!

Seriously... i have no idea :D

For some apps, Amazon has a folder with pre-defined icons on the device. I cannot remember the directory atm, but browse around & you will find it.

Max-ML

Dec 2, 2011
APK Icon Editor

Thanks, I'll have to do some browsing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bumped over this topic.
As there are still lots of people buying Fires around, maybe topic is not outdated for all - thus there is a solution.
APK Icon Editor freeware, open source tool to modify Android app icon.
Very easy to use in fact.
Just need to install Icon Editor on your PC, open and replace APK icon and repack it back and sideload to KF HDX (should work for other KF as well).
From dozens of apps just few of them may not work - f.e. if you repack Toshl, it gives error while loading (can't connect to server), the same with Dolphin Browser... Thus my advice is BEFORE you install modified APK, backup original one.

Anyways in my case only this 2 apps refuse to work after modification. All others (including Chrome, Firefox, alternative markets like Mobogenie or 1Mobile, MxPlayer or Dice Player.... etc. etc. all work just fine.

And yes - NO ROOT required. :)